Pages:
Author

Topic: New GekkoScience product, the Smart Hub - page 4. (Read 1405 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 10
December 29, 2023, 04:45:44 PM
Good stuff! Shout if you need anything else and/or have any suggestions / bugs, etc
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
December 29, 2023, 04:41:43 PM

If you change both instances of "450" in the config.html file you should be good.

FYI, another tip:

If you type "sudo screen -list" in the terminal, you will be presented with all of the "applications" I have executed specifically for the SmartHub ecosystem. "Screen" can be compared to minimising a program as we have all done on Windows/Mac. You will see "Cgminer". If you type "sudo screen -r ###) (### being the ID number) it will "maximise" the CGminer app and you can see whats what. When you are done, hold Ctrl and then press A and then whilst still holding Ctrl, press D. This "minimises" the windows. If you screw stuff up, just reboot the Smarthub.

Any more questions give me a shout, I wrote the software and all interfacing for the SmartHub.

Regards
IAmGPIO

Superb, Thanks IAmGPIO, Changed both instances of the code and now get the "error" message when setting above 530m in the freq as expected.

Currently got my 6xCompacFs running at 500 on the new hub (previously 530m on the old hub). I'll incrementally bump it up to break in the new hub. Like breaking in a rebuilt engine, gotta take it easy to start with, then full beans  Grin
December 29, 2023, 12:37:21 PM
Thanks GPIO. I’ll try that later on.

I’m using Putty if that make any difference?

EDIT:
So I managed to change the value and it saved after a restart. It still gives a warning if you try to exceed the 450 limit though. I did see the coloured text further up the file still has the "450" in the relevant field but I'm assuming that's just at text/display code and not linked to the running of cgminer?

If you change both instances of "450" in the config.html file you should be good.

FYI, another tip:

If you type "sudo screen -list" in the terminal, you will be presented with all of the "applications" I have executed specifically for the SmartHub ecosystem. "Screen" can be compared to minimising a program as we have all done on Windows/Mac. You will see "Cgminer". If you type "sudo screen -r ###) (### being the ID number) it will "maximise" the CGminer app and you can see whats what. When you are done, hold Ctrl and then press A and then whilst still holding Ctrl, press D. This "minimises" the windows. If you screw stuff up, just reboot the Smarthub.

Any more questions give me a shout, I wrote the software and all interfacing for the SmartHub.

Regards
IAmGPIO

Activity: 117
December 28, 2023, 04:36:16 PM
Congrats Sidehack and gang! You continue to build and deliver quality products for the home miner.
December 28, 2023, 11:59:25 AM
Thanks GPIO. I’ll try that later on.

I’m using Putty if that make any difference?

EDIT:
So I managed to change the value and it saved after a restart. It still gives a warning if you try to exceed the 450 limit though. I did see the coloured text further up the file still has the "450" in the relevant field but I'm assuming that's just at text/display code and not linked to the running of cgminer?
December 28, 2023, 07:47:25 AM
Wonderful. Thanks for that. I found a default values file but it was “unwritable” but that walkthrough is perfect!

I was going to take the sd card out and copy all the files over to my PC before I started changing anything.

EDIT:-

Tried going the OPTION 1 route but I can't edit the file  Undecided or any other file for that matter

when logged in, type:

"sudo nano /home/pi/Defaults/HTML/templates/config.html"

It will open the nano editor. Make your changes and save. It will let you write to the file.
Activity: 32
Merit: 5
December 27, 2023, 10:19:42 PM
Did you sudo?

I didnt at first but tried again with sudo and still no joy.

If you are able to ssh into the RPI Zero2w that is in the hub, as the pi user then you "should" have the permissions needed.
What tool are you using to ssh into the RPI Zero?    the command should be ssh pi@IPAddressOFSmartHUB. then use the password raspberry
If you do not specify the pi@ part it will try to have you ssh in to the RPI Zero as the user of your host computer.  It may ask you to accept ssh key for the pi user if you have not already done so.

Once you get logged in you can type whoami to valdate you are the pi user if you want. You can type pwd to see what directory you are in.. It should be the home folder for the pi user. To run a command as with root privileges you would use sudo COMMAND... such as sudo nano config.html  (nano being the text editor.)
December 27, 2023, 03:47:53 PM
Did you sudo?

I didnt at first but tried again with sudo and still no joy.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
December 27, 2023, 03:19:03 PM
Did you sudo?
December 27, 2023, 09:34:18 AM
Wonderful. Thanks for that. I found a default values file but it was “unwritable” but that walkthrough is perfect!

I was going to take the sd card out and copy all the files over to my PC before I started changing anything.

EDIT:-

Tried going the OPTION 1 route but I can't edit the file  Undecided or any other file for that matter
December 27, 2023, 08:26:39 AM
I would get them but could barely justify the smarthub considering the base hub and raspi4 have been solid since I bought them (no surprise really, its gekko gear).

Hey, how you getting on with the SmartHub?!

Got it setup preliminarily i.e hooked up to my wifi and pool details put in. I’m trying to figure out how to circumvent the 450m limit on the CompacF. Can’t seem to locate to right config file to alter.

Couple of options:
1: You can edit the HTML file that manages the software limit and simply change the max clock limit on the HTML page
2: You can edit the cgminer.conf file. However, doing this still has the 450 limit on the web page. It will always default back to 450 if you change something. You can REALLY break the system if this file changes, this is the less preferable method.

ALWAYS BACKUP THE FILES BEFORE MESSING WITH THEM!

To do option 1:
1: SSH into the pi (username "pi", password "raspberry".
2: edit /home/pi/Defaults/HTML/templates/config.html
3: Towards the bottom of the file you will find this:

"    // Add event listeners to input fields
document.getElementById("compacf_freq").addEventListener("input", (e) => enforceMaxValue(e, 450));
document.getElementById("r909_freq").addEventListener("input", (e) => enforceMaxValue(e, 550));
document.getElementById("newpac_freq").addEventListener("input", (e) => enforceMaxValue(e, 250));
"

Change the enforceMaxValue values.

4: Save the file and reboot the system.

Note
- It is advised you backup the file before you do anything. If you break this file you will break the system.

Note
- Overclocking is dangerous if done correctly, but you know this already. You can destroy your hardware. This is at your own risk!

---------------------

Option 2:
Edit "/home/pi/executer.sh"
Change the values shown in the file. BE VERY CARFUL NOT TO DISTURB THE FORMATTING OF THIS FILE!
December 27, 2023, 05:53:32 AM
I would get them but could barely justify the smarthub considering the base hub and raspi4 have been solid since I bought them (no surprise really, its gekko gear).

Got it setup preliminarily i.e hooked up to my wifi and pool details put in. I’m trying to figure out how to circumvent the 450m limit on the CompacF. Can’t seem to locate to right config file to alter.
December 26, 2023, 06:56:40 PM

December 20, 2023, 08:53:02 PM
legendary
December 20, 2023, 07:29:22 PM
It came out bigger than I wanted, but that's because of the decision to make room for individual stick fans. Turns out people like those?
December 20, 2023, 05:37:44 PM
The whole footprint is roughly twice the size as the base Hub, about 14x20cm

Thanks sidehack. Bit bigger than I thought, time for some cobbling together  Grin
legendary
December 20, 2023, 05:19:14 PM
The whole footprint is roughly twice the size as the base Hub, about 14x20cm
December 20, 2023, 01:42:32 PM
Just purchased one from the UK seller. But I just thought, what are the dimensions for the hub and does it have a fan header? I already have the standard gekko hub and the 3D printed stand 419mining sold and I’m hoping to reuse the stand but need the dimensions. If it doesnt fit I’ll have to find someway of cobbling together a fan stand.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 19, 2023, 06:29:05 PM
Just made an account here to indeed verify this is a really handy unit. I have multiple usb sticks, newpacs and f's and I have like 5 r909's and plug and play is so easy with this unit.

If you are looking for a US Seller I got mine from https://altairtech.io/

They packaged the units so well FedEx left my package out in the melting snow and the box was soggy wet. They still work lol.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 19, 2023, 07:54:07 AM
Here's a short vid with a high-level walk through of the new GekkoScience SmartHub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxqO35C0lrk

✅ well made (as expected from @sidehack)
✅ nice weight n' feel
✅ easy to config via wi-fi AP (192.168.6.1, 2.4GHz only)
✅ perfectly spaced for 9 COMPAC-Fs with clip-on fans
✅ USB splitters are nice n' compact
✅ seamlessly switches to ethernet if plugged in
✅ dashboard has a nice UI with cool animated graph (mobile friendly)
✅ link to @Kano's detailed stats page
✅ instantly started mining
✅ ability to tweak frequencies for each miner type (COMPAC-F, R909, NewPac)
✅ true plug n' play!

Love it.
Pages:
Jump to: