Pages:
Author

Topic: New GekkoScience product, the Smart Hub - page 3. (Read 1405 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
February 12, 2024, 06:09:12 PM
So odd thing happening at the moment.

Came home to find the green light of the front flashing and hashrate steadily decreasing.

SSh into it and its responding very slowly. A good minute to got the login screen, then another minute or so to get passed it.

I've restarted the hub and will see how it goes.
Activity: 358
Merit: 285
January 19, 2024, 01:29:00 PM
I think the SmartHub is great!!! Is it possible to incorporate the SSH cgminer display into the website?
Your praise of SmartHub makes me happy! But I need more details about your request. We assume you want to embed the SSH cgminer display on a webpage. you read some point:

• Websites displaying SSH information pose security risks. SSH is a secure protocol for remote system access; posting details online is risky. Use authentication and encryption to protect sensitive data.
  • Check if cgminer has a web-based API or another way to get data. Many programmes offer APIs for data access, which is safer than revealing SSH credentials.
  • Web technologies like HTML, CSS, and JavaScript will be needed to create a user interface for displaying cgminer information if you proceed. A server-side technology like Node.js, Python, or PHP may be needed to manage cgminer instance-website communication.
  • Enforce access controls to restrict website cgminer information to authorised users.

Providing a step-by-step tutorial without knowing your setup and requirements is difficult. If cgminer has an API, you could use web technologies to create a dashboard or display relevant data on your website. Security is paramount when handling sensitive data and SSH.

Would it also be possible to integrate the bgminer into a screen process for the Moomlander II and have it displayed on the dashboard?
It is technically possible to integrate bgminer into a Moonlander II screen process and display it on a dashboard, but there are a few steps and things to take into account.
-Screen Process:
Use a tool like 'screen'or 'tmux' to run bgminer in a detached session. This allows the mining process to continue running even if you disconnect from the server.
Example with 'screen':
Detach from the screen session by pressing `Ctrl` + `A`, then `D`.

-Security:
Take appropriate security precautions, particularly if you plan to expose the dashboard online. To manage access, think about employing secure connections (HTTPS) and putting authentication in place.

These steps offer a broad overview; the specifics will vary depending on your setup's specifics and bgminer's capabilities. Security should always come first, particularly when working with mining software and possibly exposing it to outside networks. Furthermore, consult the bgminer and Moonlander II documentation for any particular instructions they may offer.

Very cool little device.

Do you have a Git we can submit PRs to? I changed the display from "Million"/"Billion"/"Trillion" to "Mega"/"Giga"/"Tera" and could make that an option if others want.

Just a few suggestions myself (I'll probably edit this post rather than a new one each time I think of something):-

-- Adjustability of the screen and GUI to display 5min, 15min or Avg Hashrate. The graph doing the 5min is perfect though.

-- Shutdown button/option on the GUI for people like me who like to do occasional maintenance on the sticks/devices, saves potential SD card corruption. Then it's just a simple cycling of the power supply to get it back up and running.

-- Change of Currency option for the screen and GUI. (I've managed to do this, but would prefer an official update if possible).

-- Format of the "Bestshare" on the GUI eg, 1.756Million or 1,756,876 etc

Really pleased I decided to treat myself and get one though. It's a great bit of kit and very intuitive to use. It's also tidied up my desk a treat. No more 7" screen with a Rpi hooked up and cables running around everywhere.

I'm looking forward to the updates as and when they arrive  Smiley
Yes your suggestions were nice. Thanks for helping with such nice suggestions.
Activity: 31
Merit: 10
January 17, 2024, 04:23:17 PM
Worth upgrading from Terminus?

The smart hub is a usb hub and attached raspi with custom software etc. It doesnt actually mine itself, you need to attach other gekko usb sticks or a terminus.

Personally I changed from the gen1 hub and seperate pi4 to the smarthub and havent looked back. Waiting on potential updates for it. It certainly makes things a lot easier to manage on my desk. Well worth it IMO.

Updates are coming!
January 17, 2024, 07:52:30 AM
The cgminer install supports all Gekko devices. Power comes from 12V 6-pin or barrel like the regular hubs and Terminus pod miners.

How much power is needed for this hub?

The hub itself takes a few watts to run. Im running 6xCompac-Fs at 520m and two fans from the hub and thats drawing 98w from the wall
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
January 17, 2024, 04:07:57 AM
Personally I changed from the gen1 hub and seperate pi4 to the smarthub and havent looked back. Waiting on potential updates for it. It certainly makes things a lot easier to manage on my desk. Well worth it IMO.

So almost 300€ is worth it on Bitshopper.
January 17, 2024, 04:04:02 AM
The cgminer install supports all Gekko devices. Power comes from 12V 6-pin or barrel like the regular hubs and Terminus pod miners.

How much power is needed for this hub?
January 16, 2024, 02:09:16 PM

The smart hub is a usb hub and attached raspi with custom software etc. It doesnt actually mine itself, you need to attach other gekko usb sticks or a terminus.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
January 16, 2024, 01:50:16 PM
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
January 13, 2024, 12:19:36 PM
January 13, 2024, 10:54:09 AM
Can you add the old 2PAC to this device?  Embarrassed

And how do you add power to this device?
January 03, 2024, 08:02:42 PM
All points noted. Got quite a list coming together for the next round of updates!

I'll get a feature request repository sorted in due course.

Thanks
IAmGpio
January 03, 2024, 07:38:16 AM

Very cool little device.

Do you have a Git we can submit PRs to? I changed the display from "Million"/"Billion"/"Trillion" to "Mega"/"Giga"/"Tera" and could make that an option if others want.

Just a few suggestions myself (I'll probably edit this post rather than a new one each time I think of something):-

-- Adjustability of the screen and GUI to display 5min, 15min or Avg Hashrate. The graph doing the 5min is perfect though.

-- Shutdown button/option on the GUI for people like me who like to do occasional maintenance on the sticks/devices, saves potential SD card corruption. Then it's just a simple cycling of the power supply to get it back up and running.

-- Change of Currency option for the screen and GUI. (I've managed to do this, but would prefer an official update if possible).

-- Format of the "Bestshare" on the GUI eg, 1.756Million or 1,756,876 etc

Really pleased I decided to treat myself and get one though. It's a great bit of kit and very intuitive to use. It's also tidied up my desk a treat. No more 7" screen with a Rpi hooked up and cables running around everywhere.

I'm looking forward to the updates as and when they arrive  Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
January 02, 2024, 07:40:22 PM

So we wont put embedded SSH access into the web interface. However, I will put a realtime CGMiner feed into the web UI. I will add it to the next software revision list. If you want to SSH in and see the CGMiner instance, there are instructions somewhere further up in this thread.
Regarding BFGMiner - it is not something we will do right now but may do in the future.

Regards
IAmGPIO

Very cool little device.

January 02, 2024, 05:21:56 PM
I think the SmartHub is great!!!

Is it possible to incorporate the SSH cgminer display into the website?

0: GSF 10051826: BM1397:01+ 400.00MHz T:400 P:390 (31:16) | 92.4% WU:^62% | 206.8G / 130.3Gh/s WU: 1820.0/m

Would it also be possible to integrate the bgminer into a screen process for the Moomlander II and have it displayed on the dashboard?

Hey, glad you like the SmartHub!

So we wont put embedded SSH access into the web interface. However, I will put a realtime CGMiner feed into the web UI. I will add it to the next software revision list. If you want to SSH in and see the CGMiner instance, there are instructions somewhere further up in this thread.
Regarding BFGMiner - it is not something we will do right now but may do in the future.

Regards
IAmGPIO
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 02, 2024, 10:28:03 AM
I think the SmartHub is great!!!

Is it possible to incorporate the SSH cgminer display into the website?

0: GSF 10051826: BM1397:01+ 400.00MHz T:400 P:390 (31:16) | 92.4% WU:^62% | 206.8G / 130.3Gh/s WU: 1820.0/m

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
January 01, 2024, 03:30:29 AM
System seems solid indeed. Around the time of the launch, my number zero had been running about 11 days uptime without any hiccups.
December 30, 2023, 10:06:56 AM
Yep you were spot on, one of my sticks crapped out overnight and the screen had frozen, then hit a button and it went off.

Good stuff. I will build a fix for that in in due course. The system seems solid when hardware is stable so I am not too worried at the moment.

I will be creating a ticket/suggestion portal in due course on my site for this sort of stuff to be reported.

Cheers!
IAMGpio
December 30, 2023, 08:58:48 AM
Yep you were spot on, one of my sticks crapped out overnight and the screen had frozen, then hit a button and it went off.
December 29, 2023, 07:13:25 PM
Good stuff! Shout if you need anything else and/or have any suggestions / bugs, etc

Funnily enough, the screen just went off. Its still mining as it should, but the screen froze on the pool details, so pressed a button to cycle to the next screen and it switched off.

The GUI still works although it displays a lower hashrate then its actually doing, checked on the SSH in cgminer and the 5min and 15min have reset and ramping up again. Avg, 5s, 1m hashrates all read as they should.

Nothing has changed for the past 2 hours, apart from the screen going off.

I'll restart the hub and see how it fairs overnight.

This is indicative of a stick that is being pushed too hard/failing and crashing CGMiner. On the screen itself, there are a few pages that reference the CGMiner API. If that can't be found at that moment In time, the screen program throws and error and closes.

You can prove this theory right by using "screen" and seeing if the CGMiner ID number changes, which implies a new instance has spawned. If so, you can start fault finding. Personally, I stop the CGMiner watchdog (screen -r ###) (### is number of cgminer watchdog) and then press ctrl c or ctrl z to close. Then see what CGMiner does. As the watchdog is closed, a new instance of cgminer won't open automatically.

If cgminer has closed, manually run it again by typing this:

sudo /home/pi/cgminer/cgminer --config /home/pi/UserConfig/cgminer.conf --verbose --gekko-compacf-freq 450  --gekko-r909-freq 550  --gekko-newpac-freq 250 --gekko-mine2 --gekko-start-freq 250 --suggest-diff 442

This is the exact command the system launches (minus your own mining speeds you have input as discussed prior). You can update the freq in this line to suit what you currently have.

Running this will help you fault find what's killing the CGMiner instance.

Unfortunately when I wrote the software I didn't have any iffy hardware or push it hard enough to throw errors. I'll look into this an implement a fix in due course for the screen app closing when it can't find the CGMiner API.

Cheers
IAmGPIO

December 29, 2023, 06:29:59 PM
Good stuff! Shout if you need anything else and/or have any suggestions / bugs, etc

Funnily enough, the screen just went off. Its still mining as it should, but the screen froze on the pool details, so pressed a button to cycle to the next screen and it switched off.

The GUI still works although it displays a lower hashrate then its actually doing, checked on the SSH in cgminer and the 5min and 15min have reset and ramping up again. Avg, 5s, 1m hashrates all read as they should.

Nothing has changed for the past 2 hours, apart from the screen going off.

I'll restart the hub and see how it fairs overnight.

Pages:
Jump to: