Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbies/Jr members please don't beg for merits. - page 3. (Read 708 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Has anyone reported such messages and is there any specific information on whether there are any sanctions?
Begging for merits isn't against any of the unofficial forum rules as far as I know, so I don't think the admins would take any actions against such a user. If they were to send a whole batch of such PM messages they could be banned for PM spamming if reported by multiple users. Besides getting tagged, I don't see any other actions that could happen for the occasional merit begging PM. 
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Aside from negative/neutral feedback, some people (especially merit source) might get annoyed and decide to put you on ignore list, which means you'll never receive merit from them.

Or some will simply report such PMs to the admin, and then such a user might lose their account in the worst case - although I believe this would only happen if someone sent a fairly large number of PMs.

Has anyone reported such messages and is there any specific information on whether there are any sanctions?
Activity: 348
Merit: 100
We can respond to quality content and keep activety, you'll  receive merit from them.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 504
It's just a matter of individual differences. No doubt, the pressure of merit often comes when, your very much close to switching to a higher rank but, your merit isn't adding up and so, you tend to beg but it's wrong, very wrong! Sometimes, these users have got to put themselves in the ranked up users shoes and think this way,
Supposing merit were just given anyhow,  what would become of the forum?
It would just be filled with users who has no idea of bitcoin and would end up spamming the forum and fill the forum with shit posts. You've got to go through the learning phase and merit ensures this and not to satisfy some selfish ignorant crypto troll.

Note: Begging for merit is prohibited and would only push you farther away from it. The ones you have cannot be taken from you but, you become an irritant to the user who is likely to avoid meriting your posts or report you or you become liable for a negative trust and these aren't funny. Let's work with the forum, it surely helps.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Strangely enough, that account was already a Jr. Member when you opened the message to capture the screenshot. He probably PM’d you, and received the desired merit over night – specifically at 04:56:24 AM (UTC) for this message content:
how much you have Windows 10 Professional - 50PC?
Not really worthy of Merit, and a bad example to follow.

But yes, asking for Merits is clearly discouraged, and some people do tag the account for that (I don’t, as the Trust System is not intended for that, but there are more than one criteria here to that effect).
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
For newbies and Jr members out there please stop begging for merits to any users here since instead of ranking up you will possibly get a red trust from the other user since begging is been discourage.
If someone sends red tag for begging merit then he/she will not use the trust system properly in other words he/she does not know how to use the trust system. A neutral tag should be fine to aware others but red tag will be unjustified.

This does not mean that those who are after merits, now they start sending pms and beg for merits. When you beg for merit this makes your low and no one likes a low man.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
For newbies and Jr members out there please stop begging for merits to any users here since instead of ranking up you will possibly get a red trust from the other user since begging is been discourage.

Just do a pure effort to have a healthy discussion and became a good contributor here since the merit you want will follow if people see your post is merit worthy.

I receive a message today from a user see pic below.

For high ranking members If you see any newbies or Jr members please advise them the proper way to earn merits so that they can improve and became better member, reporting then cannot do anything good.

Hopefully newbies will take this advice/message and will not beg for anything here.
Pages:
Jump to: