Pages:
Author

Topic: New Coin Launch: Miner's Coin: Nuggets (NUGs) - page 3. (Read 3054 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I wish you all the luck in the world Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Difficulty is going to skyrocket really quickly, won't that push out small miners, and favor the bigger miners? What's the max diff adjustment for this coin? 400%?
I'm sorry that they suckered you into doing this coin, with nothing for yourself to build it with. Unless you pay out of your own pocket, it will be days before someone sets a pool up for it, if anyone does one at all. You need a pre mine, you need coins, to pay people to set services up quickly. With such a rapidly increasing difficulty, it is paramount that you get a pool set up, ASAP, or it will fizzle and die.
I wish you luck though, man, its a noble idea

+1 well said. almost sounds like he tried to copy me economic principals and apply it to a POS coin.

That's exactly want I did because this is money.  What better way to make a better coin than to apply economics and finance to it.  Wait and see, if this executes probably, if it was programmed right then it's gonna be beautiful for the little miner but for everyone else too.

well thats the point of open source. i'm glad you found my ideas useful and i'm anxiously awaiting this coin. grant me a sneak peak at the vgb protocol??
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Difficulty is going to skyrocket really quickly, won't that push out small miners, and favor the bigger miners? What's the max diff adjustment for this coin? 400%?
I'm sorry that they suckered you into doing this coin, with nothing for yourself to build it with. Unless you pay out of your own pocket, it will be days before someone sets a pool up for it, if anyone does one at all. You need a pre mine, you need coins, to pay people to set services up quickly. With such a rapidly increasing difficulty, it is paramount that you get a pool set up, ASAP, or it will fizzle and die.
Since when is a clonecoin something that needs to be built up by the developer? If it does take off in popularity, the lack of pre-mine isn't an issue because it's popular. If it doesn't take off in popularity, then he can mine legitimately and pay people with his monopoly money to advertise his coin if he wants.

+1

If the coin is as good as advertised, there will be a race to set up a pool as the first pool gets all the hashes and will rake in the fees.  No bounty needed in this case.  Popular coin will get community support, a la DGC (zero premine) and all bounties come from dev pockets and community donations.

-tb-
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Since when is a clonecoin something that needs to be built up by the developer? If it does take off in popularity, the lack of pre-mine isn't an issue because it's popular. If it doesn't take off in popularity, then he can mine legitimately and pay people with his monopoly money to advertise his coin if he wants.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net

+1 well said. almost sounds like he tried to copy me economic principals and apply it to a POS coin.

That's exactly want I did because this is money.  What better way to make a better coin than to apply economics and finance to it.  Wait and see, if this executes probably, if it was programmed right then it's gonna be beautiful for the little miner but for everyone else too.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

After talking to the programmer he said no matter what I do people will bitch.

So he said this:  premine 1%, keep half for yourself and put In a wallet so people see you're not dumping it.

Then use the other half of 1% to do do exactly what you said, set bounties for pool, exchanges, etc.

So that's the way it's gonna be.  Look at all the assholes on here even after I said zero premine.  Nothing but hating boneheads.

So I will give away half my 1% right away for anyone who wants to set a pool, exchange and such.

And don't worry about the high difficulty.  The VGB protocol will really help level the playing field for the little guy.  As much as possible.

If these closed minded haters had let me premine 5% or 10% I could have made this coin a killer coin.  Now it's gonna take forever.  Sad, truly sad.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
fml
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
What is the starting difficulty?

-MarkM-

Does .25 Sound right, mark?

But the VGB will likely throw everyitnng for a massive fucking loop.

I hate cursing but now I'm pissed.

There's no way to predict how VGB will react in this experiement.  It's an unknown variable never used before. It's a financial instrument mixed in with this mess.

I fully expect others to spin off VBG for their own coins.  It makes mining more fun and rewarding although depending on the outcome it may turn out to be a mess.

I'm gonna pay a second programmer to look it over once its done to see if it can be refined.  I don't want it to go haywire.
Activity: 61
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
suggest NGT instead of NUGs
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I will join this coin when launch
Activity: 252
Still the Best 1973
Money for the sake of making money! And that's it...
NWO
Activity: 392
Vlad2Vlad, the Coin Developah, helpin' out da little miners!!

lol, careful he might get all defensive about his money grab.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
good luck
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
What is the starting difficulty?

-MarkM-
I haven't participated in a launch for the last 15 or so coins...kinda miss the chaos...so I might give this one a whirl for some kicks.

Would be nice to have a launch time (even if it is approximate).
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
A currency built for the sole stated purpose of benefiting the money printers is missing the point and/or reeks of scam.

There's no money printers here, it's all digital but I get your point
Money printers or banks are part of any Eco system so they can't be excluded.one has to look at the greater good if there is one and choose that which benefits the most at any given point in time.

Good luck!
Activity: 98
Vlad2Vlad, the Coin Developah, helpin' out da little miners!!

A currency built for the sole stated purpose of benefiting the money printers is missing the point and/or reeks of scam.
Pages:
Jump to: