Pages:
Author

Topic: New Version (unoverclockable) ASICMiner Blade Overclock Kit - IN STOCK - page 4. (Read 15044 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Interested in you installing on my boards.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
I wish you lived closer, I'd just bring my blade over and let you do the magic.  Sad

Time to whip out the iron and start practicing.
legendary
I've found a good supply of what should be excellent chipside heatsinks for these blades. If the information I have is accurate they should clear just fine in backplane installations. I'll be adding heatsinks and thermal tape to the kits without changing the price, which should help out a fair bit.
legendary
So far I have shipped six kits and done one upgrade service. I'm sending several kits to an associate in the UK for European distribution; details to follow.

It looks like I also have secured a source for chipside heatsinks, which if my information is accurate should work just fine with clearances in backplane installations and should provide enough additional cooling surface to do the job well. They're basically identical to the prototyped heatsinks I have working on my test unit, and should be available with the kits in the next few days. Pricing for everything will depend on how the exchange plays in the next few days.
legendary
The first orders will be shipping out Saturday morning, US CST. I'm working on an instruction page; we were having some server trouble today and nothing got posted but it should be up by end-of-day Saturday.

I am going to recommend the end user figure out some sort of chip-side heatsinking solution; testing on my own hardware has indicated it doesn't like running with just forced-air cooling on the backside. The thermal impedance of the board vias, soldermask and silicone pad seem to be too high to keep the chips at an operationally cool temperature even with a cool heatsink.

If enough people are interested in being provided with chipside heatsinks, I may look into stocking sets of those as well, to be added to standard kits for a minimal additional fee (0.05BTC perhaps) just to cover costs.
legendary
I'm talking with a guy right now about Europe distribution. When details are ironed out we'll let you know.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
how much u whont for all parts need 5 set shipping to uk
legendary
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Where are you located?
legendary
So, here's the skinny on the kits. The first batch I'll have 55 kits available, and will start shipping either Saturday October 19, or Monday October 21.

The kit comprises entirely of surface-mount components, so access to a hot-air station and/or experience with precision soldering is highly recommended. Only one of the parts is likely to be problematic without an air station; the rest are pretty straightforward.

The total cost of the kit, to US customers, will be 0.2BTC per unit. Orders of 5 or more kits will cost 0.16BTC. This includes USPS Priority shipping from near the geographic center of the country - three days maximum.
Orders outside the US, contact me through PM to discuss the situation.

For that 0.2BTC, you get parts to overclock the new-version (unoverclockable) ASICMiner Blade, to approximatley 14.7GH/s. This is an improvement of 4GH/s over the stock model - about a 37% increase. This basically gives you a full diff-change of edge using existing equipment. The power consumption for the blade will increase from the stock rating of about 85W (around 7A) to about 140W (mine pulls 11.3A plus fans). Note this is an increase in heat generation also - I will not provide additional cooling options (if they prove necessary in your setup) because I don't know the physical constraints of your setup.
The small easy-to-lose parts will each have at least one spare included just in case.
I will also include a basic set of instructions for what parts go where and in what orientation.

For people that would like the upgrade kit applied to their Blade(s) but do not have the skills, I will be offering upgrade service for 0.4BTC with next-business-day turnaround and priority return shipping. This is not a swap for preassembled hardware; I will be working, testing and returning your own blades guaranteed. PM me for details regarding this service.

To place orders, submit payment to address 1EpQdQgAs2CrF2TYRTmdAasE5vQNPWwQCs
PM me with your desired shipping address and a link to the transaction block of your payment. I'll respond with a confirmation that your order has been received, and a tracking number for the shipment when it ships.
In the event that more orders come in than I have parts for, orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-serve basis. I'll contact those left behind for how to proceed- wait for the second round, or refund.

If anyone has any further questions regarding specifics or things I've overlooked, feel free to PM.
legendary
There's a really good thread in Custom Hardware on overclocking the USB Block Erupters (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-usb-overclocking-hacking-241652)

I've gotten USB BE's running steady at about 460; others have done much more. If you're asking about the new-version Blade overclock as discussed in this thread, mine converges to a reported rate of about 14.8GH
Activity: 281
Merit: 100
What's this about overclocking USB miners?

What hash rates can you get it to?
legendary
I'll be assembling kits starting tonight, but not all the parts will be in until probably Friday. Testing will continue through this weekend to make sure everything's top notch functional and I'll start delivering to the post office on Monday.

What I'm thinking is, after looking at all the costs associated, 0.2BTC for the full kit, USPS Priority shipping included. I can also offer upgrade service for folks that don't have their own skills or equipment, next-day turnaround and priority return shipping, for 0.4BTC
As long as that sounds reasonable that's what we'll do. I know it's a little higher than initial estimate, but it's calculated based on updated actual costs. International shipping cost/speed will have to be figured out on individual basis, and bulk discounts are available for folks buying more than 1 since shipping will combine.

I'll be setting up a wallet address specifically for this in order to keep track of things more readily, and a reasonable signed payment scheme. I know I'm sorta new to the forums, been a lurker for months but hadn't really ever posted anything. For any credibility concerns, I refurbish and sell electronics for a living - eBay/Amazon seller "midwestrefurb".
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
GREAT work sir.  Please post how we pay you and how we get you shipping address information.  Thx for the work.

H@shkraker
legendary
I should be able to start shipping parts kits on Monday for anyone looking at it. That'll give me time, I reckon, to work out some details on international shipping and a few more days to test, tweak and organize. And a few more days to work out payment and address verification requirements.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Good WORK!

Congrats.
legendary
The bulk of things can be done with a standard soldering iron and a careful hand. The oscillator, having four pads, will be the only iffy part. I used a hot air station to swap that out - did some oscillator swaps on BEs and had trouble removing them with just an iron. The pads on this one are larger and more accessible, so it should be easier.

I would recommend a hot air station for sure, but it should be possible for a well-practiced person to do with a basic iron. You'll probably want both fine and heavy tips though, because some of the pads tie directly to voltage/ground planes and take a lot of heat to flow, where some are very small and precision is needed.

All the work on mine was done over several stages with various tests inbetween, but to do one fresh start-to-finish would be the work of less than an hour even being careful.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
How hard would this be for us to do our selves? Very interested
legendary
The total board metered out at 12.35A consumption off the 12V rail

This equates to a shy 150W
Pages:
Jump to: