Pages:
Author

Topic: New to mining need an Advice - page 2. (Read 669 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
March 14, 2018, 02:59:54 AM
Thanks @manji for pointing that one out. Sorry @dimsk but I just want to stay on topic on my questions and you advising on the power consumption factor wasn't helping answer my queries.

seems your spec doesn't need to upgrade, its good enough for multitasking. your lag issue caused by your CPU do the mining through NH.

Yeah, I have done disabling the cpu mining on the setting of nicehash but still getting a little laggy. Also, I have used a CCminer, its not that laggy like nicehash but giving me lesser hashrate than nicehash.
Activity: 210
Merit: 174
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
March 14, 2018, 02:45:17 AM
See the OP storyline:

1. First is, is still profitable to mine using just 1 card? My plan is to try one gtx 1080ti or 1070ti (just ignore the electricity consumption factor).

2. Will it be possible to plug it on my workstation and be able to do my daily tasks on my PC and be able to mine. (What I mean is just using my onboard graphics and letting the GPU to mine.)

Answered

1. yes
2. yes

question no.1 and no.2 were clear. but OP has a problem again for a question no.2

Anyway, I already bought a card and its a 1070ti. Now my problem is that when I use Nicehash, my computer is a bit Laggy. Thus, making the PC unusable for my second purpose which was to make this as my workstation at the same time. Is there any workaround on this so I can still work while my GPU is mining?

(What I'm planning is to put directly my hdmi cable directly to board to use the onboard graphics while running my GPU) Will this be possible?

Just to add. I had been researching for the best Algo to mine using Nvidia GPU. Also nicehash shows Lyra2v2 gives much decent earning. Would love to hear your suggestions about this. Thanks

Answered

--snip--.
Can be happened because of spec your cpu such Processor, RAM.

--snip--
Yes you can do it.

but OP has a question:

Currently I'm using an i3 7th gen procie, and a single stick 8gb ram? Do I need to upgrade these parts?

seems your spec doesn't need to upgrade, its good enough for multitasking. your lag issue caused by your CPU do the mining through NH.

I think the question and the problem of OP has been clearly.

so,

Nope it is not profitable now to mine using 1 GPU due to electricity costs on the whole PC.
Except you have free electricity wall ofcourse

so, this post not relevant to OP because OP has been posted

(just ignore the electricity consumption factor).
Activity: 112
March 14, 2018, 02:25:35 AM
Hello as I said I'm a bit newbie in terms of mining. I want to try out GPU mining if its possible and got some few questions and hope that someone can help.

1. First is, is still profitable to mine using just 1 card? My plan is to try one gtx 1080ti or 1070ti (just ignore the electricity consumption factor).

2. Will it be possible to plug it on my workstation and be able to do my daily tasks on my PC and be able to mine. (What I mean is just using my onboard graphics and letting the GPU to mine.)

Nope it is not profitable now to mine using 1 GPU due to electricity costs on the whole PC.

WTF. Are you really reading the OP or just here to shitpost your way around? I have indicated that electricity is not a factor to consider.

Does it mean electricity is free for you? Totally  free? You pay nothing for it?
If yes than it is not the factor of considering. Trully. The only factor is ROI. How many monthes  it consumes to  repay the cost of system block and GPU in it. I think now it will be about 2,5 - 3  years apparently. Closer to 3 years.

Otherwise if electricity is not free for you but you think it is cheap and not is the matter of consider - you are wrong. It is matter now.

Right. So still not worth it. And I am curious, if you are using your employers electricity then the better not to continue your plan. Long ROI and possible consequences when employer knows what you did. In the end it is a no/no situation even if you own that office.

Yep, i share your point of view.
Alsa the begining with one card can be smart  decision  to  estimate  what is mining from  the inside, but also they should take  the right time.  It is not the right time now.
March 14, 2018, 02:17:22 AM
Hello as I said I'm a bit newbie in terms of mining. I want to try out GPU mining if its possible and got some few questions and hope that someone can help.

WTF. Are you really reading the OP or just here to shitpost your way around? I have indicated that electricity is not a factor to consider.

Does it mean electricity is free for you? Totally  free? You pay nothing for it?
If yes than it is not the factor of considering. Trully. The only factor is ROI. How many monthes  it consumes to  repay the cost of system block and GPU in it. I think now it will be about 2,5 - 3  years apparently. Closer to 3 years.

Otherwise if electricity is not free for you but you think it is cheap and not is the matter of consider - you are wrong. It is matter now.

Right. So still not worth it. And I am curious, if you are using your employers electricity then the better not to continue your plan. Long ROI and possible consequences when employer knows what you did. In the end it is a no/no situation even if you own that office.

LOL. You're thinking it the wrong way. I do have a workstation but it doesn't mean I'm employed to a company stealing their resources just to mine coins.

I'm a freelancer so I do own a decent workstation. Let's just be on topic.

@dimpsk. I don't consider the electricity consumption involve since I'm using it at the same time for my freelance works. I have clearly stated that just don't factor in the power consumption thingy.

You are still wrong there because power consuption on  GPU rises  dramatically when you started mining. Also probable you'll want to engage it the whole 24 hours instead of usully working schedule to  get some distinguishable amount.

So electricity costs is matter.
But if you already had computer block  and GPU in it your risks here are not very significant.  You can mine and probably earn one free pizza  in a month  (Not more for sure). Or not.  That depends  on electricity costs and coins prices.
March 14, 2018, 02:09:32 AM

LOL. You're thinking it the wrong way. I do have a workstation but it doesn't mean I'm employed to a company stealing their resources just to mine coins.

I'm a freelancer so I do own a decent workstation. Let's just be on topic.

@dimpsk. I don't consider the electricity consumption involve since I'm using it at the same time for my freelance works. I have clearly stated that just don't factor in the power consumption thingy.
Activity: 806
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 14, 2018, 02:02:03 AM

March 14, 2018, 01:55:42 AM

If yes than it is not the factor of considering. Trully. The only factor is ROI. How many years  it consumes to  repay the cost of system block and GPU in it. I think now it will be about 2,5 - 3  years apparently. Closer to 3 years.

March 14, 2018, 01:43:42 AM

March 14, 2018, 01:34:47 AM

March 14, 2018, 01:28:31 AM
Nicehash will also mine on your CPU if you don't disable it. That might be why you are experiencing lag.

I did disabled the mine on cpu in the setting of nicehash. What can I see is that nicehash is giving me a bit more hash than on CCminer.
brand new
Activity: 0
March 14, 2018, 01:20:33 AM
Nicehash will also mine on your CPU if you don't disable it. That might be why you are experiencing lag.
March 14, 2018, 01:14:26 AM
eth mining is card comsuming, my suggestion is not to mine eth, but to mine some other altcoins using algo like equihash.

right now I'm using a CCminer with a lyra2v2 algorithm. I have stop using nicehash because I can't work and mine at the same time. 
March 14, 2018, 01:12:12 AM
Thanks for the replies. Anyway, I already bought a card and its a 1070ti. Now my problem is that when I use Nicehash, my computer is a bit Laggy.

(What I'm planning is to put directly my hdmi cable directly to board to use the onboard graphics while running my GPU) Will this be possible?
Yes you can do it.

Thanks for the answer. Currently I'm using an i3 7th gen procie, and a single stick 8gb ram? Do I need to upgrade these parts?
Activity: 98
March 14, 2018, 12:58:12 AM
eth mining is card comsuming, my suggestion is not to mine eth, but to mine some other altcoins using algo like equihash.
Activity: 210
Merit: 174
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
March 14, 2018, 12:48:22 AM
Thanks for the replies. Anyway, I already bought a card and its a 1070ti. Now my problem is that when I use Nicehash, my computer is a bit Laggy.

Yes you can do it.
March 13, 2018, 11:11:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. Anyway, I already bought a card and its a 1070ti. Now my problem is that when I use Nicehash, my computer is a bit Laggy. Thus, making the PC unusable for my second purpose which was to make this as my workstation at the same time. Is there any workaround on this so I can still work while my GPU is mining?

Just to add. I had been researching for the best Algo to mine using Nvidia GPU. Also nicehash shows Lyra2v2 gives much decent earning. Would love to hear your suggestions about this. Thanks
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
March 13, 2018, 07:51:14 PM
Now really isn't the time to be buying GPU's unless you can find some really good deals.

Yeah, you might try craiglist or something. Also, you can try a cheaper card

I don't know that we share the same opinion on that.  Sure if he wants to do some experimenting and get his foot in the door, gain some hands on knowledge, buy a couple cheaper cards, but don't go building a 60 gpu home farm with 1050's right now.  You're going to be wanting to replace them with something better way sooner than you think.  I'm currently thinking I'll probably sell all of my 1070ti's at some point this summer.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
March 13, 2018, 07:41:55 PM

As others have said, yes imo to 1--I don't do 2) because I have dedicated rigs but others do. Look carefully and wait patiently for GPU prices to come down, which they should be and already are.  < $1 per sol on equihash might be impossible anymore as a price guideline (though just wait on used 10 series) but I built my farm on it before the shortage.

Don't expect big money, but stay agile and jump on new coins at the beginning if they have exchange support and you think they will go somewhere.
Activity: 448
March 13, 2018, 06:47:45 PM
How to mine Ethereum? Can  you please explain?
Activity: 560
Merit: 273
March 13, 2018, 04:44:59 PM

Mining is always profitable if you ignore the electricity consumption factor.

Of course. The only thing you can't do on that workstation are graphic-intensive operations, e.g. gaming or graphic design.
Pages:
Jump to: