Pages:
Author

Topic: New (more optimized) MRO CPUMiner [Updated 05/28/2014] [PROOF OF 2X INCREASE] - page 3. (Read 16825 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
any chance of an updated osx miner too
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
<3 big picture
Any new faster miner going on... Smiley

Lucas updates the source a few hours ago to fix a couple of bugs and add JSON 2 stuff..

binaries on github here:

https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi/releases

I just started running the windows one to see if it fixes the "boooo" problem on monero pools.. to early to tell yet if it does.
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Any new faster miner going on... Smiley
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Commands?   Undecided

--help is your friend if you have never used cpuminer. You'll need to use the cryptonight algorithm.

I have used cpuminer before but not with cryptonight...  how about an example in OP?    Roll Eyes

If you've used cpuminer before, then what I supplied in my post should have been enough, I think - but never mind, I'll give you a full command:

Code:
minerd -a cryptonight -o moneropool.org:80 -O 43jtN2e88d4ayn7gxsLwB94fmYzLuXymuGdJxotnvYsCaK3UuhvQRNgKrZUD4i5kxTRtpz49FrB1e2KYiXu4TNyEEGUwu9E:x -t 4 --no-longpoll

[/quote]

How to config a backup pool? Thanks!

Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Commands?   Undecided

--help is your friend if you have never used cpuminer. You'll need to use the cryptonight algorithm.

I have used cpuminer before but not with cryptonight...  how about an example in OP?    Roll Eyes

If you've used cpuminer before, then what I supplied in my post should have been enough, I think - but never mind, I'll give you a full command:

Code:
minerd -a cryptonight -o moneropool.org:80 -O 43jtN2e88d4ayn7gxsLwB94fmYzLuXymuGdJxotnvYsCaK3UuhvQRNgKrZUD4i5kxTRtpz49FrB1e2KYiXu4TNyEEGUwu9E:x -t 4 --no-longpoll

Replace the pool if you want, and the add- actually, no, don't replace the address  Cheesy
The number after -t is the number of threads you want it to run, and --no-longpoll is a workaround for a pool bug with longpolling.

Just... why? If your CPU is so old that it's not x86-64, then... why on earth would you be mining with it? It'd eat more power than it would ever make you in coin.

I still have 4 computers running on XP 32bit which for various reasons can't upgrade them to 64bit and i have free electricity.So i just thought i should give them a try Wink
Either way,thanks for providing 64bit binaries

PS. Please send me your MRO address for a small donation

That is the first good reason I've ever heard. Let me see if I can get it working. By the way, my address is: 43jtN2e88d4ayn7gxsLwB94fmYzLuXymuGdJxotnvYsCaK3UuhvQRNgKrZUD4i5kxTRtpz49FrB1e2K YiXu4TNyEEGUwu9E
Activity: 64
Btw I am not able to compile the miner on Centos 6.5 system:
Code:
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -I./compat/jansson    -O3 -MT minerd-cryptonight.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/minerd-cryptonight.Tpo -c -o minerd-cryptonight.o `test -f 'cryptonight.c' || echo './'`cryptonight.c
In file included from cryptonight.c:13:
crypto/c_jh.h:17: error: redefinition of typedef ‘BitSequence’
crypto/c_groestl.h:36: note: previous declaration of ‘BitSequence’ was here
crypto/c_jh.h:18: error: redefinition of typedef ‘DataLength’
crypto/c_groestl.h:37: note: previous declaration of ‘DataLength’ was here
cryptonight.c:178:1: warning: "RND" redefined
cryptonight.c:141:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
cryptonight.c:208:1: warning: "RND" redefined
cryptonight.c:178:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
cryptonight.c:245:1: warning: "RND" redefined
cryptonight.c:208:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
make[2]: *** [minerd-cryptonight.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/carloss/cpuminer-multi'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/carloss/cpuminer-multi'
make: *** [all] Error 2

More info about the system:
Code:
[carloss@minerC cpuminer-multi]$ uname -a
Linux minerC 2.6.32-431.11.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 25 19:59:55 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[carloss@minerC cpuminer-multi]$ cat /etc/*release
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-noarch

[carloss@minerC cpuminer-multi]$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-redhat-linux
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-bugurl=http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla --enable-bootstrap --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-java-maintainer-mode --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --disable-libjava-multilib --with-ppl --with-cloog --with-tune=generic --with-arch_32=i686 --build=x86_64-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4) (GCC)

On Ubuntu 12.04 machines it works fine.

Any idea?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
This build doesn't work on Mac OS X. I'll be posting a pull request pretty soon to fix it.
It was only the wind.

Commands?   Undecided

Wolf0,are there any plans for a 32bit cpuminer?

Just... why? If your CPU is so old that it's not x86-64, then... why on earth would you be mining with it? It'd eat more power than it would ever make you in coin.
What kind of performance improvements are you seeing with these opimizations? Thanks!

Usually people say around 30%, but some people have reported 50%.

Yep, almost 50% performance gain. Excellent job!

Thanks! If you want to donate, my address is in the post above yours.

2 MRO is heading your way Cool
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Awesome! ~280 H/s per cpu. Nice job!

how many monero per day?
It was only the wind.
no libwinpthread-1.dll

Is possibile to resolve this error?

Thanks..

Download again, it should be in there.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Commands?   Undecided

Code:

Replace the pool if you want, and the add- actually, no, don't replace the address  Cheesy
The number after -t is the number of threads you want it to run, and --no-longpoll is a workaround for a pool bug with longpolling.

I still have 4 computers running on XP 32bit which for various reasons can't upgrade them to 64bit and i have free electricity.So i just thought i should give them a try Wink

That is the first good reason I've ever heard. Let me see if I can get it working. By the way, my address is: 43jtN2e88d4ayn7gxsLwB94fmYzLuXymuGdJxotnvYsCaK3UuhvQRNgKrZUD4i5kxTRtpz49FrB1e2K YiXu4TNyEEGUwu9E

OMG... all this time I was using fluffy's miner... thought these are same :/
Activity: 47
Awesome! ~280 H/s per cpu. Nice job!
What kind of performance improvements are you seeing with these opimizations? Thanks!

Usually people say around 30%, but some people have reported 50%.

Yep, almost 50% performance gain. Excellent job!
It was only the wind.
Pthread DLL should now be included.

how many coin per day with one i5 4670k?

Are you just hoping that someone has that exact CPU and will come across your post and tell you? I mean, it'd be a reasonable question if you posted your hashrate...
Activity: 9

Activity: 9
Wolf0,are there any plans for a 32bit cpuminer?
It was only the wind.
Activity: 6
no libwinpthread-1.dll

Is possibile to resolve this error?

Thanks..
It was only the wind.
Some of my optimizations were just committed to the repo (thanks LucasJones for improving on it), but for all the people on Windows, I made binaries. Optimizations only take effect if your CPU has AES-NI.

https://ottrbutt.com/cpuminer-multi/05-21-2014-cpuminer-multi-win64-git-Wolf0.zip
https://ottrbutt.com/cpuminer-multi/05-21-2014-cpuminer-multi-win64-git-Wolf0.zip.sig

For my GPG key ID and fingerprint, see my signature. Oh, and one more thing - main page is NSFW, so don't go there - same warning is on the litecointalk thread where I compile SGMiner and several forks of it for Win64 every week.

You can donate here if it helps you: 43jtN2e88d4ayn7gxsLwB94fmYzLuXymuGdJxotnvYsCaK3UuhvQRNgKrZUD4i5kxTRtpz49FrB1e2K YiXu4TNyEEGUwu9E

EDIT: Dammit, crashes now. I'm on it.

EDIT2: I think it was the way I compiled winpthreads. Will fix in a minute.

EDIT3: Well, it's not working ATM. LucasJones compiled one, which I'm hosting here: https://ottrbutt.com/cpuminer-multi/cpuminer-multi-1.0.2-LucasJones.zip

It's dynamically linked, which kinda sucks, but it works.

EDIT4: Never mind, fluffypony has taken care of it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6857197
Static linking of pthreads is very very difficult.

Well, I do it every week with SGMiner and forks.

Pools report 3-4 H/s per i3 cpu... so that means people are (ab)using hundreds of CPUs which they don't own ?!
You can get 45H/s on an older core2duo, so something sounds wrong with those numbers.
But HOW are you measuring these H/s Huh?
There is NO info output from simpleminer
When I use pools "lookout" feature against my wallet it shows... like 15h/s from [email protected] :/

PS:
WOW, new version seems a lot faster!

Thanks, LucasJones and I worked together on it.
Pages:
Jump to: