Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW ZEALAND HAS OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED ALL ANIMALS AS SENTIENT BEINGS - page 3. (Read 1442 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
BetcoinRakeback.com
This thought on the matter got me to remember a movie that I watch just recently.
Absolutely Anything (2015) with Simon Pegg. His dog had the ability to tell his feelings to him half way though out the movie. It was a comedy but that is what New Zealand is talking about. Even without the ability to talk, they still have feelings to convey.
Hilarious movie with the old gang of Monty Python with John Cleese as the world destructor - Karen  Cheesy
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Moron on permanent ignore. Bye, bye forever.

I'll be a moron as soon as animals have the same feelings as humans. 
Let me know when animals feel remorse for all the other animals they kill. 

They don't, just like you and other fascists who want a permanent final solution to get rid of people "forever" if they inconvenience you in the slightest.  Maybe you're like an animal that way.
Activity: 616
Moron on permanent ignore. Bye, bye forever.
Now arrest all the animals for walking around naked, using public streets as toilets, and murdering other animals.

Well, clearly you can´t distinguish the ability to 1. think (reason) from the ability to 2. feel (sentience), most likely because of limited ability as 1. is concerned.

So you're saying animals can't feel anything when they're cruelly murdered by other animals?

Please don't be so childish.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Obviously complex animals have feelings and can experience positive and negative emotion. No rational person would deny that. But they also taste good.
Now arrest all the animals for walking around naked, using public streets as toilets, and murdering other animals.

Well, clearly you can´t distinguish the ability to 1. think (reason) from the ability to 2. feel (sentience), most likely because of limited ability as 1. is concerned.
What does this say about the animals that they butcher to eat like pigs as pork, cows as beef, chickens as drum sticks  Huh  Huh  Huh

They have feelings, so everybody in new zealand will become vegetarian?  Cheesy

I have no idea, I don´t live there. They´re probably not outlawing butchering animals altogether, at this point it´s probably about strict regulations.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
BetcoinRakeback.com
What does this say about the animals that they butcher to eat like pigs as pork, cows as beef, chickens as drum sticks  Huh  Huh  Huh

They have feelings, so everybody in new zealand will become vegetarian?  Cheesy
NEW ZEALAND HAS OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED ALL ANIMALS AS SENTIENT BEINGS – THIS IS HUGE

| March 11, 2016 |

New Zealand has set an incredible precedent by legally ruling on what nature lovers already know to be true: that animals are sentient and have feelings in the same way that we do.

This marks an incredibly shift in public perception, where previously only some animals were given the benefit of protection.

The Animal Welfare Bill that passed last month will prosecute people in animal cruelty cases and ban animal research and testing. All hunting and capture of wild animals will be illegal.

“To say that animals are sentient is to state explicitly that they can experience both positive and negative emotions, including pain and distress,” said Dr Virginia Williams, chair of the National Animal Ethics Advisory Committee. “The explicitness is what is new and marks another step along the animal welfare journey.”

“Expectations on animal welfare have been rapidly changing, and practices that were once commonplace for pets and farm stock are no longer acceptable or tolerated,” said Dr. Steve Merchant, president of the New Zealand Veterinary Association. “The bill brings legislation in line with our nation’s changing attitude on the status of animals in society.”

http://vbetweenthelines.com/index.php/2016/03/11/new-zealand-officially-recognized-animals-sentient-beings-huge/
Pages:
Jump to: