Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbies can't make posts? - page 2. (Read 1953 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 3
September 19, 2018, 12:19:18 PM
Error 500,I am sure this is a glitch and will be resolved soonest, Newbies should be patient a bit, Thymos is not removing them from the platform. Trust that admins of this great forum.
Activity: 476
Merit: 113
World-bounty.com
September 19, 2018, 11:47:28 AM
I think that those accounts have been banned of the admin, maybe because they violate some rules of the forum like spam or copy posts, .. Because other newbie account I see people still post comments normal.

I didn`t see posts from Newbies, only from Newbies Copper Members. My friend bought this rank a few hours ago and can post. So, I don`t think that it is ban.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
September 19, 2018, 11:27:43 AM
I think that those accounts have been banned of the admin, maybe because they violate some rules of the forum like spam or copy posts, .. Because other newbie account I see people still post comments normal.
World-bounty.com
September 19, 2018, 11:18:03 AM
I have one interesting thought about this situation.
It`s a glitch, 100%.
Because if a newbie cannot post the answer in the subforum for newbies, how he can up his rank? There is no way, except he will buy Copper Member. But it looks strange, to make free registration with no ability to post comments.
What do you think about it, community?
Activity: 174
Merit: 150
September 19, 2018, 10:34:42 AM
I think it's a glitch. It will be rectified very soon.
Activity: 79
September 19, 2018, 09:59:17 AM
I've seen several Newbies saying that they can't make posts or replies, is it true?is this some kind of new rule or just some temporary glitch in the system?

I have an article that can help newbie can post, people can see here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.45903051
World-bounty.com
September 19, 2018, 09:49:51 AM
I think it`s some bug. If it was a new rule, the button "reply" would disappear.
How can you be so sure? Newbies can't post with the time restrictions (that 120/60 seconds gap) even though the reply button just looks fine. The new rules don't enforce any posting restrictions but maybe a screen-shot would be helpful to know the exact issue. Also, there shouldn't be any 500 HTTP error just because you're posting from a newbie account.
I am not sure, it`s only my suggestion. I work in IT field and I little know how work web-sites and forums. In case of restriction I always will get the error and message after posting, but in this case people got an error. It looks like the forum has problems.
Activity: 175
Merit: 2
September 19, 2018, 09:46:27 AM
I think yes, they can't. My ask me why he cannot make a post and his account is a newbie.
copper member
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1293
Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32
September 19, 2018, 09:40:26 AM
I've seen several Newbies saying that they can't make posts or replies, is it true?is this some kind of new rule or just some temporary glitch in the system?
I think there is something technically wrong with the newbies.
My friend usually take part on bounty and he sent me the image mentioned below:

While I searched on google I saw the result like below mentioned image:

Exactly this is an evil IP if the account is brandnew with zero post.
In this case it is not for brand new account. It is for newbie account who has many posts.

I have suggest already the OP to get the copper membership and enjoy its benefits. theymos is very considerate on this letting a newbie to wear an avatar is a privilege already given to a newbie with even a little amount to pay!
I think you are not correct. You can't wear avatar on your profile by buying/taking copper membership. You can just post image on your post. Nothing else.

copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
September 19, 2018, 09:33:51 AM
I've looked at the Patrol page (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=recent;patrol), and most recent posts are from Copper Newbies. Nevertheless, I have spoted one or two regular Newbies there, so some are able to post. For example, this one on the Altcoin discussion board less than 10 minutes ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.45903105.

I don't know why Stiven1999 (newbie) can make new post. I can't post for a couple hours, after I get the Copper membership everything back to normal. I think it must be a bug, theymos didn't say that newbie can't post and he will never do that.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
September 19, 2018, 09:15:14 AM
I've looked at the Patrol page (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=recent;patrol), and most recent posts are from Copper Newbies. Nevertheless, I have spoted one or two regular Newbies there, so some are able to post. For example, this one on the Altcoin discussion board less than 10 minutes ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.45903105.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
September 19, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
Are you sure they are using the correct site.

If they are on a phishing site that might be the error that comes up when they try and post.

Other than that I don't know why they are seeing that error.

Thank you for the insightful comment... Of course they are on the right forum. I had like 100 newbies complaining about it, it's some bug from the recent demotion.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
September 19, 2018, 08:56:06 AM
Are you sure they are using the correct site.

If they are on a phishing site that might be the error that comes up when they try and post.

Other than that I don't know why they are seeing that error.
Activity: 490
Merit: 15
September 19, 2018, 08:52:27 AM
no 1 newbie cannot make post? or some people was banned?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1317
Get your game girl
September 19, 2018, 07:59:04 AM
I think it`s some bug. If it was a new rule, the button "reply" would disappear.
How can you be so sure? Newbies can't post with the time restrictions (that 120/60 seconds gap) even though the reply button just looks fine. The new rules don't enforce any posting restrictions but maybe a screen-shot would be helpful to know the exact issue. Also, there shouldn't be any 500 HTTP error just because you're posting from a newbie account.
World-bounty.com
September 19, 2018, 07:51:58 AM
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
September 19, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
Quite sure this is just a technical error. theymos will fix this once he's alerted on the issue.

In past newbies were restricted to Beginners & Help section only. Maybe this rule was resurrected.
Who knows? Only The ymos.
theymos has said that he doesn't want the forum to be unwelcoming to newbies. His recent comment on newbie jail:
Limiting newbie participation is very harmful for a community. Newbie jail will never return: I consider the newbie-jail period to have been extremely damaging to the forum. When barriers to participation are too high, then the best people often just won't go to the trouble of joining, and the people who are willing to jump through the hoops are often people who aren't good for the community: people with nothing better to do, scammers, get-rick-quickers, etc. Having a permanent newbie jail policy would improve things a lot in the short-term, but would end up being a fatal poison to the community.

The low signal-to-noise is a real issue which seriously annoys me and is often on my mind. But as you mention, fixing it non-destructively is difficult.
Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely
September 19, 2018, 07:29:58 AM
In past newbies were restricted to Beginners & Help section only. Maybe this rule was resurrected.
Who knows? Only The ymos.
Activity: 84
Merit: 5
September 19, 2018, 07:20:16 AM
The case about not being able to make this post, my friend experienced it.
He can't make posts or even reply to posts in this forum. Whereas before he could make posts and reply to posts. But suddenly he could not post and reply to the post
A notification always appears "This page isn't working ... HTTP ERROR 500" every time he wants to make a post or reply to a post
Activity: 148
September 19, 2018, 07:13:08 AM
Probably, they register on evil IP or get proxy ban. Usually, they need to pay small amount of money to unban it, but in some case, the evil unit is too high and it will cost a lot to get unban.
If you mean newbie that can't make post again after he post or reply thread, afaik newbie have a time limit before they can make post again.
Evil IP address proxy ban is only for those brand new accounts, but in my understanding, the poster is trying to ask if there's new rule regarding posting of demoted jr member to newbie rank and all those newbie. I've seen lots of btt demoted members were encountering a problem in posting or replying to post. Is this just a glitch or moderators are currently doing some changes in forum board rules?
Pages:
Jump to: