Pages:
Author

Topic: Network sent datas - page 2. (Read 1979 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
January 06, 2017, 12:03:28 PM

So when you transfer money from one address to another, only that information is being used?

When a person transfers BTC, what information is transferred on the network. Someone who listens to the network can access what data.

Every transaction relays the following information:
  • A 4 byte version number
  • A variable length (1 to 9 bytes) integer indicating the number of transaction inputs
  • The list of inputs
  • A variable length (1 to 9 bytes) integer indicating the number of transaction outputs
  • The list of outputs
  • A 4 byte lock_time

Does my real curiosity really provide anonymity? For example, when I send this message, the data transfer between me and the server is certain. If you do not hide your IP address, this message can be detected very conveniently from my computer. (https://browserleaks.com/)

When transferring money from Bitcoin wallets, is there any information transfer about my computer? Can they find out who owns the transfer address?

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
January 04, 2017, 11:25:53 AM
When a person transfers BTC, what information is transferred on the network. Someone who listens to the network can access what data.

Every transaction relays the following information:
  • A 4 byte version number
  • A variable length (1 to 9 bytes) integer indicating the number of transaction inputs
  • The list of inputs
  • A variable length (1 to 9 bytes) integer indicating the number of transaction outputs
  • The list of outputs
  • A 4 byte lock_time

Each input in the list of inputs contains the following information:
  • A 32 byte (SHA256) hash of the transaction that contains the output being spent as an input
  • A 4 byte index indicating which output is being spent from that transaction
  • A variable length (1 to 9 bytes) integer indicating the length (in bytes) of the scriptSig
  • The scriptSig (the proof that you are authorized to spend the output in this input)
  • A 4 byte sequence number

Each output in the list of output contains the following information:
  • An 8 byte non-negative integer giving the number of Satoshis to be transfered
  • A variable length (1 to 9 bytes) integer indicating the length (in bytes) of the scriptPubKey
  • The scriptPubKey (a script that describes the proof that MUST later provide in an input if you intend to spend this output)

I'm curious about security.

What security concerns are you curious about?  Perhaps we can explain better if you describe your concerns.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 04, 2017, 06:01:02 AM
Bitcoin transactions are transferred through a hex string that contains the transaction information. The hex string is signed with the private key of the address that has the coin.

It is not possible for people to steal Bitcoins through MITM attack. The raw transaction does not contain any sensitive information that would allow one to steal your Bitcoins.

However, you can be tricked into accepting a payment when it the payment isn't on the actual network. The attacker can isolate you from the Bitcoin network and use Bitcoin on their fork. With this, they can trick you into thinking that you have received payments.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
January 04, 2017, 05:14:10 AM
Hi,

When a person transfers BTC, what information is transferred on the network. Someone who listens to the network can access what data. I'm curious about security.
Pages:
Jump to: