Author

Topic: [NemosMiner] multi algo profit switching NVIDIA/CPU miner - page 112. (Read 289447 times)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
Zpool had major issues a few weeks ago, thats when I jumped ship and realized ahashpool has better $$/MH,GH for same algos
Does ahashpool also do payouts in non BTC eg LTC? Their payout threshold of 0.008 is too high for me as a small miner.

Only BTC.

I know HR is paying in other coins, but don't think LTC is an option there...
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Zpool had major issues a few weeks ago, thats when I jumped ship and realized ahashpool has better $$/MH,GH for same algos
Does ahashpool also do payouts in non BTC eg LTC? Their payout threshold of 0.008 is too high for me as a small miner.
Different intensities for each card as what I have read here. They are on separate folders btw so stats folder are pretty much separate as well but not sure why this is happening. What are your thoughts? Should I just go and run them at the same time? Is it more profitable? Haven't tried that yet.

Not sure. I guess minerx can answer that question best.
Activity: 7
today:

here is a Single G1 Gaming 1070 @ 65%tdp (120watt) +75core  +505mem   running ahashpool24hr.bat    on Nemosminer-v2.3c-beta

https://imgur.com/a/szdeb

Regards
Nemo

Curious, my single EVGA 1070 @ 100%tdp (150watt) +100core +300mem  running ahashpool24hr.bat    on Nemosminer-v2.3c-beta

has 10-20% better hashrate on several main algos than your lower tdp method... unless you're battling against temps I can't see why you'd intentionally castrate your hashrate that way with the return being so high right now.

https://ibb.co/nFOOuw

Thank you for all you do with nemosminer! After the nicehashpocolypse I thought I was about done mining but with your miner everything's better than ever. I'm happy to leave the donate timer on, this mining is literally my job right now. Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 256
NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
So I think that - like you assumed - zpool must have added a request limit per IP.
I don't know what the time limit is, but if we can't get the pool status, that pretty much negate the point of having a multialgo switching miner.

I guess we'll have to forget about zpool for the time being.  Undecided

@Tinouti, I'm not ready to forget zpool. I think I've seen a post somewhere of someone with the same issue on another pool.
Also seen you post on zpool trade with no answer yet.

@Nemo, thanks for looking into it. I'm sure you let us know if you found a way to solve this.

For now, I'm taking the matter in my own hands. I done a small program to centralize the calls of my rigs to the pool status and do some cache for a configured time. I installed it on one rig and point the other rig to the this kind of proxy.
for this to work I need to alter zpool24hr.ps1 to use this proxy. not very elegant but will do for this proof of concept.

we will never be forgetting zpool that is where NemosMiner started
Activity: 10
So I think that - like you assumed - zpool must have added a request limit per IP.
I don't know what the time limit is, but if we can't get the pool status, that pretty much negate the point of having a multialgo switching miner.

I guess we'll have to forget about zpool for the time being.  Undecided

@Tinouti, I'm not ready to forget zpool. I think I've seen a post somewhere of someone with the same issue on another pool.
Also seen you post on zpool trade with no answer yet.

@Nemo, thanks for looking into it. I'm sure you let us know if you found a way to solve this.

For now, I'm taking the matter in my own hands. I done a small program to centralize the calls of my rigs to the pool status and do some cache for a configured time. I installed it on one rig and point the other rig to the this kind of proxy.
for this to work I need to alter zpool24hr.ps1 to use this proxy. not very elegant but will do for this proof of concept.
Activity: 36
Hi guys,

So I've decided to just put in my available evga 960 lying around. The problem is, whenever I run the two batch files at the same time, one for my 1070, the hashrates go haywire which would mean my 960's hashrate would be more than what was benchmark when I originally ran it.  My 1070 gets affected as well and keeps switching due to the issue. Here's a screenshot of the 960 with a few algos activated.

Why would you run 2 batch files at thesame time?

Different intensities for each card as what I have read here. They are on separate folders btw so stats folder are pretty much separate as well but not sure why this is happening. What are your thoughts? Should I just go and run them at the same time? Is it more profitable? Haven't tried that yet.
Activity: 18
i have a lot of downtime with x17 and intensity 19, 20, 21 currently adjusted it to 17 (  ccminerAlexis78 )

im running 2x 1070ti strix a
@ 60% power +150 Core +600 Mem

anybody knows the reason for the miner to crash or not even get started`?

while mining phi ( CcminerTpruvotcuda9  ) it wont validate on my cpu ( this might be pool related? )
this occurs after reaching the peak hashrate

The Driver Versions differ from the 0 or 1 GPU
0 runs 388.71 WHQL [r388_43-17]
1 runs 388.71 WHQL [r388_43]
Both P2 State

i hope these are not stupid questions

Try 80% power/+100 core/+500 mem

thanks, i tried 80/100/500 it got a little bit more stable! i need the 110w max so i reduced the oc overall 60/10/500

some algos will let my cards make some weird noises expecially X17
neoscrypt will close itself after couple minutes regardless of the settings..

should i try to adjust intensity settings or get the latest specific miner for the problem algos or just disable it for now ?

what would you recommend

back off intensity until you can run your cards at 120 watts

The intensity settings must differ a lot between algos
X17 (-> 19 to 20) common for regular powered cards.. if you add for example intensity 15 to some algos manually your card will run with 2000mhz and sounds like a person in a roller coaster while performing.

It was very scary Smiley

Thanks for the great job already done!
Cool method to select a Backupool!

any thoughts on a lightweight intensity for neoscrypt?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

2) AHashPool will give you more profit than Zpool and other pools (lower fees, higher results)

However this may be true (and it is), ahashpool is prone to failing at times (x17 debacle few weeks ago, pool crashing due to more miners few nights ago)... They really need to amp their shit up to the growing game. So, just as a precaution i have zpool activated as well. If the ahash goes down again and i am not paying attention for whatever reason, at least i am hashing on zpool until ahash comes back to its senses.

Hi guys,

So I've decided to just put in my available evga 960 lying around. The problem is, whenever I run the two batch files at the same time, one for my 1070, the hashrates go haywire which would mean my 960's hashrate would be more than what was benchmark when I originally ran it.  My 1070 gets affected as well and keeps switching due to the issue. Here's a screenshot of the 960 with a few algos activated.

Why would you run 2 batch files at thesame time?
Activity: 36
Hi guys,

So I've decided to just put in my available evga 960 lying around. The problem is, whenever I run the two batch files at the same time, one for my 1070, the hashrates go haywire which would mean my 960's hashrate would be more than what was benchmark when I originally ran it.  My 1070 gets affected as well and keeps switching due to the issue. Here's a screenshot of the 960 with a few algos activated.

https://i.imgur.com/jjAqjMm.jpg

(x17 debacle few weeks ago, pool crashing due to more miners few nights ago)..

Been mining there for months in a row, never had one problem.

They had one payout with low fee, but it got through after a few days.

I didn't even notice the x17 debacle since I use Nemos and it wasn't the best algo for me during those days.

Not sure which pool crashed: Did not notice a thing.. Earnings have never been better for me (and I check every x hours). Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 14
How much can 1070 can earn for a day in the past few days?

My friend has a single 1070 on ahashpool, I just looked at his chart and in the last 24 hours he made .0003 BTC or $4.95 at the current value.

Pretty much the same here, I have a single 1070 in a eGPU (so I might lose a tiny bit of power along the way), and in December I had an average of 0.0003571 BTC/day.

My current January average took a hit with today's zpool Blakecoin fork, I'm only at 0.00031753 BTC/day.
This is really a great income for a miner with a single 1070 in a eGPU. I'm also exploring with the 1050ti GPU but the earnings are lower. I'm looking to buy some more 1070 GPUs to get more bitcoin because it's very valuable, the income from this is perfectly worth it.
NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3

My friend has a single 1070 on ahashpool, I just looked at his chart and in the last 24 hours he made .0003 BTC or $4.95 at the current value.

Pretty much the same here, I have a single 1070 in a eGPU (so I might lose a tiny bit of power along the way), and in December I had an average of 0.0003571 BTC/day.

My current January average took a hit with today's zpool Blakecoin fork, I'm only at 0.00031753 BTC/day.

today:

here is a Single G1 Gaming 1070 @ 65%tdp (120watt) +75core  +505mem   running ahashpool24hr.bat    on Nemosminer-v2.3c-beta

Regards
Nemo
NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
Hi Nemo, isn’t there a possibility / plan to have a backup or failover pool if main pool is down? This would be great

yes i will be adding a new start.bat to 2.3.1 which will mine on all pools at once so if one goes down it will just skip to next profitable pool

if you would like to try it edit the start.bat find -poolname zpool change it to -poolname zpool,ahashpool

Regards
Nemo
That’s great. Will it still prefer Zpool unless it goes down? Would prefer to avoid earnings spread across two pools

it won't prefer either it will mine what ever is the most profitable at that given time..

Regards
Nemo
Activity: 10

Activity: 24
Hi Nemo, isn’t there a possibility / plan to have a backup or failover pool if main pool is down? This would be great

yes i will be adding a new start.bat to 2.3.1 which will mine on all pools at once so if one goes down it will just skip to next profitable pool

if you would like to try it edit the start.bat find -poolname zpool change it to -poolname zpool,ahashpool

Regards
Nemo
That’s great. Will it still prefer Zpool unless it goes down? Would prefer to avoid earnings spread across two pools
Activity: 312
Merit: 104

2) AHashPool will give you more profit than Zpool and other pools (lower fees, higher results)

However this may be true (and it is), ahashpool is prone to failing at times (x17 debacle few weeks ago, pool crashing due to more miners few nights ago)... They really need to amp their shit up to the growing game. So, just as a precaution i have zpool activated as well. If the ahash goes down again and i am not paying attention for whatever reason, at least i am hashing on zpool until ahash comes back to its senses.
NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
Very interesting...I've read mix reviews about the 24hr setup but have yet to try it.  I'll give it a go.    I'm assuming it would switch much less because there's much less variation over 24hrs vs current...

I had a feeling there was something a little off the other day and then I read of someone saying they thought there was a profit fall off going from 2.2 to 2.3c...so I was thinking about going back, but you seem to be doing well...in the words of Borat;  "Very nice!"

yes the 24hr.bats switch much less as you say... (much less variation over 24hr period)

Best
Regards
Nemo
NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
Hi Nemo it seems to me that time of ran miners wrong?
and hsr palgin miner returns wrong result for neoscrypt  writes 909,72 MH/s real  9.09 MH/s

thanks : https://github.com/nemosminer/NemosMiner-v2.3/issues/150
Jump to: