Pages:
Author

Topic: New 1070's, Need Mining Advice - page 2. (Read 1909 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
July 20, 2017, 01:04:49 AM
You want optimal hash power ,clean sometimes gpu from dust.
Activity: 236
Merit: 101
July 20, 2017, 12:50:46 AM
you wrote exactly my feelings. soon i will start mining too. first you have to decide that. mine for daily profit or mine for long torm(hold)?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
July 20, 2017, 12:29:22 AM
Dummies Guide to Mining w/windows/nividia gpu

For this recipe you need only:
1 bittrex account.  1 download.  1 mining site
you can mine up to 32 different coins by changing a few parameters

-set up bittrex account
-download ccminer 2.0
( https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases )
- go to yiimp.ccminer.org

-in this case we'll mine VTC which uses the lyra2v2 algo
- open ccmminer.  you will see a file that says:   RUN-VTC-yiimp
right click
>click edit
now it will open up in notepad and the text will look like this: (emphasis added)

ccminer-x64 -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4533 -u VujRht7M8G68wZJo3z11dN837JKJtWGsqv -p c=VTC,stats

The main variables for any set up on the same pool are going to be the algo, port, wallet, coin

- open the yiimp.ccminer.org webpage and look for VTC in the chart on right.  there you will see the algo used, Port # and the abbreviated coin name

-place the names from the site into the respective areas in your open notepad replacing the text for algo/port#/coin
    take the wallet addrress from bittrex and replace notepad text
-the different letters (-a,-o,-u,-p,-c) stand for algo, stratum,username,password, coin.  You can ignore -p.  You will need to add -c= if its not there.  If you see other additional modifiers in an algo you are opening just leave them there and add your coin name (-c=) after the -p

-Now click 'save as'                  
-File Name:  "RUN-VTC"
-File Type:   ( erase where it says *txt  and type)   .bat
-let it close, go back to the folder and click the new RUN-VTC.bat file and you'll be mining

To change coins swap out the algo, port,name, and wallet
add modifiers from the readme as you learn if needed but the basic set up will get you going
- when you're ready to mine just click the .bat file

If it does not run try adding start above the body of text on the bat file.
START

Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
July 19, 2017, 10:44:37 PM
You could use the Nicehash miner, it's currently the one I'm using too, it's the easiest to setup.
You will be mining Altcoins and they will be automatically be changed into Bitcoin, you'll never get your hands on the Altcoin you are mining.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nicehash-miner-easy-to-use-best-profit-multi-device-cryptocurrency-miner-1274983 This is their thread.
Or you could try getting an claymore miner for Ethereum and some other altcoin, but they are harder to setup.
Check this thread for the Claymore miner :
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-dual-ethereum-amdnvidia-gpu-miner-v150-windowslinux-1433925
Activity: 868
Merit: 101
July 19, 2017, 10:36:30 PM
I would be interested in this as well, hopefully some one responds
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
July 19, 2017, 10:34:27 PM
Ok, so, sometime tomorrow, I've got a bridged pair of GTX 1070s coming.  I've been up to my eyeballs trying to keep all the details straight, registering here, there, and trying to find the most reliable information I can.

Still feeling my way around this place, so, if anyone would be so kind as to point me in the "For Dummies" section of how to get these up and running (Eth would be great, another coin, fine too, I need to push at least a small profit out though with these), so I am spending less time floundering in the dark, it would be appreciated Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: