Pages:
Author

Topic: NEVER EVER deal Bitcoins with PAYPAL (F&F too!) - page 2. (Read 1118 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 253
l0tt0.com
I sold my Bitcoins through Paypal Friends and Family payment thinking it would be "safe".
I was TOTALLY wrong.
The scammer issued a chargeback claiming it as "unauthorized purchase".
I sent all the chat logs and the screenshot of the Paypal payment from the buyer and the receipt from Paxful including PGP signature, but I doubt if I will ever win.
Feels so sad that this BS has happened in the end of the year.
I'm stuck between either paying the chargeback or closing my bank account and debit card, never using Paypal again.
you are unlucky.  I also used to trade with Paypal and everything was pretty awesome.  but sometimes the system will have problems and you need to wait a long time to fix it.  these are quite unfortunate and next time you should trade in Huobi OTC.  It's very legit and I trade a lot there, fee is quite low.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
Always exchange with trusted members and if you are desperate need of exchange , there are few genuine exchange from where you can exchange btc to PayPal. There is a simple rule in crypto space that do not trust anybody unless you have connections with them and do not use e-wallets which can reverse transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR
I have done tons of Paypal trades on here for cryptocurrencies and I have never once had a problem. The best thing to do is look at someones feedback when you're trading with them. If they have done a lot of trades and there's no warning about their e-mail recently changing or anything under their profile, it's probably safe to trade with them. Mainly, stay away from newbie accounts who have never done a trade before. Those are the people who are more likely to scam you. They have no reputation on this forum to lose.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
Shit like this happens bro. I am sorry to hear this but you will have to move on learning from your mistakes.
It's good that you are trying to get your money back and I wish you really do but the chances are too slim.
Paypal should never be used to make crypto payments because we can reverse the transaction in Paypal which is why it is suggested not to use Paypal.
You should have done your research well before making such a transaction.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 503
I once made a transaction with my friend from bitcoin to paypal, luckily there was no problem, my friend did not make a chargeback claim.
You might get a wrong friend. next time, if you want to do a transaction try asking for help from people in this forum who already have a high level of trust. or look for an exchanger site that supports bitcoin to paypal, even though it's hard to find. keep careful especially those who deal with paypal, very risky and troublesome.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
You should know the fact that using fiat as payment in any bank accounts or even in the payment fiat processor like Paypal is very risky. Because fiat is reversible transaction and chargeback may occur after several days. Because a buyer can file a chargeback within 120 days after the transactions have been placed. But OP has a few days to answer the chargebacks and defend his self, I think 10 days or short term 1 week. Because chargebacks were eventually resolved after 75 days by PayPal staff. Nevertheless, you can use this forum for the exchange trade PayPal to bitcoin. I saw in currency exchange section.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
Paypal is a unethical organization that looks like a legit business. It is simple as that, no company in the whole world could get away with you not getting paid while actually using their payment processor. Think about bitcoin that way and how horrible that sounds, you give someone fiat on paypal, they give you bitcoins, then they make a chargeback and both end up with your fiat and their bitcoins back and on top of that you are charged with a fee for it. You would hate bitcoin if that was the case right?

Well, paypal is doing exactly that and they are not getting any punishment for it. Paypal WAS a good payment processor back in the day, not anymore. People realized how damaged their system is and moving away from it, it is the system of 2000-2013ish years, and have been going down every single year since those days.

I have heard so much complaints that were unresolved, so I never trust paypal too, besides that their fee is too high which was not really right compare to the big exchanges, so I never used it as I checked their reviews first before having it, but I doubted it, also asked my friends feedback and they were all unsatisfied with paypal.
Nowadays there are more people who want to take advantage from weakeness system from a site, and maybe a lot of people already know maybe Paypal sometime really on buyer's side, maybe right it is buyer protection but that system really can be used by bad people to do something like what OP tell to us.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

Worse thing to experience while year end. This is why I turn down an employer who will try to hire me outside of the upwork so he can pay me thru paypal.  I wouldn't take the risk and will just accept upwork taking the 10% than being scammed by someone with bought upwork account. There are trusted users who buy paypal $ with BTC, its them that you should trade.

Activity: 714
Merit: 254
Paypal is a unethical organization that looks like a legit business. It is simple as that, no company in the whole world could get away with you not getting paid while actually using their payment processor. Think about bitcoin that way and how horrible that sounds, you give someone fiat on paypal, they give you bitcoins, then they make a chargeback and both end up with your fiat and their bitcoins back and on top of that you are charged with a fee for it. You would hate bitcoin if that was the case right?

Well, paypal is doing exactly that and they are not getting any punishment for it. Paypal WAS a good payment processor back in the day, not anymore. People realized how damaged their system is and moving away from it, it is the system of 2000-2013ish years, and have been going down every single year since those days.

I have heard so much complaints that were unresolved, so I never trust paypal too, besides that their fee is too high which was not really right compare to the big exchanges, so I never used it as I checked their reviews first before having it, but I doubted it, also asked my friends feedback and they were all unsatisfied with paypal.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Activity: 412
Merit: 101
I never use paypal to buy or sell cryptocurrencies, the dispute feature is a loophole that crooks can take advantage of. Using OTC on exchanges is much more convenient and secure.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 264
I sold my Bitcoins through Paypal Friends and Family payment thinking it would be "safe".
I was TOTALLY wrong.
I sent all the chat logs and the screenshot of the Paypal payment from the buyer and the receipt from Paxful including PGP signature, but I doubt if I will ever win.
I'm stuck between either paying the chargeback or closing my bank account and debit card, never using Paypal again.
I got my Paypal account limited after selling Bitcoin because the buyer requested a dispute. I tried to send all proofs but the buyer won and i lost my money.
This really a scam to me and Paypal does have this kind of rule if they make a dispute and provide the details if they like have unauthorize transaction that doesn't make any sense if the receiver will lost their money since you've transact a crypto.

And you've your lesson and avoid this transaction in the future because sending a crypto information and providing details is not enough to be valid.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 508
I was TOTALLY wrong.
I got my Paypal account limited after selling Bitcoin because the buyer requested a dispute. I tried to send all proofs but the buyer won and i lost my money.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
A good reminder for anyone who is dealing the same thing. Yes, with Paypal.
They won't be liable with those losses and they wont care even if you put a ticket a million times over.

Now, this had been already a thing before and that is why they don't prefer this kind of method anymore.
I mean, what are exchange for nowadays? Ain't it the same and you are dealing with the exchange and not directly with a human being.

One of the excellent payment transaction today is the PayPal this application is a wallet that converted those transferred money depends on the country you are. Many people use this because it's connect connected to bank accounts; that's why many use this to buy things online. To make a transaction with the use of this medium, it depends on both party who is the one who sends the payment first, after sending the verification of the other party for having proof of payment then the other party will do their part too. By this kind of way of the transaction and the use of technology, it is easy now to manipulate the things we see through online, and there are a lot of scammers now doing this kind of activity. To make sure the transaction, it is better to have a meet up with a witness to avoid scam or get a middle man that handles the trade to make it sure.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
A good reminder for anyone who is dealing the same thing. Yes, with Paypal.
They won't be liable with those losses and they wont care even if you put a ticket a million times over.

Now, this had been already a thing before and that is why they don't prefer this kind of method anymore.
I mean, what are exchange for nowadays? Ain't it the same and you are dealing with the exchange and not directly with a human being.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
This has been an issue since bitcoin/ cryptocurrency started.
Chargebacks are not possible in crypto currencies so what is the issue here is using centralized services which restricted the crypto transaction and trusting the person with no real experience in this field.

Never deal with persons who never know in cryptos or even in fiat,chances of scam and getting traced that scammer is highly not possible.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033
This is the reason why before making any transactions and I mean "anything" as long as it is online, verify the background of who you are dealing with. What happened to you is not only for Paypal, it goes with everything with online. You trusted that person because you think Paypal is safe, you should have searched if its reversible. Anything is possible nowadays with social engineering. Who knows if that person who screwed you is also here in this thread giving you an advise.

But do not rule out the possibility even though we verify who is dealing with us, it will be safe because scammers will always find a gap to scam, sometimes they are smarter. The right solution is to always use a service that is able to make our transactions safe and smooth, essentially a win-win solution. For example escrow, if it's paypal then don't use Paypal Friends and Familiy, or use another system that doesn't harm both of them in the future.
copper member
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
This has been an issue since bitcoin/ cryptocurrency started.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
This is the reason why before making any transactions and I mean "anything" as long as it is online, verify the background of who you are dealing with. What happened to you is not only for Paypal, it goes with everything with online. You trusted that person because you think Paypal is safe, you should have searched if its reversible. Anything is possible nowadays with social engineering. Who knows if that person who screwed you is also here in this thread giving you an advise.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
I was TOTALLY wrong.

Make sure you are using a midman or an escrow if you want to trade bitcoin or other cryptocurrency without using exchanges, the fee of an escrow is not much, fewer than exchanges fee and withdrawal fee. So, it's dangerous if you trade bitcoin or any other currency without an exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: