Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 342. (Read 371139 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Save and SECURE your STaTiC Node Private Keys

After you have set up your STaTiC Node, it is highly recommended that you save your private key and this is best done by printing on a piece of paper, rather than a digital copy that can be lost or damaged. In fact, multiple copies of digital and hard copy is never a bad idea (with 1 under the dogs bed also) Wink

So, to get your private key, go to EACH STaTiC Node wallet and also your SPENDABLE wallet and follow the instructions below:

Click Help > Debug Window > Console

At the bottom cmd box, enter the following: dumpprivkey HCEDWswDI98.... (this is the receiving address of the STaTiC Node you are working securing) and press enter.

Now you will see the Private Key (the longer address) and this is what you want to save, but be sure to include it with the corresponding wallet address to avoid confusion if you have many.

These are the first steps in setting up a STaTiC Node with Windows:

1.) Download XtraBYtes Wallet:

a.) Save in its own directory (ie. D:\XBY ) [Make whatever path you want, but this example uses this sequence.]
              b.) Run wallet and allow the blockchain to sync [You can still copy your address for later steps while syncing.]
              c.) Transfer spendable coins to this wallet if you have extra for your own security [Do Not Send STaTiC Node Coins here if buying the exact amounts because each transfer has a fee of 100 XBY.]

2.) Creating STaTiC Node Address:

a.) Open cmd window [Start button > Type cmd in Search Programs and Files (click enter)]
              b.) Type the following commands: d: (click enter) cd d:\XBY (click enter) dir (click enter) [Notice that at this point you can see the directories in the XBY folder and next we will add your new directory.]
              c.) Type the following commands: mkdir staticnode (click enter) dir (click enter) [Notice that you can now see a new directory called "staticnode".]
              d.) Type the following commands: xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode (click enter) [Now a new version of the XtraBYtes wallet will start and this will be empty (assuming you have coins in your original "spendable" wallet) and therefore it is a completely different wallet.]

NOTICE - DO NOT CLOSE CMD WINDOW [Unless you want to type all the commands again later.]

3.) Sending XBY to YOUR new STaTiC Node Address:

a.) Go to RECEIVE COINS on the XBY STaTiC wallet and right click on the address to copy it, then paste in notepad for later use.
              b.) Option 1 - Send exact amount of coins directly from C-CEX to YOUR STaTiC Node. * Option 2 -Send available coins from SPENDABLE WALLET [original main wallet] to YOUR STaTiC Node.

Option 1:
              i) Go to C-CEX and do a transfer of 1.000.000 XBY (updated) to the address that is pasted in your notepad [YOUR STaTiC Node address in the other wallet.]

Option 2:
              i) Exit your STaTiC Node Wallet
              ii) Open MAIN wallet [use xtrabytes-qt in your XBY directory]
              iii) Send 1.000.000 (updated) to the address pasted in your notepad [YOUR STaTiC Node address in the other wallet]
              iv) Exit your SPENDABLE wallet
              v) Open your STaTiC Node Wallet by revisiting the CMD window and click the up arrow key to reload the last command, which was xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode (click enter) and now the STaTiC Node Wallet will start again and if your coins will arrive or they have arrived already [provided you made no mistakes].

For additional STaTiC Nodes, you can follow the same steps in section 2 with the exception that you must use different names, such as:

mkdir staticnode2
mkdir staticnode3
mkdir staticnode4 and so on to however many you will have... and this must be completed with the other section of the commands with:

xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2
xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode3
xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode4 in order to start each wallet and at that point you will continue with section 3 to get your XBY transferred over to YOUR other STaTiC Nodes.

Moving between wallets:

If you do not close the windows cmd box, this is very easy because you can just click the up arrow on your keyboard to bring up the last command, which was to open a wallet (xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode). So, you just change the ID of the wallet (xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2 etc.) and click enter. Otherwise, you will have to re-type all the command prompts to get the directory opened again and then you will finish with entering the open command for whatever wallet you want, such as xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode or xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2 etc.

Also Note:

We discovered that you do not have to send all 1.000.000 coins in 1 transaction. The system will recognize multiple transactions that eventually add up to 1 million XBY. Just keep in mind you are paying a 100 XBY fee for each transfer you do.

Part 2: Registering your STaTiC Node will come ASAP after Borzalom has completed the programming.

Please let us know if there are any errors in these instructions as you go through your own setups.

Thank you!!

Disclaimer:

OK, I normally get Borzalom to verify technical stuff but I think we are OK here after spending a few hours over the weekend getting this set up together and he is not available right now. If there are any mistakes I will correct the instructions and if we need anything else added, I will edit and add... This is also getting posted now because I have the chance to get this important post at the top of page 7.

Please note the part above just about not having to send all 1 million in a single transaction. So, please do a small test (or wait 'til later) of like 500 XBY before you transfer the whole lot... This is always recommended but especially since these instructions are NOT VERIFIED by Borzalom. EDIT - Borzalom has verified and all is correct.

Activity: 367
Merit: 100
Thanks for the tip, @onnz423alt.  I hit that too, and just gave up at that point.

Once past that line, I needed to install the boost and berkeley db dependencies:

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev

but now I'm stuck on:
Code:
In file included from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/context.hpp:786:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl.hpp:19,
                 from xtrabytesrpc.cpp:23:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp: In constructor ‘boost::asio::ssl::context::context(boost::asio::ssl::context_base::method)’:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:91:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_method());
                             ^
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:94:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_client_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_client_method());
                             ^
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:97:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_server_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_server_method());
                             ^
make: *** [obj/xtrabytesrpc.o] Error 1
any tips for resolving this?
Updating my node 212.24.104.24 to version on this repo: https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes
If anyone is having this problem while compiling:
Code:
groestl.c:3122:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/groestl.d

Do this since it worked for me:
go into the Xtrabytes root folder of the source and write this:
Code:
mkdir -p src/obj/XtraBYtes
cd src/leveldb && make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a

That should help with the compiling, hope this was helpful for someone!
If you want to run a node for XtraBYtes but not exactly sure how to compile, let me know and im here to help with it.

Edit: the node is running, i will upload the qt for raspberry pi tomorrow because i will compile it over night.

Thank you Onni!!
So this is basically a community takeover and rebrand by the bagholders of the ico?

Sounds good I'm in!

That is a good way to sum it up...

Welcome to XtraBYtes!!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Updating my node 212.24.104.24 to version on this repo: https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes
If anyone is having this problem while compiling:
Code:
groestl.c:3122:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/groestl.d

Do this since it worked for me:
go into the Xtrabytes root folder of the source and write this:
Code:
mkdir -p src/obj/XtraBYtes
cd src/leveldb && make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a

That should help with the compiling, hope this was helpful for someone!
If you want to run a node for XtraBYtes but not exactly sure how to compile, let me know and im here to help with it.

Edit: the node is running, i will upload the qt for raspberry pi tomorrow because i will compile it over night.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
So this is basically a community takeover and rebrand by the bagholders of the ico?

Sounds good I'm in!
I am a big fan of the aim and the history of how the team came together.  

I think on a forward looking basis it is probably worth getting some more help to the team with more team members to help when things get tough/life gets in the way .

Once I get my wallet sorted (which I plan to do in line with getting a pair of static nodes online) i'll donate to the right link to support the cause.

Good luck.

Awesome! Thank You!! And Yes we are definitely looking for more of the right people to get involved directly... We welcome ALL helpers and contributors (this relates more to development contributions than XBY community donations) because as you clearly recognize, time is a valuable and diminishing resource and we each only have 24 hours in a day to spend.  Smiley

Activity: 173
An Unusual Opportunity:

How often in your crypto journey have you stumbled upon a solid DEV team that released a coin at 1 satoshi? I don't know this to be a fact, but it would not surprise me if this NEVER happened before...

In general we see coins launch with some sort of pre-determined (somehow they value themselves) amount of satoshis and this can have lots to do with: the amount of coins, the project itself, the money behind it, the people behind it and/or the time and money spent to that point (among other factors I am sure). With all that taken into account, I think coin operations generally try to launch themselves in the ballpark of where people will accept them or they will highball it and let the chips fall where they may. When the latter happens (even the former), this can leave many bag-holders or disgruntled individuals who cut their losses and move on before profits come their way. Then of course there are scam coins that are designed only to trick people into believing there is something, when really there is nothing except a black hole (Bitmox and many others).

Realistically... it is always somewhat of a crap-shoot when we get involved with investing our Bitcoins into a coin. This is true even for established coins because of the sometimes incredible volatility of prices moving up and down, offering opportunities for BOOM and BUST on the same swings of the bats at the markets.

However, more often than not, if there is a decent DEV and a decent Project, people will buy and hold and prices will slowly climb and we should be able to look at the next 10 years and be able to see that (as the rest of the masses join us) baseline coin prices will steadily increase for each respective operation.

Now let's take a look at XtraBYtes:

This is definitely a VERY unusual situation (opportunity) and one that even myself and Borzalom are still amazed that we stumbled into, because everything was totally by chance...

• A 25 year veteran programmer with 7 or so years of blockchain experience fell into the Bitmox trap.
  • A 20+ year veteran of sales and marketing with about 18 years of online experience fell into the Bitmox trap.
  • After about 3 weeks of watching the activity of Bitmox dry up, the programmer decided to take charge and started doing "CPR" on his Bitmox investment.
  • About 2 weeks later, the marketer decided to do some digging and found a thread and offered to help the programmer with a PM followed by a forum message.

Below is my first message EVER posted on Bitcointalk and it is in response to a help request by Borzalom:

Below are the first few messages I sent to Borzalom:

http://xtrabytes.club/images/BitmoxToXtraBYtesStart.jpg (Large image and reducing was making it blurry, so I just put the url if you want to read my first messages sent)

Of course, in between each message I sent was a reply from Borzalom:

http://xtrabytes.club/images/BitmoxToXtraBYtesStartReply.jpg (Large image and reducing was making it blurry, so I just put the url if you want to read his replies)

And this is where XtraBYtes started... Why?

Well, because we found that we were a good team and we both wanted to try to save our investments. But, at first we did not realize this was going to develop into what could become one of the biggest LITTLE successes in the world of Crypto.

This is where all of you come into the picture with us. You are all some variation of a: helper, supporter, encourager, investor or STaTiC Node Partner and each play a significant role in the past, present and future of this operation. Obviously this makes us all 1 big team and I personally like to operate this way. I believe in T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More).

Perhaps one of the most exciting and CRAZIEST things about the crypto world is that NOBODY can predict where a coins PEAK value will be. Nobody can come to you and say XtraBYtes will never pass 10 sats or 100 sats or even 1000 sats and quite frankly in the long run, nobody can even say there is a limit to the price of XtraBYtes. This is because at this point it is impossible to say what XtraBYtes will be in 5 or 10 years time. Maybe we will be The PREMIER Blockchain Shared Storage Service. The name sure is catchy enough to open that roadway.

At XtraBYtes you have a Solid Development Team (sure we are unknown, but we both know and use our skills very well, we get along great and we are both straight shooters that operate with honesty and integrity) and we also have a small (but growing) nucleus of our core supporters. Then when you look at the fact that our UNUSUAL beginning has us with our nice little XBY coins sitting at 1 and 2 satoshis currently... Well, you do the math!!

Also keep in mind that Borzalom and I did not drop these coins out of our hard-drives. We invested in this (just like you) and perhaps this is even more valuable in comparison to some other operations because it is not free money to us... We are working very hard to make this coin a success and this has inspired many great things so far and will continue to do the same because now XtraBYtes has LIFE and we are excited about our baby.

So, invest if you will... The water is warm... and the SKY is the LIMIT!!

PS. Stay Tuned... The first section of STaTiC Node setup instructions is almost completed, but I was inspired to write this post first!  Cool

Hey I just bought some XBY and am interested in starting a master node. 

Is there a guide on starting one i've missed?  I.e. which addresses I need to send XBT to to register my private wallet as a node?

Excellent choice!!

The guide will be coming ASAP (probably later today). I am new at this also and late last night Borzalom and I spent a few minutes getting mine set up and once we are online together again we will complete the second and final part of the process. At that point I will be able to create a simple, step by step guide.

Once again, this is a very busy weekend for many people (myself included) and we will get back on track completely once the celebration is complete.

Happy Easter!!
I am in favour of accepting the above proposal. Happy Easter to all.

Thank you Aarell, I am also in favor provided we see solid value after getting more details.

Activity: 742
Merit: 251
XtraBYtes block explorer   Blocks:   25039 Cheesy

Activity: 169
Activity: 169
Activity: 173
Hey I just bought some XBY and am interested in starting a master node. 

Is there a guide on starting one i've missed?  I.e. which addresses I need to send XBT to to register my private wallet as a node?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I am always looking at good opportunities to buy into coins early and tell my Friends on FB and twitter. I have a lot of followers on both platforms. I would love to do a blog review and a video also to get the word out if there is a little bounty bag going for a good promotion. I will buy some also on C-CEX.. I don't have vps yet but I would love to have a few masternodes nodes if possible.  Smiley

Thank you for your interest, Qiwoman2! This sounds very interesting to me and I am sure the rest of the community will agree, but we will leave it up to them to respond also. We welcome your interest in buying some XBY as I believe it is definitely in your best interest.

Regarding the STaTiC Nodes; you do not need VPS or any special super powers inside your PC. Regular computer and regular internet connections is sufficient for our STaTiC Nodes. So, pretty well anyone can participate if they see the vision.

Let's see what the community says and discuss directly after the holiday.

Thank you again for your interest and Happy Easter!

I am in favour of accepting the above proposal. Happy Easter to all.
Jump to: