Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie - when to take profit - page 5. (Read 3373 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 13
June 15, 2019, 01:21:22 AM
I think there will be depending on:
    1. Your goal / objective
    2. Your strategy to reach the goal

1. If your goal is investment, then it should be for long term at least 2 years. If your goal is trading, you can withdraw just the profit or all capital. Next you can think for the strategy
2. The strategy can be put all the capital just into one coin / project, but most people say that "put eggs into several basket is better for safety and security". Then the profit can be invested into other potential coin/token for safety and security and also perhaps for bigger profit.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
June 14, 2019, 06:56:31 PM
This may be a silly question - Ok so I now have £700 invested in bitcoin . Let's say it goes up by £50 - do I remove the profit and leave the working capital( £700 )in bitcoin ? Or do I take the lot?

If I take the lot then when I buy back in It may pay a higher price. What do you suggest?

Depends on your target how much percent you to take profits from your capital if want to double your money or tripple your money ypu need to wait long time to get it.
But if you want get fast earn profits just put sell margin target then you can get profits and wait again for the right timing. You can leave your capital or take it off all and switch to invest in another coins.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
June 14, 2019, 06:08:48 PM
This may be a silly question - Ok so I now have £700 invested in bitcoin . Let's say it goes up by £50 - do I remove the profit and leave the working capital( £700 )in bitcoin ? Or do I take the lot?

If I take the lot then when I buy back in It may pay a higher price. What do you suggest?

Honestly, that was a tough question because our answers are based on our own approach. It's your money so you can't just apply all the suggestions and advice here as we might have different output and result in the end.

There is a so-called price range where you are comfortable with the profits earned. But remember that once you hit that SELL or TRADE your BTC back to fiat, that's it and you have to create another round of buying and look for a good entry point and expect that the wind will turn to the way you want.

Bottom line: Since you are in confusion, try to have a test. Work on getting your profits and leave your capital. Create a set of "what if" and compute what might be your earnings if you didn't take out the capital.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
June 14, 2019, 05:48:20 PM
Any profit is a profit nonetheless, but if you see the market is going well and the trend is heading towards positive directions, you just leave it as it is or place a sell order on a price point that you're comfortable taking profits in. Say for example, price is @ $8000 today, you bought in @ $7900 but the market is posed to get more gains which is projected to be somewhere around $8300 - $8400. The logical thing to do here is to not be greedy and gauge whether the market can do a push. How? Check order books in exchanges and volumes. Personally I'd put my sell @ $8100 and just wait for another entry point should my target be met early. I gained $200 easy with no stress and that's a profit already.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
June 14, 2019, 05:39:45 PM

Pages:
Jump to: