Pages:
Author

Topic: New [ANN] [$XSEED] BitSeeds - Rainforest Foundation Charity - SHA256 PoW/PoS 10% - page 3. (Read 19505 times)

Activity: 558
Merit: 500
I very much like this project, and I'm sure I'm not alone to feel this way.

I'll make sure to stay updated on this thread, and I look forward to what this coin might bring.

Cheers!

Thanks for joining in!
Thanks for these updates, worth!  Still holding on to most of my XSEED and looking forward to more announcements...

Appreciate the long-time patience and support for the project, Delong!  I know Alex is juggling a lot right now but will update the thread once I have an update from him. Hopefully pretty soon.
Activity: 746
Also, a small housekeeping update:

When we relaunched earlier this year, we of course had to create a premine to be able to restore everyone's funds on the new chain. We were not 100% sure of the timing when we planned it out and so we mined extra funds to make sure we had enough, with the plan of burning the excess once we knew everything had gone smoothly.

There were 376432.26089348 more XSEED created than were needed, and the wallet they were held in unavoidably staked three times, bringing the total to 381751.95130442 XSEED before burning. 

We recently burned the funds and here are links to the proof of burn:

Here is the temporary address they were held in - http://45.55.193.231:3001/address/bS8L2Sa3rvkH17a4DehvbUo6omKQyeEbSd 
and they were sent to the burn address BitseedsBurnAddressXXXXXXXXXYUDoxE

Here is a link to the TXID of the burn - http://45.55.193.231:3001/tx/e6ccbae792487601165cb5704887ae241c8d7f85e51408f8011c0ca247b1e5f9

Thanks.

Sorry, as I am not familiar really here, what does this mean ?

I think this is not good, but I clearly miss something here to understand the consequence of this news.

Thanks for clarifying.

Also, I am a new holder of the coin.... is this a good time to download a wallet and start stacking?
Not sure about it with your info about relaunching and else ;-)

thanks for your clarifications!
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 6138
Meh.
I very much like this project, and I'm sure I'm not alone to feel this way.

I'll make sure to stay updated on this thread, and I look forward to what this coin might bring.

Cheers!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Thanks for these updates, worth!  Still holding on to most of my XSEED and looking forward to more announcements...
Also, a small housekeeping update:

When we relaunched earlier this year, we of course had to create a premine to be able to restore everyone's funds on the new chain. We were not 100% sure of the timing when we planned it out and so we mined extra funds to make sure we had enough, with the plan of burning the excess once we knew everything had gone smoothly.

There were 376432.26089348 more XSEED created than were needed, and the wallet they were held in unavoidably staked three times, bringing the total to 381751.95130442 XSEED before burning. 

We recently burned the funds and here are links to the proof of burn:

Here is the temporary address they were held in - http://45.55.193.231:3001/address/bS8L2Sa3rvkH17a4DehvbUo6omKQyeEbSd 
and they were sent to the burn address BitseedsBurnAddressXXXXXXXXXYUDoxE

Here is a link to the TXID of the burn - http://45.55.193.231:3001/tx/e6ccbae792487601165cb5704887ae241c8d7f85e51408f8011c0ca247b1e5f9

Thanks.
The sudden movement in the market over the weekend caught me a little off guard and a little before we were ready to post full details, but I want to post an update on things and let you know what I can at this point.

Right now, we are working with Alex Waters of Coin.co and Coinapex.com (the about pages on those sites have a little info on him, but google him if you're not familiar with him) who is helping create the payment processing system we'll be using to allow merchants to accept BitSeeds and gain their charitable tax benefit. We had hoped to have this ready in July, but Alex was dealing with some personal/family issues that understandably put him behind schedule, but is working on it and I'll update you on his progress when I'm able to.

Speaking of charities, since the BitSeeds Foundation and the Rainforest Foundation are registered charities, it seems that this makes BitSeeds unusual (I believe unique) in that it involves fewer regulatory compliance burdens compared to other cryptocurrencies. To my understanding, the cost of state-by-state compliance now adds literally $2-3 million in costs to the hurdles for a startup trying to get into the cryptocurrency space, but the nonprofit/charity aspect of how this project is set up allows startups like coin.co to avoid most of that cost compared to Bitcoin. This should make XSEED a very attractive blockchain for startups to work with due to lower cost of compliance.

Alex has offered to get more specifics from his lawyers, but when confirmed it should make BitSeeds the world's only "regulatory resistant" cryptocurrency!  Smiley

We are in the process of lining up merchants with some confirmed already, including ones in the cannabis industry thanks to Gabe's connections there (see below). I'd like to share a partial list of merchants, but Gabe has asked me not to post anything yet. However, I think I can share the following - I'm just going to quote Gabe directly here:

"I own a cannabis incubator and we've incubated multiple cannabis companies ranging from delivery services to distribution platforms for dispensaries. Green Labs has been written up in numerous publications [including] Forbes and Business Insider…"
(also in the New York Times, High Times, and others linked on their site at http://greenlabsdenver.com/ )

"We have access to over 300 dispensaries between Colorado and California. A lot of them, I think the majority of them, have issues accepting credit cards and anything other than cash. A few companies have come out to try to help them and give them financing in a sense – being able to accept credit cards – but that really hasn't panned out. Most of them have to bounce the money all around like through Puerto Rico and stuff like that. Digital currency would obviously fix that and make it much easier. "

Anyway, I'll post more details when I'm able. Thanks for everyone's support and patience in the meantime!
is there any instruction on how to stake these ? I have coins sitting in wallet, all synced up and unlocked, for several days not receivin any stake, anything else I need to do ?

Are you getting a green icon in the staking area like this?

If it shows that you're ready for staking but you just haven't received any yet, then you may just need to be patient. I took a larger wallet offline just a few minutes ago which should help - I've tested with larger and smaller wallets on the network and it's (as expected) definitely more frequent with a larger balance.   

You said you're unlocked, so it sounds like you're already familiar with staking and making sure an encrypted wallet is unlocked for it, but I'll post the links to the two tutorials covering this in case others can benefit:

BitSeeds 2.0 Staking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3PbtqUcuvQ

BitSeeds 2.0 Encrypting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6bLlb5Sqj4
Something wrong with the miners? Time Since Last Block   6 hours 1 minute 23 seconds

I took a look at the Maxminers pool stats page and see what you're talking about - I'm repeating what I said on Twitter, but will post it here so people see it:

The blocks are being found pretty steadily but there's a lot of hashing power that seems to be either a solo miner or a private pool I'm not aware of.

You just replied on Twitter as I was typing this pointing out the long run of blocks being minted with POS so I've taken my staking wallet offline and we have hash pointed at the pool again (our rented rig went offline last night mid-rental so we rented a new one) so we'll see if that balances things a little more.
Activity: 504
Smile if you're not wearing any underwear
is there any instruction on how to stake these ? I have coins sitting in wallet, all synced up and unlocked, for several days not receivin any stake, anything else I need to do ?
So $XSEED is suddenly up 500% on 10BTC volume out of nowhere... Is there any news, or is this just someone pumping an illiquid coin?

Also the hashrate skyrocket too from somewhere around 5TH/s to over 100 TH/s now... Someone must know something...

yes this coin has biggest gainer for now,,
anyone can tell me why ?

I was as surprised as anyone when I saw my notifications and checked the market yesterday. I knew this would happen at some point, but wasn't expecting it until after we'd gotten more press - seems like someone has quietly had their eyes on the project and others noticed.
Hi worth - Any more info about the stuff teased over the XSEED Twitter account?  It sounded like some really positive news is on the horizon...

Hey Guys, been a bit quiet in here lately, any updates on the marketing or where the project is at? I saw the bitseeds page on Rff website, thats very cool.

Agreed hoping to hear some news soon about partnerships

Sorry for the slow updates guys; I appreciate your patience. I'm going to post a couple of quick responses here, then update the OP with some info and then post more here.  I can't post a list of merchants yet unfortunately, but I do have some updates on what's going on which will appear shortly.

Something wrong with the miners? Time Since Last Block   6 hours 1 minute 23 seconds
Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
yes this coin has biggest gainer for now,,
anyone can tell me why ?
Also the hashrate skyrocket too from somewhere around 5TH/s to over 100 TH/s now... Someone must know something...
So $XSEED is suddenly up 500% on 10BTC volume out of nowhere... Is there any news, or is this just someone pumping an illiquid coin?
Anything to report?  Starting to look a little bleak and tumbleweedy here...
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Agreed hoping to hear some news soon about partnerships
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Thanks for all the recent updates, worth!  Glad to hear the relaunch has been pretty smooth thus far, and am looking forward to the marketing phase!

Marketing should begin soon - we're excited to see how things progress from here. Thanks again for your support of the project, Delong!

We have set up a pool for BitSeeds:

https://maxminers.net/xseed

Thanks! I just updated the OP with the info.  

Looks like we'll be hitting block 4035 today instead of tomorrow, so full block rewards are coming within a few hours.

Hey Guys, been a bit quiet in here latey, any updates on the marketing or where the project is at? I saw the bitseeds page on Rff website, thats very cool.
Pages:
Jump to: