Pages:
Author

Topic: NEVER EVER deal Bitcoins with PAYPAL (F&F too!) - page 3. (Read 1118 times)

Activity: 2828
Merit: 344
win lambo...
I sold my Bitcoins through Paypal Friends and Family payment thinking it would be "safe".
I was TOTALLY wrong.
The scammer issued a chargeback claiming it as "unauthorized purchase".
I sent all the chat logs and the screenshot of the Paypal payment from the buyer and the receipt from Paxful including PGP signature, but I doubt if I will ever win.
Feels so sad that this BS has happened in the end of the year.
I'm stuck between either paying the chargeback or closing my bank account and debit card, never using Paypal again.
It is sorry to hear that. I can't sleep that buddy for a few days.
I'd used PayPal to convert my Bitcoins and it runs smoothly. Maybe at your part, you'll be having a deal to someone you'd never know and totally a scammer. But that is the only and the last time I'd used PayPal, and I'd never used it again. But hearing this one, I found it more careful for the next deal with.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
How long can they charge back for?  I recall it was a set amount.  Also do you know the person's real name who bought btc from you for paypal?  So that paypal is 100% theirs?  Or could it be their paypal was hacked?
Activity: 211
Merit: 55
Since paypal treats Bitcoin as virtual good you won't get the chargeback he requested cancelled. Meaning you won't get your money back.
This scam is going on since paypal was launched and you should understand that this service is basically useless.
I don't even understand why people keep trusting it. I don't even trust my bank and I would trust paypal instead?
Anyway the response you will probably get is that they don't accept disputes over chargeback for the sale of virtual goods.
Unless something changed since the last time I used them, five years ago.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
Should've gone here first before you made the transaction.
There are a lot of users that uses the method but they are all trusted ones.
As long as you have the money, there are different ways to buy bitcoin.

This should be a lesson learned not just for him but for all of us in the crypto industry.

It will be a lesson to to be learn for all of us especially to him, yes you are right he should ask here for other persons to guide him or he should ask his crypto friends if they think that it is safe to transact with those kind of persons. So far, thanks for sharing here as many becomes aware with this kind of modus.
Thing here is that there are people who are really shy nor lazy enough to make out verifications or do ask question regarding into their planned transaction which do result into loss of money yet they do
able to commit mistake on dealing with the wrong person.

It doesnt really require too much time on asking out someone or the community yet this will save up your a** on losing your precious bitcoins and yes there were lots of
methods on buying though and always put up on mind on should dealing with legit people and highly trusted.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

This should be a lesson learned not just for him but for all of us in the crypto industry.

It will be a lesson to to be learn for all of us especially to him, yes you are right he should ask here for other persons to guide him or he should ask his crypto friends if they think that it is safe to transact with those kind of persons. So far, thanks for sharing here as many becomes aware with this kind of modus.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
I sold my Bitcoins through Paypal Friends and Family payment thinking it would be "safe".
I was TOTALLY wrong.
I sent all the chat logs and the screenshot of the Paypal payment from the buyer and the receipt from Paxful including PGP signature, but I doubt if I will ever win.
I'm stuck between either paying the chargeback or closing my bank account and debit card, never using Paypal again.
That’s why it’s good to check people’s ratings before making a deal with them or you will end up falling for scammers. And PayPal, I don’t recommend that, people can do business with you and then report you as a scam to PayPal just like this guy did to you. Ever since I started making use of Bitcoin I usually do bank transfers.

Once I send the money I request that they make payment to my bank account, though I have been trading with someone who is a close friend. Most times these scammers can easily be identified, but some of us don’t even pay attention to those details.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
Sorry for your loss mate, you should have transacted to someone who are trusted here in the forum.

In this board, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0.. you can see some people who are have trust from DT or even DT are trading their bitcoin to paypal and vice versa and there was a warning from Theymos regarding paypal reversal transaction.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
I haven't done it yet with paypal. I think paypal and bitcoin should have agreement regarding payments in order to avoid this kind of mistakes. The friend that you've trusted must also know what happen. You must also confront your friend regarding it to help solve the issue.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1084
zknodes.org
In the case of BTC trading to Paypal you have to make transactions to those who have high trust, in this forum many people have high trust, so if you make a transaction to people who have high trust your funds will be safe. I often do this kind of transaction and everything runs smoothly. and I will not make transactions to those who do not have trust or with a newbie account.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I was TOTALLY wrong.
If you have biggest transaction in daily day never use PayPal as your payment currency, many time PayPal team support always make our account limited where we can't sent balance and withdraw to bank, I faced last year when active investing with several online investment project support deposit using PayPal I faced trouble always when to purchase payment because I failed for sending my PayPal balance.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I’ve heard this scam before. The sad thing is that apparently PayPal doesn’t understand Bitcoin enough to know that they are scamming us so they are on the side of the scammer. Just don’t do it because it’s too risky and there’s nothing you can do if they scam you.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
If paypal was perfect, we wouldn't need bitcoin to start with. Many many many business' have worked with paypal has complained about how shady their business practices are and how unfair they treat the sellers which is why most of them even stopped using paypal.

Right now, paypal doesn't even worth as much as it used to worth and if it was something huge and people loved it and they were perfect, you can be assured that a company that is bigger like google or apple or whatever (even facebook) would have purchased them long ago for billions to make sure they control the online payment world as well but paypal sucks so there is nothing that can include all the world in the payment systems, hell there are NATIONS banning paypal now, they are THAT bad and I am 99% sure they will be bankrupt and gone in couple years.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033
I don't really know how charge back at PayPal works...Just tried to understand it by going through their website., not so clear to me.
You probably broke the site's terms and conditions and a dispute was launched against you by the buyer?
Well, I guess you should try your best to see if this resolved satisfactorily... You shouldn't give up yet.

I had a chargeback on something I sold on Ebay and it took me several months to get it settled. What they did was call up their credit card company and say they didn't issue that charge. Some people have gotten really smart about it and wait for the 120 days to pass and USPS takes the tracking information out of their system at that point. But, you can still chargeback on Paypal up to 180 days. So, there was no longer any proof of delivery since USPS deleted the information out of the system and I was no longer eligible for seller protection. Literally took me about 3 months to get that sorted out.

I have also experienced something like that, where when I sell something using a certain merchant suddenly after a few days, my customer plays cheat, he makes a chargeback so I have to resolve this case for months.

Seen from many cases, I think the paypal system is too flawed to become a financial service. Even my friend feels cheated by cheating customers. The solution is to use Escrow or transfer directly without the merchant.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I never convert bitcoin with PayPal without know clearly about seller and trusted person because PayPal have authorized way where many payment sending can get back before six month later after deal for transaction, how much you received payment from PayPal convert from your bitcoin can dispute by seller sent PayPal, you must looking for very trusted seller with your PayPal account.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I used to use paypal before, but I gave up after the first use. Because I was scammed after successfully selling my order and getting paid. The buyer tried to mark the transaction and said he had not received the goods, as a result of which I was debited to the account and he received the money back with my goods. Honestly, I don't like the way paypal works and I believe that many victims will be like me
Activity: 826
Merit: 252
Paypal has different opinion about bitcoin and so far they reject all transaction that include bitcoin, same like my bad experience with PTC ( Paid to Click ). Other problem is about speed transactions, several times Paypal get long delay and users get frustrated about it. This is only about choose the method for transaction and have bad experience. Paypal really not recommended for PTC, bitcoin and gambling sites. Choose another option for your crypto activity, just let it go and good luck for next transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR
I don't really know how charge back at PayPal works...Just tried to understand it by going through their website., not so clear to me.
You probably broke the site's terms and conditions and a dispute was launched against you by the buyer?
Well, I guess you should try your best to see if this resolved satisfactorily... You shouldn't give up yet.

I had a chargeback on something I sold on Ebay and it took me several months to get it settled. What they did was call up their credit card company and say they didn't issue that charge. Some people have gotten really smart about it and wait for the 120 days to pass and USPS takes the tracking information out of their system at that point. But, you can still chargeback on Paypal up to 180 days. So, there was no longer any proof of delivery since USPS deleted the information out of the system and I was no longer eligible for seller protection. Literally took me about 3 months to get that sorted out.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
That is why I don't even use paypal for buying bitcoins based also of the testaments of other users, too. I have read same scenario like
this last year.

Better to use local exchange in transacting bitcoin. Buying in local exchange is better.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
I was TOTALLY wrong.
Sorry for you loss pal and this is indeed a lesson learn for you.Only deal up with people who do have good reputation specially you do agree with Paypal terms
which chargebacks is common thats why its been commonly used by scammers due for this reason.You arent the only one who do experience such situation
but lots of people specially if they arent aware on how Paypal do works.
Pages:
Jump to: