Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie first system build - page 4. (Read 2361 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
June 24, 2013, 03:30:57 PM
If the difficulty will continue to rise is possible to generate some bitcoins with for example ASIC Miner Erupter USB? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-jit-group-buy-7-1045-asicminer-erupter-usb-101618-ea-10-units-241414 Will it pay itself?
Activity: 22
June 24, 2013, 03:12:58 PM
I have read about the ASCI systems the only problem I see with those is that They have a wait time of 2 months. At least that is what they say. In 2 months this whole thing could crash and since those Mining rigs are only designed for that purpose I will be stuck with a cube that I cant sell. If I build a computer at least I can resell the cards and make some of that money back.

I understand that one video card produces around 2-400H and one of the smaller units that cost $275 produce 4-5GH.

That is a no brainer, but I am just hesitant on if this thing will stay alive for much longer.

Thanks for the replies, really helpful!!
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 24, 2013, 11:49:54 AM
Don't do it, you will never get your money back!
At current difficulty, a 7950 will "mine" 0.32BTC per month. And the difficulty will continue to rise...
An ASIC miner is the way to go now.
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
June 24, 2013, 11:33:29 AM
Don't do it, you will never get your money back!
At current difficulty, a 7950 will "mine" 0.32BTC per month. And the difficulty will continue to rise...
Activity: 22
June 24, 2013, 11:32:06 AM
Hello all. I heard about all of this Bit mining a while ago and it never really caught my attention until I went over my cousins house and saw his setup. I was interested is getting into this, but wanted to know what would be the best and most reliable system to build to get my feet wet?

He uses 3 systems running dual MSI frozr cards. He couldn't tell me if there were other cards that were better or worse.

I have 3 motherboards with single PCI-E 16 slots on it so obviously I would only be able to run a single cards.

I have been reading and everyone seems to like these Ratheon 7950 cards. I just don't want to jump into all of this and build a system that won't be as efficient for the money spent.

Any help will be appreciated!
Pages:
Jump to: