Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW CIVILIAN TOR Browser + blockchain tech. FROM CHINA! - page 2. (Read 1551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

The implications of this are crazy...we are due for a new Tor as it has been comprimised.
It has? How?

The user is able to freely connect to the decentralized P2P VPN network freely through ways they choose. This allows for increased security. The static verification of identity can lead to security breaches, potentially causing the leak of sensitive information. Bitnet verifies the “identity” of its users dynamically through the blockchain, where the ever-changing credentials to log in are securely stored.
How would this work? Why would anyone store login credentials on the PUBLIC BLOCKCHAIN?

All of this information is also completely anonymous. Connection to a VPN node through Bitnet is virtually invisible because this network is decentralized. Once connected, you can see what they see, while nobody else can see you. This VPN is, in ways, the “first civilian TOR.”
I don't understand what you mean by "you can see what they see, while nobody else can see you". Can you explain this? Also, does this provide the same protection as TOR where you need three relays in between you and the endpoint?

Bitnet also enacts a unique domain system with virtually infinite possible combinations. The domain names are as follows: http://(wallet-address) without the parentheses.
So if someone know the identity behind that bitcoin address, they will know who is running the service. That means that the service owner needs to be very very careful in order to stay anonymous.

Any business or enterprise may set up their own website on Bitnet with the only cost being server utilities. There is no required domain registration fee. Since this is P2P, a business may trade even outside of its regional limitations. This is especially useful in a communist state like China, where censorship is such a problem. You can see what you deem fit, not what the government deems fit for you. The list of applicable uses for Bitnet goes on from P2P instant messaging and phone systems; there’s a plethora of useful feature to choose from.
Sounds like tor

Bitnet As a Whole
Tor and I2P are two similar projects to Bitnet. However, Tor and I2P receive heavy government and private funding because of their applicable uses in privacy and security. The developers behind Bitnet hope to create the third multi-node, decentralized client of importance.

In this sense, Bitnet really is a civilian implementation of Tor. Unlike the previous two, Bitnet is Chinese. Tor and I2P are American in origin and not necessarily tailored to the needs of people who need decentralized anonymity in the world. Bitnet comes in as a personalized system that can be suited to the needs of the individual user.
Oh great, the Chinese. The Chinese government and their censorship. Whoever makes this had better be very well educated in computer and network security. So far, Tor has not be cracked. The encryption is sound and so is the security. Whoever does this needs to make sure that the Chinese government and other censors cannot censor this network.

I don't see how this will be any different from Tor? Why not just use Tor which is well established and has sound security?

Yeah, I don't get any of this. The point of security is storing nothing, that's why if you are paranoid about security you get told to use Tails where nothing it's stored. Tor Browser stores nothing as well tho, since its on the RAM, but your OS is prone to being attacked, but its generally enough.
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code

The implications of this are crazy...we are due for a new Tor as it has been comprimised.
It has? How?

The user is able to freely connect to the decentralized P2P VPN network freely through ways they choose. This allows for increased security. The static verification of identity can lead to security breaches, potentially causing the leak of sensitive information. Bitnet verifies the “identity” of its users dynamically through the blockchain, where the ever-changing credentials to log in are securely stored.
How would this work? Why would anyone store login credentials on the PUBLIC BLOCKCHAIN?

All of this information is also completely anonymous. Connection to a VPN node through Bitnet is virtually invisible because this network is decentralized. Once connected, you can see what they see, while nobody else can see you. This VPN is, in ways, the “first civilian TOR.”
I don't understand what you mean by "you can see what they see, while nobody else can see you". Can you explain this? Also, does this provide the same protection as TOR where you need three relays in between you and the endpoint?

Bitnet also enacts a unique domain system with virtually infinite possible combinations. The domain names are as follows: http://(wallet-address) without the parentheses.
So if someone know the identity behind that bitcoin address, they will know who is running the service. That means that the service owner needs to be very very careful in order to stay anonymous.

Any business or enterprise may set up their own website on Bitnet with the only cost being server utilities. There is no required domain registration fee. Since this is P2P, a business may trade even outside of its regional limitations. This is especially useful in a communist state like China, where censorship is such a problem. You can see what you deem fit, not what the government deems fit for you. The list of applicable uses for Bitnet goes on from P2P instant messaging and phone systems; there’s a plethora of useful feature to choose from.
Sounds like tor

Bitnet As a Whole
Tor and I2P are two similar projects to Bitnet. However, Tor and I2P receive heavy government and private funding because of their applicable uses in privacy and security. The developers behind Bitnet hope to create the third multi-node, decentralized client of importance.

In this sense, Bitnet really is a civilian implementation of Tor. Unlike the previous two, Bitnet is Chinese. Tor and I2P are American in origin and not necessarily tailored to the needs of people who need decentralized anonymity in the world. Bitnet comes in as a personalized system that can be suited to the needs of the individual user.
Oh great, the Chinese. The Chinese government and their censorship. Whoever makes this had better be very well educated in computer and network security. So far, Tor has not be cracked. The encryption is sound and so is the security. Whoever does this needs to make sure that the Chinese government and other censors cannot censor this network.

I don't see how this will be any different from Tor? Why not just use Tor which is well established and has sound security?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Very interesting  development out of china...downloaded the wallet and never seen anything like it..check it out

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-vash-vpncoin-aes-chat-bitchain-domainwebsite-zero-knowledge-789961
NEW WEBSITE: http://www.bitnet.wang   (SWITCH TO ENGLISH)
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vpncoin/

VPNCoin is the driving force behind Bitnet. It’s the epicenter of the utilities included in the client because the client is first and foremost an alt-coin wallet. It goes deeper than that, though. A decentralized trade market is embedded in Bitnet. Its intrinsic currency is obviously going to be VPNCoin.

We need more English speakers involved in this project and give these guys a hand for the Western side of marketing. They got the East covered. Many westerners are having trouble understanding the Coin fully still as there is a language barrier.

One thing I do understand is one current use case for VPN is Tor is Illegal in China and other countries so VPN could become an alternative to Tor where the software is banned. Is that right?

I am also trying to understand how this is better than Tor in anyway...lets get all these brilliant minds on this forum to collaborate because I do believe this project has potential....I just don't know how exactly yet.
Pages:
Jump to: