Pages:
Author

Topic: New COVID strain may affect crypto valuation - page 3. (Read 678 times)

Activity: 862
Merit: 100
December 01, 2021, 11:35:09 PM
I am observing today something similar to what happened in 2020 but at a micro-scale. The announcement of a new COVID variant that may be resistant to current vaccines has sent the Dow and the S&P down the drain, particularly airlines and other travel hospitality linked business. Zoom stocks are up, mining and raw materials down,... It looks like a repetition also in bitcoin price with a plunge that may be ongoing.

For those of you that are newer on hodling, just calm down, this is nothing new, bitcoin will be there tomorrow and, likely, rebounding after the initial collapse caused by the stop-loss orders triggering of the first days.
I follow the strategy of investing exactly at the moment when other people are scared. When there is a drawdown, many people start selling, but long-term investors should be strong and be ready to buy more on a dip if they really believe in what that hold. Bitcoin has already overcome many drawdowns and it has always recovered, also I know that it has already has a value as it is used in many financial operations, so I continue holding.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
December 01, 2021, 06:11:34 PM
~ so eventually this December we might see all of them getting into the positive and bouncing back including crypto market.
Crypto market is struggling to recover, not really recovered yet. I think BTC needs to return above $60k to make all people optimistic again, then the market can recover well. Let's hope that it can happen in December because this month should have a good trend if we consider crypto market history. The last pump of crypto coins is predicted to happen this month.

~ I saw when there was news about the emergence of a new type of Covid, people did not panic too much and it was different from last year ~
This is not the first time they hear that kind of news. So, people don't panic so much, they already experienced it many times. Also, people may already predict that a new wave of pandemics probably happens in December. They already prepared everything to deal with this new wave.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1152
December 01, 2021, 06:02:32 PM
I get that some people could be worried about the new variants but why do we have to look at the very short term at all times. This covid situation will be over one day, god bless we are still alive at least the ones who are reading this, we have lost too many people to this and I hope that we do not lose anymore but daily we still get so many deaths.

However, eventually this will end, we are not going to live with covid forever, which means that after that is done, we are going to have a life without covid and no new strains or even strains won't matter. So, we should not look at what crypto could do during covid but should be focusing on the future and how it will be profiting us even after covid is done.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 67
December 01, 2021, 05:56:17 PM
I wonder why Bitcoin price was affected by the news. If zoom went up according to your post, why not Bitcoin which would be more useful in times of crisis/uncertainty.
Bitcoin get known through information and bitcoin also been affected by information, i found out that any negative information of bitcoin alway affect the price, "why" because so many people who is cryptocurrency minded do not believe in bitcoin with 100% trust, and any information that comes negatively about bitcoin always brings fear to the market.
It's nothing new since bitcoin leads the crypto market, whatever negative news that will attack bitcoin will certainly leave a negative impact too on the whole crypto market. But that does not mean that bitcoin will stay in dump, it may suffer from price dumps but only temporarily. And with this news all about new covid variant, it will be another threat for bitcoin and with the rest of altcoins. But somehow, i know most of us are expecting that crypto won't be affected that much like we used to see in other types of investments. Who knows we might see new ATH for bitcoin just when this new variant comes out in the market.

Economic conditions that cause the market to stagnate are systemic in nature, if Covid causes economic activity to stop massively, this will have an impact on the market, because the money supply for investment will decrease while money for basic consumption needs will increase.  This is theoretical.  But in fact, all countries have prepared a new adaptation which is often called the new normal.  So I'm sure it won't have much of an impact.

Yes, with what we had experienced last year, I don't think people should panic now. And the good thing, scientists are working on it already and I hope they will release official statement regarding this omicron variant. As most of us already know what to do, there's no reason to panic because it will not do any good in our mental health. It may have initial impact in crypto but as we have seen during the pandemic, that's when we got a very good interest from non crypto users to look at crypto market. So I am not really worried about this new wave. It may even have good impact later on.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
December 01, 2021, 05:53:40 PM
It's nothing new since bitcoin leads the crypto market, whatever negative news that will attack bitcoin will certainly leave a negative impact too on the whole crypto market. But that does not mean that bitcoin will stay in dump, it may suffer from price dumps but only temporarily. And with this news all about new covid variant, it will be another threat for bitcoin and with the rest of altcoins. But somehow, i know most of us are expecting that crypto won't be affected that much like we used to see in other types of investments. Who knows we might see new ATH for bitcoin just when this new variant comes out in the market.
That is mainly because money comes into bitcoin more than any other coin and goes out of bitcoin more than any other coin as well. If there is a bull run going on, people will turn their fiat into bitcoin first, then into other coins if they want to, or maybe stay at bitcoin. If there is a bear run going on, people will take their money out of bitcoin into fiat, or stay with stablecoins as well.

So, all in all I would say even though people could turn their fiat into ETH or other coins these days, most of the money goes in and out of bitcoin at first. This results with a lot of volatility in bitcoin that turns out to happen in other coins as well afterwards.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
December 01, 2021, 02:35:34 PM

It is very interesting to see why new variants always appear at the end of the year and in a relatively short time these new variants appear everywhere and have even arrived in some countries that are quite far away.
the question is how do they show up fast enough? did they really exist or were they just made to have an impact that is as unexpected as it is today.

I'm getting fed up with stuff like this. Every year I have to hear variants that continue to mutate and create panic everywhere which affects the economy which is getting worse and worse.

Interesting notice right there because I too share the same thoughts as you.
The original Covid have successfully destroyed local and national economic status and made some other businesses crazy rich. So, I guess that these people in health field are maximizing the opportunity to milk more money from the panicking people because of all the variants that came out after the first Covid.
It really pushes me to believe such conspiracy theories.

Another thing is that, I don't have any idea how cryptocurrency are being affected by this news.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
December 01, 2021, 02:04:39 PM
It is very similar to what we saw back then, the markets hate uncertainty and the pandemic has been full of it, the new variant of the virus seems to be one of the most dangerous to date, so the international community is very worried about it as they fear that we may have to go to square one and live once again the days in which the majority of the population of the world was under lockdown, and all of this when the economies of the world have not recovered and the inflation is already very high.
It is very interesting to see why new variants always appear at the end of the year and in a relatively short time these new variants appear everywhere and have even arrived in some countries that are quite far away.
the question is how do they show up fast enough? did they really exist or were they just made to have an impact that is as unexpected as it is today.

I'm getting fed up with stuff like this. Every year I have to hear variants that continue to mutate and create panic everywhere which affects the economy which is getting worse and worse.
I think we are all tired about the situation as we cannot go back to our normal lives as there is always something new to worry about with this pandemic, however whether you believe this is simply coincidental or that this is the elaborated plan of someone, the truth is that this new strain has been affecting the markets and there is little reason to think this is not going to continue, in fact Biden had to appear already on TV to try to calm the markets but I do not know how effective something like this is going to be.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
December 01, 2021, 11:13:07 AM
I wonder why Bitcoin price was affected by the news. If zoom went up according to your post, why not Bitcoin which would be more useful in times of crisis/uncertainty.
Bitcoin get known through information and bitcoin also been affected by information, i found out that any negative information of bitcoin alway affect the price, "why" because so many people who is cryptocurrency minded do not believe in bitcoin with 100% trust, and any information that comes negatively about bitcoin always brings fear to the market.

Economic conditions that cause the market to stagnate are systemic in nature, if Covid causes economic activity to stop massively, this will have an impact on the market, because the money supply for investment will decrease while money for basic consumption needs will increase.  This is theoretical.  But in fact, all countries have prepared a new adaptation which is often called the new normal.  So I'm sure it won't have much of an impact.
Activity: 1292
Merit: 101
Vave.com
December 01, 2021, 10:39:06 AM
I am observing today something similar to what happened in 2020 but at a micro-scale. The announcement of a new COVID variant that may be resistant to current vaccines has sent the Dow and the S&P down the drain, particularly airlines and other travel hospitality linked business. Zoom stocks are up, mining and raw materials down,... It looks like a repetition also in bitcoin price with a plunge that may be ongoing.

For those of you that are newer on hodling, just calm down, this is nothing new, bitcoin will be there tomorrow and, likely, rebounding after the initial collapse caused by the stop-loss orders triggering of the first days.
Its actually seems to happen like 2020 anything  on this year but the time and situation are totally different . We have seen at the beginning of covid-90 when the whole world were surviving but crypto was promising and were started to building . Now we are really on better situationsome of the traders who are really always being panicked just are going to dump the valuable asset. A wise person always being professional and become patient with his asset. It may some trade closed with the stop loss hope we can recover soon and we did actually . Thinking about the future nothing can pull me back mate.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
December 01, 2021, 04:48:19 AM
Activity: 2898
Merit: 612
December 01, 2021, 02:06:41 AM
If it will have the same scenario in 2020, the current dump may not last a long time. It is just a temporary impact because people are panicking about the possibility of a new wave of Covid. But we all know that Covid even makes crypto market grow and leads the digital investment sector. This means we may see crypto market grow up again in the next few weeks or months. If it happens, Bitcoin and altcoin have a chance to jump again for their new ATHs.

I also think the same thing because I saw when there was news about the emergence of a new type of Covid, people did not panic too much and it was different from last year when there was news that the initial emergence of Covid was really chaotic,
It's undeniable that during a pandemic the crypto market really continues to grow and of course that's a good thing for sure

Well we have the halving after that so it's really for bitcoin to go and have a massive bull run after that. And that's why we have quickly bounce back in 2020 and hit a new all time high and then we have like positive news coming along the way. But we are now in the tail end of the bullish run and with this news, it might dampen the market and who knows where it is going to end. Hopefully, the covid-19 strain news will not cause panic to pull the market even further down to $40k'ish.
Well, we just need to stay calm and never gets panic once bitcoin price will drop more because for sure other crypto coins will eventually fall down their value. I am really expecting that this Omicron variant will cause us to struggle again just like what we had suffered in 2020. Expect that the country's economy will be down again due to the widespread of this covid variant. So even crypto market is not an exception because once a negative news like this will hit the market, it will definitely leave a serious dump in the market and this time, it may lead to another bear season. So we need to monitor the news and updates these days as they will be our guide what will be our next move.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
December 01, 2021, 01:47:51 AM

The new covid-19 variant which is omicron is still under the study of researchers and scientists. Since it is just discovered recently by African scientists, there are still so many things that are uncertain and unknown about the virus. Its way of transmission and the severity of illness it will cause to someone is still not yet known because the people who were reported to contact the virus were mostly youngsters that are known to not really acquire severe symptoms of the virus due to high immune system. What the scientists are afraid of right now is the mutations of it because once the virus omicron mutates again, it could boost up the fast spreading of the virus from one host to another which is a very big problem once again because if uncontrolled, it would infect so many people again. Just like what happened to previous strains before.

It could be another challenging season for most of us, most especially those who are into crypto because we all know how pandemic affected the market, not just crypto actually but the world in general. This would be a tough time once again, but I suppose it would just last a short span of time. Because we have an advantage right now compared before that no vaccines has been produced yet. Now, we have the vaccines and the scientists have the background information they need to check what are the similarities of this omicron variant to the previous ones. Hopefully, the vaccines are effective enough for this new strain and to future strains because the mutations are endless, we just have to adapt and be immune to it.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
November 30, 2021, 11:04:21 PM
It is very surprising a new wave of covid has come again and the whole economy will suffer just like the previous, we can already see it affecting the stock market and crypto market, I hope soon thr market will stabilise in the market,  many countries are trying to understand this new covid and the best way to prevent it from spreading.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 544
November 30, 2021, 10:52:53 PM
If it will have the same scenario in 2020, the current dump may not last a long time. It is just a temporary impact because people are panicking about the possibility of a new wave of Covid. But we all know that Covid even makes crypto market grow and leads the digital investment sector. This means we may see crypto market grow up again in the next few weeks or months. If it happens, Bitcoin and altcoin have a chance to jump again for their new ATHs.

I also think the same thing because I saw when there was news about the emergence of a new type of Covid, people did not panic too much and it was different from last year when there was news that the initial emergence of Covid was really chaotic,
It's undeniable that during a pandemic the crypto market really continues to grow and of course that's a good thing for sure

Well we have the halving after that so it's really for bitcoin to go and have a massive bull run after that. And that's why we have quickly bounce back in 2020 and hit a new all time high and then we have like positive news coming along the way. But we are now in the tail end of the bullish run and with this news, it might dampen the market and who knows where it is going to end. Hopefully, the covid-19 strain news will not cause panic to pull the market even further down to $40k'ish.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
November 30, 2021, 10:41:03 PM
Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
November 30, 2021, 10:32:02 PM

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
November 30, 2021, 10:18:23 PM

But now we already see that it doesn't have the same impact as it was in 2020 where the first news of the Covid-19 was released. So for now, we are just in temporary in the negative, but for sure this will not last long. Every market is the world sooner or later will have to recover from this news. This is how the market works so eventually this December we might see all of them getting into the positive and bouncing back including crypto market.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
November 30, 2021, 06:59:56 PM
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604
November 30, 2021, 06:35:05 PM
The global economy will suffer a modest blow from economists point. Compared to the impact on the economy from covid-19 and the delta variant what we experience at the moment won't be that big. This time tourism and the restaurant industry is predicted to experience a major blow. The increased vaccination rate keep things in control compared to the past.
This new strain of covid is expecting to create a major outbreak since the virus will be widespread again, so expect that more economies will totally be in downtrend like we experienced from covid 19 in its first months. However, if crypto will be affected again but i think it will not resort into making a huge dump in the market since people will be more stuck in their houses again and this time, crypto might be their best option again. So instead of making the whole crypto market down, this new strain of covid might cause another positive surge not just for bitcoin but the whole crypto market itself.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 548
8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!
November 30, 2021, 06:19:26 PM
The global economy will suffer a modest blow from economists point. Compared to the impact on the economy from covid-19 and the delta variant what we experience at the moment won't be that big. This time tourism and the restaurant industry is predicted to experience a major blow. The increased vaccination rate keep things in control compared to the past.
Pages:
Jump to: