Pages:
Author

Topic: Need Urgent help with my electricity consumption !... - page 2. (Read 350 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 46
If they are using 100 watts in total that is exactly 1.1kwh every hour. There are 24 hours in a day so about 25kwh daily and 30 days in a month so like 750kwh. This is just at the top of my head.

If you got a bill for 3200 kWh it’s due to the air conditioner. They use at least 1500 watts each. So if you run them all day, they use more power than your rigs.

Then you got a stove and lights and what not.

i guess you are probably right...
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
If they are using 100 watts in total that is exactly 1.1kwh every hour. There are 24 hours in a day so about 25kwh daily and 30 days in a month so like 750kwh. This is just at the top of my head.

If you got a bill for 3200 kWh it’s due to the air conditioner. They use at least 1500 watts each. So if you run them all day, they use more power than your rigs.

To have 3266 kWh month like OP said, the constant power would be something like 4535 watts
1100 each rig = 2200
A/C, maybe 1000w or more = 3200

I don't know about his house, but the standard of refrigerator, lights, shower etc is not too much, so I suspect rigs are consuming more, and A/C is consuming more than 1000w
Activity: 207
Merit: 12
Syntrum.com
A/C is a big no for small farms because it doesn't make any sense unless you have free electricity, my advice is change the location of your miners if you believe the heat is too much, I did the same thing because I don't have enough money to pay bills for AC. Find a location where cool air is present.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
Your electricity rate is good, 0.11 USD

I used to use this formula to calculate power consumption of month:

total watts of rig measured on the wall * 24 / 1000 = day total
day total * 30 = total power consumption of month

The website you posted is right

Did you measure 1100 watts on the wall? With a wattimeter?

AC alone is hunger for power, there is models alone that can use more than 1000watts
Activity: 260
Merit: 46
Recently ive been receiving huge electric bills, i was thinking running the AC 24/7 was the reason for that (besides my 2 RIGs) but then i started to see the bill increasing even more

i checked here in turkey regarding the electric rate apparently its 0.07$ USD for up to 210 kWh/month then 0.11$ USD for exceeding 210 kWh/month !

First my two rigs both are sucking 1100 Watts 24/7 in total, so how do i know my monthly kWh consumption ?? Because according to the power company i have consumed 3266 kWh for the past month, so how to check and calculate my actual consumption ??

i used something like this:
https://www.inchcalculator.com/watts-to-kwh-calculator/

when entering 1000 in the first space and 720 in the second blank i get just 720 kWh for a whole month, wat less than 3266 !...

thanks,
Pages:
Jump to: