Pages:
Author

Topic: Need to buy bitcoins ASAP - page 2. (Read 4007 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
firstbits 1LoCBS
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
May 08, 2013, 10:45:27 PM
Escrow is when a "middle man" (a reputable, trusted third party) is used to a conduct a transaction between a buyer and seller.  In your case, since you are looking to buy BTC, after reaching an agreement with a seller, the seller would send the BTC to the escrow agent.  The escrow agent would notify you that he has recieved the BTC and you would then send your payment to the escrow agent.  Once the escrow agent has recieved your payment, it would be forwarded to the seller and the BTC would be sent to you.

Ok thanks I am googling about it now.

But in the case of BTC who would the escrow agent be?

Is there some online website or do we both have to choose a person we Both feel will not run off with both our moneys or what?

You and the seller would have to look through the Currency Exchange portion of the forum to find someone you both trust, based on the recommendations of others.  (John K has been recommended quite a bit.)  Don't just let the seller pick an escrow agent that you don't trust or feel safe with.  You should be able to work out a deal in the Currency Exchange portion of the forum, without using another website.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 08, 2013, 10:29:15 PM
Escrow is when a "middle man" (a reputable, trusted third party) is used to a conduct a transaction between a buyer and seller.  In your case, since you are looking to buy BTC, after reaching an agreement with a seller, the seller would send the BTC to the escrow agent.  The escrow agent would notify you that he has recieved the BTC and you would then send your payment to the escrow agent.  Once the escrow agent has recieved your payment, it would be forwarded to the seller and the BTC would be sent to you.

Ok thanks I am googling about it now.

But in the case of BTC who would the escrow agent be?

Is there some online website or do we both have to choose a person we Both feel will not run off with both our moneys or what?
May 08, 2013, 10:25:21 PM
Escrow is when a "middle man" (a reputable, trusted third party) is used to conduct a transaction between a buyer and seller.  In your case, since you are looking to buy BTC, after reaching an agreement with a seller, the seller would send the BTC to the escrow agent.  The escrow agent would notify you that he has recieved the BTC and you would then send your payment to the escrow agent.  Once the escrow agent has recieved your payment, it would be forwarded to the seller and the BTC would be sent to you.
May 08, 2013, 10:17:17 PM
can anyone explain to me or send me a link about what is escrow and how it works?
May 08, 2013, 10:09:25 PM
what is "escrow"?
May 08, 2013, 09:51:07 PM
See if any of the posts in the Currency Exchange interest you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

Or, post your own ad there with what you want to pay and payment method you want to use.  Use escrow to avoid getting scammed.  Scammers are everywhere.
Activity: 351
May 08, 2013, 09:49:50 PM
I know how things change in 21 minutes!

Try https://localbitcoins.com/country/IN
May 08, 2013, 09:42:04 PM
Your first step is to figure out where you're at.

I am in India, but the point is I need to do some type of bank transfer or something online so in that case it seems irrelevant where I am at because I need to do everything online.
May 08, 2013, 09:36:04 PM
Any one can tell me the fastest and cheapest way to buy bitcoin immediately?

It seems that Mt.Gox charges $10 to buy bitcoin from them.
I am in the USA and so need to do a bank transfer from my bank to theirs but their bank charges a 1,000 Yen receiving fee (about $10 USD).

I already signed up with Dwolla too, and started the transfer of funds to my Dwolla account, but the funds will not be there till the 14th of this month at the earliest. and I need to pay a bill with bitcoin before that.

Some time ago I signed up with coinbase and got verified and tried to just buy half a Bitcoin with them but they canceled my transaction. saying:

"Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel this order because it appears to be high risk. We do not send out any bitcoins on high risk transactions, and your bank account will not be charged."  Tongue

I am new to Bitcoin and just started to use it and now I am in a bind because I need some bitcoin ASAP!

Anyone have any tips of how to get some Bitcoin by this Monday the 13th?

Thanks!

Yes bit instant is cool and all but there are 2 problems:

The first one is they charge a steep fee (3.99%) am I not understanding something?

The second is I am now abroad traveling out of the country currently and so can not just go to Walmart or whatever and make a cash deposit.

Your first step is to figure out where you're at.

May 08, 2013, 09:26:34 PM
Fast, secure, cheap - pick 2!

ummm... what are you talking about?

Just a joke to illustrate the dynamics of the situation. If you want bitcoins fast and secure they probably won't be cheap (reputable exchange). If you want it secure and cheap it won't be fast (in person exchange). Or if you want it fast and cheap then it probably won't be secure.  Smiley
May 08, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

ummm... what are you talking about?
May 08, 2013, 09:21:10 PM
Yes bit instant is cool and all but there are 2 problems:

The first one is they charge a steep fee (3.99%) am I not understanding something?

The second is I am now abroad traveling out of the country currently and so can not just go to Walmart or whatever and make a cash deposit.
May 08, 2013, 09:15:08 PM

May 08, 2013, 09:12:33 PM
May 08, 2013, 09:04:11 PM

www.bitinstant.com
May 08, 2013, 09:00:51 PM

It seems that Mt.Gox charges $10 to buy bitcoin from them.
I am in the USA and so need to do a bank transfer from my bank to theirs but their bank charges a 1,000 Yen receiving fee (about $10 USD).

I already signed up with Dwolla too, and started the transfer of funds to my Dwolla account, but the funds will not be there till the 14th of this month at the earliest. and I need to pay a bill with bitcoin before that.

Some time ago I signed up with coinbase and got verified and tried to just buy half a Bitcoin with them but they canceled my transaction. saying:

"Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel this order because it appears to be high risk. We do not send out any bitcoins on high risk transactions, and your bank account will not be charged."  Tongue

I am new to Bitcoin and just started to use it and now I am in a bind because I need some bitcoin ASAP!

Anyone have any tips of how to get some Bitcoin by this Monday the 13th?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: