Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie miner:Please help with avalon 200ghs miner. £25 or $40 donation on offer - page 4. (Read 7361 times)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Ok ive just had it plugged into back of my wireless home router scanned with angry ip from from my computer which is also connected to router by ethenet and its not found the machine it.  It just found printer and my other computers and my home adsl router itself.

Next im going to try SILVERBOX says attempt to plugged it direct into my laptop wifi disabled
go to PC under network find Ethernet connection and setup ipv 4 address to
192.168.0.127(PC or laptop).
subnet mask is 255.255.255.0,

and default gateway is going to be my miners ip?  which i dont know do i? So do i set it to?:  192.168.0.123

What do i do then scan again with angry ip see if anything shows?

Thanks  Wink

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
Can you ssh to the machine? Try ssh to it. And try to ping something like www.google.com

Just check the internet connection for the machine.

I think the problem may be the connection to Internet.

I think the initial problem may have been something to do with the internet but at the moment i cant even find the miner and log into it at all since i did the configuration reset in the open wrt back end.  So my first hurdle is trying to get it showing again somehow so i can log in.,  I was able to log into it when i first received it on 192.168.1.139 (same as sticker on side of machine)

I wouldn't trust sticker. scan IP range and see where u r. thus machine must show somewhere in the range given. try smart IP scanner.
Can you ssh to the machine? Try ssh to it. And try to ping something like www.google.com

I think the initial problem may have been something to do with the internet but at the moment i cant even find the miner and log into it at all since i did the configuration reset in the open wrt back end.  So my first hurdle is trying to get it showing again somehow so i can log in.,  I was able to log into it when i first received it on 192.168.1.139 (same as sticker on side of machine)
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

legendary
Ive downloaded angry ip but which range should i be scanning to and from? 

Ive just logged into my bt homehub and its not showing as connected all i have is my two computers and printer.

check range from 192.168.0.1 up to 192.168.2.254
this is Chinese clone if Avalon so who knows what's really IP address have.
Ive downloaded angry ip but which range should i be scanning to and from? 

Ive just logged into my bt homehub and its not showing as connected all i have is my two computers and printer.

legendary
OK, seems that machine has different ip than on sticker. try that:

download IP scanner and see what devices can u see connected in the network. same outcome u will have if u log in to your router and under devices there will be Ethernet device IP.

once u will find IP of the miner, u need to setup like new.

Ethernet cable to your laptop or PC.

dissabble WiFi on laptop or PC
under network find Ethernet connection and setup ipv 4 address which will look like miner address but will not be the same: 192.168.0.123(miner), 192.168.0.127(PC or laptop).
subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, and default gateway will be your miner IP.

once this is done just type in browser miner IP and you are in.

setup once again pool and of you go. under network option find wan - and setup dhcp as standard. miner will choose address and from there connect miner to rougher and check again under devices what ip miner have. once u got IP just login and miner should work. if not post log info here and we will see.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures
Tried 192.168.0.100 but nothing

tried the original 192.168.1.139 which is what it came on and i could log in before but nothing now either.

Its plugged into the back of my home broadband router at the minute and ive just scanned with angry ip from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.199 and it does findthe miner at all.

Im wondering if its bricked the wrt305?

What about if i connect it direct to my laptop by Ethernet would that work?

yes, you will need to connect direct via ethernet because 192.168.0.xxx is a different subnet mask to your router. You will also need to change your ethernet subnet mask IPv4 in network settings to the same subnet so assign your computer an IP address 192.168.0.xxx then connect directly via Ethernet

from there you can change the Avalon machine IP to the correct subnet mask in your routers range, don't worry you haven't bricked it, it has just gone back to factory default IP

@smoothrunnings

These machines are not made by Avalon but they are made using the Avalon 55nm 2nd generation chips. You can buy the chips direct from Avalon by the roll. There are loads of factories in China buying the chips, making PCBA and a control board then putting them inside a case.
Haha thats probably true like most things from china
Activity: 616
Avalon doesn't make a 200GH/s mining rig. What you have is an Avalon clone/knock off.

Tried 192.168.0.100 but nothing

tried the original 192.168.1.139 which is what it came on and i could log in before but nothing now either.

Its plugged into the back of my home broadband router at the minute and ive just scanned with angry ip from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.199 and it does findthe miner at all.

Im wondering if its bricked the wrt305?

What about if i connect it direct to my laptop by Ethernet would that work?

Activity: 1218
BintexFutures
factory default setting for Avalon machines in 192.168.0.100

you will need to change your IPV4 subnet mask on your PC / laptop to 192.168.0.xxx

before adjusting CGMiner settings you need to go into startup, scrill down to CGMiner and click stop

then adjust the CGMiner settings and save and apply.

As CGMiner starts running autonatically on boot up you need to stop it before it can save any config changes

It is totally normal to receive them premined. Every supplier does it.

Hope this helps

Smiley
Hi guys would have put this in the hardware section but im a newbie so cant post .

Because with bitcoin "money talks" im offering £25 or $40 donation on offer to anyone who can fix it and set it up,  if you can do this remotely on join me that would be useful.  Sorry i cant pay you by bit coin as i haven't mined any coins as yet lol  but i will paypal you the funds if you can fix it.   Grin

Just took delivery today of an 200gh/s avalon clone? mining machine from china it looks like they've sent me a used machine (not impressed) but thought id boot it up sand give it a run.

Connected it to my pc, entered ip address (label on side of machine with ip address)

I filled out the pool details slushes and my wallet in slushes pool etc.

Unit powers up fan starts fast then settles down etc.

Everything seemed up just it wouldn't mine i noticed it had someone elses pool and network settings in there so it had obviously been used before and i was getting the following error :-

it was something like the below

luci-56acbaa
cgminer_openwrt-packages-d9bac89
socket connect failed: connection refused

tried rebooting it and and it was same i thought it may be because the other original user (in china assume) had his network settings so i thought if it could get the machine back to factory default somehow that would help me.

So i found a part on the system interface where you can back up your settings and configuration (i BACKED UP and saved it first ) then i pressed reset, it then displayed a screen saying (system erasing) the system is erasing the configuration partition now and will reboot itself when finished)

Well it was  like that for 2hr now  time just going round on timer,  ive opened and another browser and tried the ip address again and nothing comes up so i think this is some kind of master reset ive done??  ive tried the ip address 192.168.1.139 which was the one that it was on and nothing and ive tried the standard ip 192.168.1.1 nothing.

Tried switching power off and on on device it starts up as normal led goes to green the little internal router tp305n light flashes blue then goes to a constant blue led.

I have obviously saved the back up before i reset it but i dont know what to do now.   have i goosed the machine?

Im pretty mad that the supplier sent me a used machine in the first place with all his old network settings on etc ,  but now im really in it deep as i dont know what to do next with it.

Heres the last screen i saw and the back up file i took

Help ?

To make matters worse after a search ive found others reporting that the initial error i was getting and it could have been a simple router / network issue. Sad
Pages:
Jump to: