Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 292. (Read 371137 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 251
There is no dissatisfaction
I feel that everything will work
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Another Update...

There is a tremendous amount of impatience on the forum and we appreciate that and we appreciate your enthusiasm.

However, we all need to understand something and also come to terms with respecting this decision because it is being made for the LONG TERM vision.

We are not going to go on Bittrex or Polo until we get past the 50.000 block and get the PoSign up and running. We have more than enough programming to deal with right now and we do not need to get on Bittrex (the big game) or Polo (the bigger game) and not be FINISHED with what needs to be done.

Do you all want to cause even more FUD because things are not properly tested and working the way they are supposed to work? Of course not... But we understand and respect your inability to see the big picture because we cannot and will not report every small detail 24/7. But, if we go on Bittrex (this will probably be first) this is going to open us up to the bigger market prematurely and this can end up with negative consequences. So, we are not doing it...

Each and every one of you who are with us today are BLESSED to have found out about this coin so early on. We most CERTAINLY did not expect to go from 1 satoshi to a current ATH of 250 satoshis (that is 25,000 % growth) in less than 3 weeks. This is HUGE testament to the fact that the crypto world is STARVING for something new and exciting and I think we are it...

So, why would we want to run ourselves into the ditch and break a wheel or have a roll over, when all we need to do is drive a bit slower??

We will kick it into high gear when the time is right... Don't y'all worry 'bout dat' Wink

Thank you for understanding!!

Have a AMAZING day!

Hello Everyone!

Wallet Update...

After we started setting up STaTiC nodes, some of our fine members got the idea to try to break the node and get their coins back (as a test) and it was revealed that this was not possible. Once confirmed by both Borzalom and myself, he immediately went to work to discover and repair the issue. After about 5 or 6 hours a deep script issue was detected and fixed. At that point we were not seeing proper syncing with old clients (including the one he repaired) so the entire network needed to be updated.

We announced to the exchanges to update the source and this is why the wallets are in maintenance mode now. This will not continue forever.

For all of you, please update your wallet with the latest version found on the ANN page or from here: https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/download/windows-STaTiCpre/xtrabytes-qt.exe

We also have the MAC wallet compiled by Bumbacoin, one of our Community Members: https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/tag/osx-STaTiCpre

Anyone wanting to join our community that can help with Linux and Raspberry Pi wallets, please PM me with your email for a Slack invite.

We know this is a newly expanding industry (crypto currency) and many new people are starting to take the plunge and we welcome you. So, just make sure you follow the basic security rules and one of those rules is to not leave all your coins on an exchange (any exchange) and if you have coins on an exchange, ABSOLUTELY USE 2FA and on top of this, you should ALSO apply 2FA to your email client and Facebook and whatever other system you use that you can set 2FA up on.

What is 2FA?

This is your last line of defense from hackers... It means 2 Factor Authentication and the process is quite simple. One of the best options is Google Authentication, which is an APP you download to your smart phone and after entering your password to access the exchange, you must enter a 6 digit number. This 6 digit number automatically changes every 30 seconds, 24/7 whether you are looking at the APP or not...

Therefore, anyone trying to access your account has to know your password and has to have your phone...

The moral of the story is: don't give your password to the person who stole your phone Wink and you should be safe. Wink

As for the wallet maintenance... be patient. We will be rolling again soon!!

Thanks and have a great day!!

Activity: 384
Merit: 103
I feel like as long as we are only on ccex and yobit particularly yobit the price will never really soar. They manipulate the price up and down as they wish.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
 To deposit just send cryptocurrency to generated address. To generate - click "Get new address".
Important! Send only direct deposits to your C-CEX address. We do not support non-standard transactions or smart contract forwards.

Pending deposits:
Currency   Amount   Transaction ID   Confirmations   Note
XBY   199205.08794169   8e13a5b2b77483ffc62701c5a8970b0660877c7a583ab2e6ec858c83fa4637df   3 of 7   Waiting for confirmations...

Activity: 102
Merit: 11
DEPOSIT XBY
Wallet status: Delayed (37157 blocks
)
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
who can tell me the pob how to work,and the difference with pow,pos.
Activity: 33
Forgive me if this was explained in this thread.

Let's say I want to host a STaTiC node as I have about 100k XBY and am seriously considering going all in for this.  What are the PC requirements to host such a thing?

As long as you can run the wallet you will be fine. Its not mining, the node is offline once set up.

You need 500,000 for a node and 100 for fee so 500,100 exactly in your node wallet.
Activity: 7
Forgive me if this was explained in this thread.

Let's say I want to host a STaTiC node as I have about 100k XBY and am seriously considering going all in for this.  What are the PC requirements to host such a thing?
Activity: 49
Merit: 20
why doesn't the wallet to the exchanges,hanging coins,how long to wait?What's the matter?HuhHuh??
You may want to look at this answer to a question I posted: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/53098/what-is-meant-by-maintenance-of-a-crypto-currency-wallet
Don't worry wallet maintance is common usually resolves after 1-2 days or less. Has happened to me many times
Thanks, you made half of my day  Smiley The other half, hopefully, will happen when I get access to my XBY.

What exactly is "Maintenance" ?

As Trumpman says, this is common. In fact there are several coins in Maintenance at the moment. They are probably updating for us but I have contacted the Top Support and will await a response.

Thank you so much. This is very appreciated.
If it is just a question time, I can live with it. Though, 1 day long seems to me a bit long. Thanks for getting involved.
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
Regarding wallet maintenance on exchanges.

RULE: Before doing any withdrawals or deposits always check exchange wallet status to avoid eventually problems or headaches  Wink

XBY on C-cex is still in maintenance mode (all deposits and withdrawals are disabled for that coin).

https://c-cex.com/?id=ws

Happy trading  Cheesy
Don't worry wallet maintance is common usually resolves after 1-2 days or less. Has happened to me many times
Thanks, you made half of my day  Smiley The other half, hopefully, will happen when I get access to my XBY.

As Trumpman says, this is common. In fact there are several coins in Maintenance at the moment. They are probably updating for us but I have contacted the Top Support and will await a response.

I read the complete story of how the new XBY came about, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1793468.0;all
That's one adventure. Kudos to CCRevolution and Borzalom and all the others who are involved in reviving XtraBYtes! I cannot refrain myself thinking - If such people are ready to go all the way through this trouble trying to revive a gone-bad crypto currency, then they must be serious and honest. Any scammer would certainly not go to that length and trouble just to continue an unfortunate scam. Like one member mentioned: "why not starting a brand new currency instead of trying to revive one that went haywire?" My guess is it's because these people did not drop the towel after being scammed they decided to do something about it and that is remarkable. Thanks you CCRevolution and Borzalom. I was inspired when I read the whole thing and I decided to invest in XBY.
Bad decision. Guys I am sorry to say this but it seam your team neglected some details. C CEX, are they trustable? I opened an account with C-CEX and enthusiastically started the venture of getting myself 1 millions XBY! Wow, now I am ready to become a millionaire! The problem is: I am now stuck with 575000 XBY that I cannot recuperate into my local wallet because C-CEX "apparently" must "Maintain" my account?  It's been going on for over 24 hours now. What it means exactly has not been revealed by C-CEX so far, despite my many attempts to get explanation and correcting the problem. I don't know what to think of these people up till now but permit me to make a suggestion. Find another exchange for your XtraBYtes if you want people to create Statics.  So far, I managed to purchase my 1 million XBY but I am out of 575000 that I cannot touch and God know when they are going to be released.

This is a $1200 disaster.  Not a pretty picture ! Any suggestion anyone ?

Well, I started out reading a nice story about someone who see's what happened and like so many others appreciates it and we thank you for the kind words. However!!

I will be contacting them immediately. There was wallet maintenance because we did a fix yesterday and asked them to update the source files. So, this could be a result of that. However, the way you have worded it seems odd. So, we will contact them.  

Thank you for letting us know!

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

If this coin is progressing there should be a lot of buys but I'm seeing a lot of dumps instead,new name same system,the dev should prove his innocent of course yobit bot might  has something with this but it cannot go on for days,there should be improvements.

XtraBYtes is new... it has been pulled from the ashes by this community. You are FUDing... I can see by your level of experience in the forum that you know exactly how trading goes and to say what you have said is only good for casting doubt Smiley We have VERY high buys over the last few days. A coin of such low satoshi value to be on top trader at C-CEX and also in top 15 on Yobit is indicative of VERY HIGH trading.

Patience people... lets see where our price is after the next 3 months have passed. I personally am very excited because I know what is coming... I just cannot reveal all plans yet.

Hello and thanks for this fantastic new coin. If I was a dev I would like to do it like this too.

When you say new things are coming - does that mean in addition to static nodes, or a new feature besides static nodes?

There are many future plans that we are not revealing yet. Right now we are focusing on Phase 2 and also working very hard as a community to get our Internet and Social presence in line with community expectations. Once we have this in place, we will announce new things coming and wrap this up in promotions that attract more people to our community and ultimately more customers down the road as we grow into the XtraBYtes Community Corporation we are now setting up the foundation for.

Thank you for your interest!!

I do agree with that the first post should be revamped and anything missing in it be added, new site needs to be completed. New site graphics are fresh, modern and pretty cool. The first post should match that theme design, along with social media accounts, cmc...etc

Going to be honest here, if I was just visiting this thread for the first time I'd probably just close the tab and look at the next thread/coin.

Working on static nodes is the first goal off course but having a presentable  project is needed to get more users involved and registering nodes.

Twitter is a pretty good place for promotions.

I believe before anything else, this needs to get on a proper exchange...that itself provides some good marketing among traders (lots of twitter posting). I believe Cryptopia would be the first good exchange this should be on even before block 50k.

Alot of people listen to the reputable traders on twitter, when yobit is considered one of the shittiest exchanges...well people aren't interested at what coins it adds either.

All good points but keep in mind this is grass roots developed and still in it's infancy stage. I'm sure a clean new site is a priority, but again, this is still very early on in it's development, not to mention the fact that it grew much quicker than anticipated. These guys are busting their butts, helping others with setting up Static Nodes, answering questions, working on website etc. i know they appreciate your input and are working tirelessly towards the same things that you mentioned. I think that as more people come on board, who are able to look objectively at what is going on here, they will see the value of Xbytes and become contributors. These guys have been transparent from the beginning and are looking for people who believe in this and want to chip in and become a part of it's growth.
Activity: 25
why doesn't the wallet to the exchanges,hanging coins,how long to wait?What's the matter?HuhHuh??

Activity: 33
Hello,

I've been carefully following what is happening with this currency and I would like to contribute to the cause.  I am front end developer and I would like to propose my services for your website, since it looks a bit rough. I know that you are all about the technology, the way it's build and you don't have time for "visuals" but I think it could significantly contribute to the way people perceive your venture. I'd be happy to build you a starter better looking static website absolutely free of charge. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Kind Regards,
Ghosty

There is quite a lively design work being discussed on the slack channel. I would join and see what needs they have.
Activity: 3
Hello,

I've been carefully following what is happening with this currency and I would like to contribute to the cause.  I am front end developer and I would like to propose my services for your website, since it looks a bit rough. I know that you are all about the technology, the way it's build and you don't have time for "visuals" but I think it could significantly contribute to the way people perceive your venture. I'd be happy to build you a starter better looking static website absolutely free of charge. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Kind Regards,
Ghosty
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
Hi,

If I have 1000200 XBY, can I run two static nodes at the same time? and if yes, how? (because I can't run 2 instances on same comp)

Thanks
Jump to: