Pages:
Author

Topic: New to mining need an Advice - page 3. (Read 669 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 2
March 13, 2018, 04:27:02 PM
Now really isn't the time to be buying GPU's unless you can find some really good deals.

Yeah, you might try craiglist or something. Also, you can try a cheaper card
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
March 13, 2018, 03:59:08 PM
refer to this website,you can get mining profit

What to mine-ETH
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
March 13, 2018, 03:16:46 PM
Now really isn't the time to be buying GPU's unless you can find some really good deals.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
March 13, 2018, 02:15:09 PM
In my opinion this is the best way to get started in mining, by starting small.
Activity: 616
Merit: 279
March 13, 2018, 01:44:34 PM
Hello as I said I'm a bit newbie in terms of mining. I want to try out GPU mining if its possible and got some few questions and hope that someone can help.

1. First is, is still profitable to mine using just 1 card? My plan is to try one gtx 1080ti or 1070ti (just ignore the electricity consumption factor).

2. Will it be possible to plug it on my workstation and be able to do my daily tasks on my PC and be able to mine. (What I mean is just using my onboard graphics and letting the GPU to mine.)

Yes, you can do that but the profit will not be very big. Taking into account that your workstation will use electricity for your other components, I would recommend having as many GPUs as you can fit in your workstation and of course, what your power supply can sustain.

To get an idea on what you can make with certain GPUs you can check out this website: https://whattomine.com/
Also, please keep in mind that if you have a decent processor you can also mine using it and set the priority of the CPU mining process as "low priority" to not interfere with your usage of your workstation.

Also, to see your overall workstation power consumption you can check out this website: http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/
Activity: 88
March 13, 2018, 12:44:36 PM
GPU mining is still profitable for now but only if you get the video card from manufacturer and don't pay $900+. 1080ti's make about $2 a day and have been consistently going down. With new asics and gpu's on the way I wouldn't recommend getting into GPU mining. If you happen to have the video card and want to make a little extra cash it is just fine to mine with it for now.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
March 13, 2018, 12:31:51 PM
1. yes
2. yes

I will also add that it is refreshing seeing someone post legitimate questions instead of "I have a $20,000 budget, what should I buy."
Activity: 38
March 13, 2018, 12:12:48 PM
Hello as I said I'm a bit newbie in terms of mining. I want to try out GPU mining if its possible and got some few questions and hope that someone can help.

1. First is, is still profitable to mine using just 1 card? My plan is to try one gtx 1080ti or 1070ti (just ignore the electricity consumption factor).

2. Will it be possible to plug it on my workstation and be able to do my daily tasks on my PC and be able to mine. (What I mean is just using my onboard graphics and letting the GPU to mine.)
Pages:
Jump to: