Pages:
Author

Topic: Need help with blade erupter set up. 8 blades total. - page 2. (Read 1090 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
bumping, no one knows? or because im in a noob area i get no love? Grin
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
So I have the following that was purchased from eBay. It was working before but is not working (fully) now. Heres the setup

I have

11 ethernet cords
2-5 port switches linksys SE1500
10 blade erupter 10.7 gh/s blades (2 broken)
1 PSU- Its the HP model capable of 850 watts
1 Asus RT-n53 router
internet connection of 30 mbs
my laptop which runs the bfgminer proxy

my laptops IP is 192.168.1.16

Now heres my problem

I had someone help me last night change all the IP addresses so that they are labeled 192.168.1.201...202..203 etc

http://s7.postimg.org/hl67og257/settings.png
greenshot

Also what is that x for? The other blades dont show a X

So I am able to connect to each one individually and change the settings as listed above.

They are supposed to connect like this.

Router
         Switch
              4 ethernet cables connected to a blade
         Switch
              4 ethernet cables connected to a blade

Now since two blades are non functioning thats all I need.

Each switch I put a ethernet cable running from the switch to the router and the other 4 ports are filled with blades.

Heres the real issue

I plug in the power and place the first blade into slot on on the backplane, I then take the ethernet cable from slot 1 on the first switch and plug it in...it works

I do this all the way through the first full switch so I have 4 blades running and they run fine.

Now, If I connect ethernet cable number 1 from the the second switch it will connect and start up in bfgminer but then about 10-20 seconds into it I will start losing hash power and it will kill all but 1 blade.

I then tried connecting the first 4 again and getting them running and then connect a ethernet cable directly from the router into blade number 5 BOOM same freaking problem and it kills all the blades but one.

I have a fan on the blades and they are not hot you can feel heat but with them running over a hour you can touch them and leave your finger on there without any discomfort. So its not heat.

I dont know what to do, I had a guy using teamview that has set up tons of these and he couldnt figure it out. I am at my wits end and the seller is offering no help. His suggestion was to run them without a proxy, my understanding is that if I dont use a proxy they run about 36% efficiency and use up major bandwidth.

I paid $1725 for this rig. I will be asking for a refund on the two blades that are dead. That should leave me with about 84 gh/s but if I cant get the full rig working it was not worth the investment (and Ill probably ask for a full refund through ebay as he told me he would give me setup instructions, which he didnt, and that setup would not take long)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have spent over 10 hours the last two days just on this.

Oh almost forgot, I tried buying crossover cables (didnt help)
I bought a linksys router as the switches are linksys (didnt help)

Pages:
Jump to: