Pages:
Author

Topic: New Version (unoverclockable) ASICMiner Blade Overclock Kit - IN STOCK - page 3. (Read 15044 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
FWIW I oc's one of my blades and managed to damage it. I went with parts to set to ~13 GH @ 1.2 volts. Took it slow and did the oscillator and then one vrm. Looked good so I removed the rest of the vrm resistors and soldered new ones in. Fired the blade back up and found four chips XXXX chips 13-16. A quick look and I see that I forgot to install the new resistor for this lane, it was showing 0 volts. I powered it down and installed the proper resistor. No dice still does not work. I tried a bunch of things including going back to stock speed and voltage and the blade still does not work.  Those 4 chips show XXXX now no matter what. The board will only hash at 300-500 m/hash with about  96% error rate. I believe that all the hashing chips must be working or the board will not function properly.Had two blades now only one.  3 more on the way. Hope this saves someone else the headache.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
For anyone with blades - I'm thinking of doing another round of kits, this time with select-an-overclock. I'll have parts included to run the same overclock as on the V1 blades (~13GH), as well as ~14.4GH and ~15GH, so you could put it to the highest speed you can keep stable.

Super discounts this time, since blade prices are at an all-time low and the BTC exchange is at an all-time high.

Let's say 0.025BTC per kit, flat shipping 0.01BTC for orders of one to whatever.

If there's enough interest I'll make them available, so folks gotta let me know. Is it worth 0.025BTC and an hour of work to get 2-4GH more out of your existing equipment?

I'd on the fence, I'd love to bump blade speeds but it's finding someone locally who can do the upgrade.   Huh
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
For anyone with blades - I'm thinking of doing another round of kits, this time with select-an-overclock. I'll have parts included to run the same overclock as on the V1 blades (~13GH), as well as ~14.4GH and ~15GH, so you could put it to the highest speed you can keep stable.

Super discounts this time, since blade prices are at an all-time low and the BTC exchange is at an all-time high.

Let's say 0.025BTC per kit, flat shipping 0.01BTC for orders of one to whatever.

If there's enough interest I'll make them available, so folks gotta let me know. Is it worth 0.025BTC and an hour of work to get 2-4GH more out of your existing equipment?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Helperizer
If you don't have a hot air station, you can make your own for about $25 or so.  I put one together last night after no good luck with a soldering iron.  Will try out the new hot air setup tonight, practicing on a dead board.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/07/how-to-make-a-surface-mount-soldering-iron/
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
After some heat sinks and another fan, my OC bladev2 has been running for 3 weeks at 14.9 GH/s with no issues!

I can't wait to see what sidehack can do with the new cubes coming out. I ordered a couple from China yesterday  Smiley
legendary
It's possible with a standard soldering iron, but the crystal is definitely the tricky part - either a lot of time and care, or two soldering irons and a bit of finagling. Air station is definitely highly recommended.
Activity: 219
How difficult is the install? and approximately how long does it take please. Can this be done with a regular 7.00 soldering iron?

I would not attempt this with a traditional soldering iron. I used a hot air SMD rework station. Temp set to 431C.

Air Pump for the resistors set low to about 3.75 (just enough to blow air out the tip) any higher and you blow the resistor off the board or loosen adjacent components.

Air Pump for the crystal set to 6.5, takes quite a bit of heat to get this guy loose. This is the primary reason for using the rework station.

Air nozzle should be the same size (in diameter) as the component you are working, so you need to swap tips.

Once I got rolling and built up confidence, it would take about 15-20 minutes per board to disconnect, remove old components, install new components and test.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Sidehack, you sir are a genius!! I had no luck with 16.384, but 14.318 worked beautifully and turned all of my V2's into V1 like performers..

No heatsinks required... runs just a little warmer than stock. Notice the single V1 in the upper left corner.

You da man!!

How difficult is the install? and approximately how long does it take please. Can this be done with a regular 7.00 soldering iron?
legendary
Nifty, great to hear. I've worked up at least 10 of these boards and within my experience, running at 16.384 they really like airflow. Cooling is a bit finicky. Good to know they run without issue at the 14.3 - that's still a pretty good upgrade from standard.

Hopefully I can get my hands on more hardware as it comes out, keep the streak going giving you guys a boost.
Activity: 219
Sidehack, you sir are a genius!! I had no luck with 16.384, but 14.318 worked beautifully and turned all of my V2's into V1 like performers..

No heatsinks required... runs just a little warmer than stock. Notice the single V1 in the upper left corner.

You da man!!
legendary
Yeah, about half a dozen.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Dock.io
do you have any left for sale??
legendary
It's probably gidi337, the UK reseller.
legendary
US, or UK? UK pricing is up to gidi337. US pricing is the same.
Activity: 82
How much are kits now?
Activity: 97
hi everyone i just recieved the kits so all are welcome to pm me

regards
legendary
I'll be working up, testing and selling overclocked blades direct in limited quantities. Looking at 1.4BTC or best offer. PM for details - got a few on hand already.
legendary
Kits are on the way to Europe for distribution there, so anyone UK and whatnot needs to contact user "gidi337" about buying.

Kits will be coming with heatsinks, and are ready to ship out as soon as ordered.

Note that with the price of blade drops, this takes the hash price to above 11GH/BTC which at this scale is pretty hard to beat.
legendary
I'll have the heatsinks in hand for complete kits tomorrow afternoon; complete heatsinked kits will start shipping Thursday.

This also includes kits being shipped to a reseller in the UK, so anyone over there will have the chance to grab.

If you've already bought a kit and find you need chipside heatsinks to keep it running cool enough to hash properly, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I'm considering fetching some blades to work up and resell direct. PM me if you're interested in anything like that and we'll work out an arrangement.
Activity: 82
I would like 3 kits with the small heatsinks whenever you have them ready
Pages:
Jump to: