Pages:
Author

Topic: New Charts for Technical Analysis - page 2. (Read 174 times)

Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
March 06, 2020, 10:23:12 AM
Seems interesting!
Would like to know this strategy works for you in the short term.
Use it for a month and update this post with your performance and % of gains in your investment.
If things work out well may be many of us will start using it for real.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
March 06, 2020, 09:25:54 AM
Interesting approach, thanks for the link, would be curious to see how your trading improves after the implementation of this indicator...

If for example there is a confluence of trading volume around the same price over multiple days, then this indicator can indeed be useful in identifying market appetite and patterned behavior on those levels...
copper member
Activity: 56
Merit: 3
March 06, 2020, 07:18:52 AM
Hello guys. I wanted to share something that I've created. After trading for a while using TA, i found that one of most important indicators is volume. While it took me a while to understand volume properly, I'd now say that I'm doing fairly well with using volume as a leading indicator for most of my trades and it has greatly improved my performance.

However, I wanted to see if there was an even better way to visualize volume. A way for us to easily see what was happening inside a one day candle without opening it up by hour or by minute. This is why I've decided to make a new kind of chart which uses dots to show the volume inside candlesticks.  

The bubbles inside the charts indicate the volume. The gradient of the dot shows the volume at a given price point. The darker the dot, the more the volume there was at that point. With these charts, you can easily identify support and resistance lines. You will also be able to differentiate between actual and inflated asset prices.

I have been using the charts myself and found it really insightful. I wanted some feedback from other traders so I thought I'll show it to everybody here.

Here's the link to the charts for whoever is interested - https://cryptocontrol.io/en/volumedots Let me know what you guys think about this.
Pages:
Jump to: