Pages:
Author

Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion] - page 19. (Read 75620 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
electroneum.com
Guys, I know you would hate me for this but I can't hold suggesting it:

I would like to change the name of NEM to NIM

New Internet Movement rather than New Economy Movement.

It would make more sense to expand and reach more average non-technical users with the name NIM rather than NEM.

In fact I don't see NEM as an economy at all as much as I see it as a new internet platform that is much more secure than any other platform available today in terms of social network, dns, messaging, trading, .....

It doesn't have to stand for anything past NEM, once we make it a brand, it doesn't even matter what the NEM acronym stands for. I do agree "New Economy Movement" isn't the best. How about New Era Money, Nifty Electronic Money. If there is anything wrong with NEM, I'd say it's the N, if we want to be around for awhile, we probably shouldn't be called New anything.

I think HTC's ad campaign was pretty popular when it was around.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/brandindex/2013/08/28/htc-what-does-it-stand-for-campaign-closes-perception-gap/

+1 for New Era Money! I think that's a lot slicker than New Economy Movement.

WE ARE THE

NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
Can anybody tell me what's wrong with the nem?
Nothing wrong with NEM, just only good news-

NEM ALPHA LAUNCH IS SCHEDULED FOR 25th JUNE 2014

nothing at all wrong with the <>! not only good news but community stronger than ever in history!

~NEM~ to the stars!

New

Economy

Movement

Activity: 448
electroneum.com

NEM - Best Distribution of Any Crypto to Date

2800 accounts

>>Sure there naturally were some sockpuppets
         >There was at the very least over 1000 REAL Humans who initially received a stake.
                        ->700+ of those being veteran accounts
         >Out of those stakeholders almost 500 sold parts of their stake on the Nxt AE
         >Helpers, Designers, etc. received a stake, spreading out the distribution as well
         >On top of that there is still an upcoming auction for charity/branding package

* NEM has had it problems with UP trolling the Simcoin
               thread under a sockpuppet that was a stakeholder
               and he admitted to having another sock as well

Regardless NEM rightfully earns a spot on the Wall of Honor for the most de-centralized distribution to date
Activity: 382
Iota and JINN
Nothing wrong with NEM, just only good news-

NEM ALPHA LAUNCH IS SCHEDULED FOR 25th JUNE 2014
Activity: 497
Merit: 501
"Nifty Electronic Money" is a definite no from me. Sounds too flippant and if anything, will scare off anyone who wants to use it as a serious platform. I actually think New Economy Movement suffices, until someone thinks of better. To be honest though, i don't think it's open for change. I genuinely don't see anything wrong with New Economy Movement.
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
Guys, I know you would hate me for this but I can't hold suggesting it:

I would like to change the name of NEM to NIM

New Internet Movement rather than New Economy Movement.

It would make more sense to expand and reach more average non-technical users with the name NIM rather than NEM.

In fact I don't see NEM as an economy at all as much as I see it as a new internet platform that is much more secure than any other platform available today in terms of social network, dns, messaging, trading, .....

It doesn't have to stand for anything past NEM, once we make it a brand, it doesn't even matter what the NEM acronym stands for. I do agree "New Economy Movement" isn't the best. How about New Era Money, Nifty Electronic Money. If there is anything wrong with NEM, I'd say it's the N, if we want to be around for awhile, we probably shouldn't be called New anything.

I think HTC's ad campaign was pretty popular when it was around.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/brandindex/2013/08/28/htc-what-does-it-stand-for-campaign-closes-perception-gap/

+1 for New Era Money! I think that's a lot slicker than New Economy Movement.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
news.nemcoin.com looks really promising !
Good job TauMon !

I could see that greyish-blue being part of our branding. It's really pleasing to the eye imho.

+1000 looks really good  Smiley
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Our designer for NCC has gone with a green/orange look. It is what is used in the investor's handout: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nem-investors-handout-and-updatesnem-closed-alpha-has-begun-640772
looking sweet! Smiley very professional! well done to the designer(taumon i think isnt it?)!

Designer for NCC is LoiTran.
Activity: 392
It's like third topic on this one. It's really confusing.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Seems like the thread has returned to sanity on the last three pages.

great!
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Seems like the thread has returned to sanity on the last three pages.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Good job TauMon !

I could see that greyish-blue being part of our branding. It's really pleasing to the eye imho.

I think you have the wrong guy, it's made by crackerhead, right?

Great work crackerhead, though I would still change the colors a bit.  Grin

I agree that the color needs a bit of changing. I would go for a whitish/grey plain background. Need to establish some working parameters, i.e., need to agree on the logo and then go for a color scheme that blends in well with the color of the logo.

Our designer for NCC has gone with a green/orange look. It is what is used in the investor's handout: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nem-investors-handout-and-updatesnem-closed-alpha-has-begun-640772

Yeah it'd be cool to try the orange-green theme on the news page. I'd be interested to see how that looks.
Well done,crackerhead, well done!and no doubt, you have to try green/orange Wink
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
My Head is a Ritz
Good job TauMon !

I agree that the color needs a bit of changing. I would go for a whitish/grey plain background. Need to establish some working parameters, i.e., need to agree on the logo and then go for a color scheme that blends in well with the color of the logo.

Yeah it'd be cool to try the orange-green theme on the news page. I'd be interested to see how that looks.

I think green represents the eco-friendly ideals of the new economy we are trying to build and orange represents something new and high-tech.

I will give that color scheme a try, not tonight though, I'm way to tired to make those kind of decisions right now.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
I am not Dorian Nakamoto.
Good job TauMon !

I think green represents the eco-friendly ideals of the new economy we are trying to build and orange represents something new and high-tech.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Good job TauMon !

legendary
Activity: 1596
I am not Dorian Nakamoto.
Good job TauMon !

legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016
Good job TauMon !

Activity: 252
Merit: 251
My Head is a Ritz
Good job TauMon !

Yep it's me, thanks guys!
Working on a few more things. I agree the theme could be lightened up a bit.
Activity: 854
https://iota.org/
perhaps have main thread moderated and another not moderated like nfd

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-nfdv2-nfd-coin-thread-locked-603932

"un moderated criticism thread"

Yes, I saw as well NFD thread - this really good decision to have 1 "un moderated criticism thread" for shitguys and official thread where we will discuss news of development and so on.
Lovely idea

We'll have another thread as soon as it's needed.

Things seem fine now.
I hope, I hope...
Pages:
Jump to: