Pages:
Author

Topic: New COVID strain may affect crypto valuation - page 7. (Read 681 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
November 26, 2021, 04:00:38 PM
Probably, since most travels are again being restricted across all parts of the globe, and that may affect global commerce and economics, too. It's not only the local markets that are affevted by this new strain, and it seems that it has breached even the cryptomarket as well. Most industries on all fronts are taking a beating, and it's not far fetched that the negativity may affect crypto.

But what's interesting though is that the sudden drop happened near the end of the year. Huge drops and pumps usually happens during this time, and once again it showed itself in a timely manner
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 26, 2021, 03:43:38 PM
Yeah, there's a likely that it's related to the new strain and there's nothing to worry as we've seen how bitcoin moved from down to the top during the months where most lockdowns were implemented. The newbies shouldn't worry on this matter as we've seen that the market became better last year and if this is going to be the same as that, then we have to wait until the expected pump might come anytime soon as it recovers. This could also be the start or sign that we may see another ATH.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
November 26, 2021, 03:27:12 PM
Lots of fear mongering.

I don't see how the news has anything to do with crypto valuation at all and it just seems a bit strange that BTC, which is an uncorrelated asset to most other stocks, would dump harder than even the travel sector stocks

Oh well, more time to buy up the dip Smiley

More of like looking at the reality of the situation rather than "feat mongering" lol. I don't get it either why a new covid strain would affect the cryptocurrency markets, but the fact is, there's a high likeliness that it indeed affected the markets in general; whether we like it or not. It already happened in 2020, so I wouldn't be surprised if it affected the markets again in the same way.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
November 26, 2021, 03:26:56 PM
I thought op would have included the name of the new variant of the covid-19.
Anyway I expect the new noise about it variant to push up price again because of the fear of contact that has bedeviled covid-19 from the beginning, so many may choose to avoid contact of fiat and convert to cryptocurrency and digital too

Smiley

Well it is becoming a known traditional occurrence with bitcoin anytime it got to a new ATH. This can pass as more correction than a dump and buying like you suggested rightly is the best decision.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
November 26, 2021, 02:55:03 PM
Lots of fear mongering.

I don't see how the news has anything to do with crypto valuation at all and it just seems a bit strange that BTC, which is an uncorrelated asset to most other stocks, would dump harder than even the travel sector stocks

Activity: 980
Merit: 10
November 26, 2021, 02:21:55 PM
interestingly things like this always happen at the end of the year which is like being one of the secret weapons at the end of the year.
and if you look not only this year but from 2 years ago there have always been things like this in the last month of the end of the year always busy with news about covid since they existed.
and the impact created is also very extraordinary for the economy today.
the impact created by this will be felt and for hodlers must be patient a little longer it seems
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
November 26, 2021, 01:54:25 PM
I would also add that this overlaps with the day CME Bitcoin futures expire, hence one of the days the price drops anyway.
The fear related to COVID and that fall of stocks has probably amplified today's dump.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 341
Duelbits.com
November 26, 2021, 01:35:00 PM
Some interesting facts about the Covid Variant that was deliberately made to last longer than it had to be stopped. The big impact is unstoppable while the economic improvement in every country is starting to make a lot of adjustments in the field of Online work. Here the Bitcoin investment sector as well as trading other cryptocurrencies have contributed greatly to the individual community towards surviving the wave of economic collapse, both micro and macro though. Especially if you see the US experiencing prolonged inflation until it decides to withdraw the Dollar for a while. Hoping that the withdrawal of the dollar circulation program will trigger a decrease in inflation.
As we know during the US Pandemic, printing money on a large scale.

With regards to Bitcoin, the price has recently been looking down, whether or not this has something to do with the withdrawal of the dollar in the market or it was pre-planned to give the whales room to take more discounts.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1589
Do not die for Putin
November 26, 2021, 12:32:58 PM
I am observing today something similar to what happened in 2020 but at a micro-scale. The announcement of a new COVID variant that may be resistant to current vaccines has sent the Dow and the S&P down the drain, particularly airlines and other travel hospitality linked business. Zoom stocks are up, mining and raw materials down,... It looks like a repetition also in bitcoin price with a plunge that may be ongoing.

For those of you that are newer on hodling, just calm down, this is nothing new, bitcoin will be there tomorrow and, likely, rebounding after the initial collapse caused by the stop-loss orders triggering of the first days.
Pages:
Jump to: