Pages:
Author

Topic: Nexious.com WARNING POOL OPERATOR IS NOT PAYING NOR RESPONDING - page 9. (Read 34876 times)

Activity: 261
Merit: 257
Sorry for the slight downtime of roughly 15 minutes, I also updated Bitcoin to 0.11.2 and migrated to a more high performance server. Issues seem to be resolved with connectivity with the testing I have done.

Philipma1957 I apologise for the issue should had, I noticed you had the wrong stratum url and yes you need to create workers for your account. I saw that you had 70TH/s so it was mining correctly once you had changed that. You may need to wait 10-15 minutes for your dashboard as it is an average over 24 hours and needs to build up.

I also checked your account and see that it is unlocked now, you also do not need to type your pin in to originally set your BTC address. If you have any more issues or suggestions please don't hesitate to pm me.
Lol, he says he updated Bitcoin to 0.11.2 yet produces a v3 block(0.11.2 produces v4 blocks).
Activity: 179
Merit: 131
Actually most pools work like this one.  The exceptions are p2pool and Eligius where the coinbase transaction is broken down into the addresses receiving the block reward.

The typical operation is for the BTC reward to go to a single address, which in this pool's case is 1GBo1f2tzVx5jScV9kJXPUP9RjvYXuNzV7.  How the coins are distributed depends on the payout scheme.  Here it's PPLNS, which is actually unfortunate because I found the block so quickly after starting, I didn't have many shares to pay.  Those miners who have been here longer and have more shares than I did when the block was found would actually make more BTC than I will.  The nice thing is that those shares are valid for however long the N value is in the pool.

When I found the block, the last time I had looked at the pool stats it showed about a 53% round - which is very nice.  It means that it took about half as many shares as expected to find the block.  That's the benefit of PPLNS pools - the more luck the pool has, the longer your shares continue to get paid.  More blocks, means more BTC for you.

Thanks for your explanation. About the N value of this pool, it was mentioned before as below.

Nexious's N value is an average over the last 5 blocks
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Well... according to the pool, I found the first block!  WOOT!

nice!

so I  get about a 6 usd payout .

https://blockchain.info/address/1GBo1f2tzVx5jScV9kJXPUP9RjvYXuNzV7

I hope  for jonny's sake it all works out.

let us know.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
I'm surprised the torches aren't already lit and the mob already running through the town screaming "Burn the witch!!!"
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Very suspicious behaviour, I suspect users should be readying their pitchforks right about now  Undecided
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Actually most pools work like this one.  The exceptions are p2pool and Eligius where the coinbase transaction is broken down into the addresses receiving the block reward.

The typical operation is for the BTC reward to go to a single address, which in this pool's case is 1GBo1f2tzVx5jScV9kJXPUP9RjvYXuNzV7.  How the coins are distributed depends on the payout scheme.  Here it's PPLNS, which is actually unfortunate because I found the block so quickly after starting, I didn't have many shares to pay.  Those miners who have been here longer and have more shares than I did when the block was found would actually make more BTC than I will.  The nice thing is that those shares are valid for however long the N value is in the pool.

When I found the block, the last time I had looked at the pool stats it showed about a 53% round - which is very nice.  It means that it took about half as many shares as expected to find the block.  That's the benefit of PPLNS pools - the more luck the pool has, the longer your shares continue to get paid.  More blocks, means more BTC for you.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Congrats johnnybravo for the block find!!! 

Hey Nexious, don't make me look like an idiot for trying to support you and your new pool.  Lets get the pool back up and running.  And lets see those payouts!!! 

Woot Woot.

You might want to save the "Woot Woot" till the payouts been made.
Activity: 179
Merit: 131
First of all, congratulation to jonnybravo0311 for finding the first ever block for this pool.

If we kept thinking positive, I think we can assume that the payment to the miners of this pool is being done manually as the transaction only goes to a single address, i.e. 1GBo1f2tzVx5jScV9kJXPUP9RjvYXuNzV7. And as this is a new pool, we can also assume that there is a problem on the setup as the admin has no experience yet in managing the payment. I really hope that is really the case.

On a side note, I am wondering why no pool (as far as I know it) explains in detail on how the payment is actually being done. As far as I know, some pools, e.g. eligius, automatically distribute the coin to the miners. Some pools, e.g. antpool, pay that manually. What is the indication that a pool do it automatically or manually? Is there any information related to this?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Congrats johnnybravo for the block find!!!  

Hey Nexious, don't make me look like an idiot for trying to support you and your new pool.  Lets get the pool back up and running.  And lets see those payouts!!!  

Woot Woot.

Edit: saving woot woot until payments have been made as suggested by itsnogood
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Nobody's present in the IRC channel either: #Nexious

I'm there... some user Torepia and Luke-Jr (not sure if that's the same one as here on the forums, but I doubt it is... why he'd be hanging around in a pool channel).
Well its not looking good.  Sad

Come on Nexious prove us wrong.
Activity: 121
Just to add to the drama - any emails sent to [email protected] are getting bounced.

Code:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain nexious.com by mxb.mailgun.org. [104.130.177.23].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 Relaying denied

Not sure if that address ever accepted mail in the first place, but since I've received a number of promotional emails from it, I thought I'd try emailing it back.

I previously replied to a couple of emails from Nexious and never received such error in return. I guess noone will get anything back from this pool Sad
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Just to add to the drama - any emails sent to [email protected] are getting bounced.

Code:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain nexious.com by mxb.mailgun.org. [104.130.177.23].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 Relaying denied

Not sure if that address ever accepted mail in the first place, but since I've received a number of promotional emails from it, I thought I'd try emailing it back.
Activity: 121
Just an hour and a half into a 100TH/s rental, I found the first block for nexious.com.  Guess the gamble paid off Wink.  Nexious' first block is 384051.

Hmmm... and now the pool website shows as unavailable.  Well... let's hope that gets sorted quickly.  Miners still show they're hashing away, so it's likely just a front end problem.

EDIT: actually, now the miners are showing the pool as dead.  That's not a good sign.  First block found and the pool's website goes dark and the miners can't connect.

First let me say WELL DONE, first block to jonnybravo0311.
But... and here comes the downer... What has happened to the web site???

Not sure what to think. I hope this is just another problem with cloudflare and not anything sinister.
update: My miners have failed over as well.

Can others check

My miners failed over as well. I have a very bad feeling about all this. I really hope I am wrong...  Undecided
Just an hour and a half into a 100TH/s rental, I found the first block for nexious.com.  Guess the gamble paid off Wink.  Nexious' first block is 384051.

Hmmm... and now the pool website shows as unavailable.  Well... let's hope that gets sorted quickly.  Miners still show they're hashing away, so it's likely just a front end problem.

EDIT: actually, now the miners are showing the pool as dead.  That's not a good sign.  First block found and the pool's website goes dark and the miners can't connect.

First let me say WELL DONE, first block to jonnybravo0311.
But... and here comes the downer... What has happened to the web site???

Not sure what to think. I hope this is just another problem with cloudflare and not anything sinister.
update: My miners have failed over as well.

Can others check
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool

Activity: 1000
Merit: 279
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Well... according to the pool, I found the first block!  WOOT!

Bravo!!! Wink
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Well... according to the pool, I found the first block!  WOOT!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
There has been quite a bit of negativity around here.  We should be supporting new pools that help decentralize and keep bitcoin alive.

Yes there have been some issues with the webpage connections, but it seems Nexious has updated their webserver late yesterday and I have not had any issues yet today.  I also want to state that there hasn't seemed to be any backend issues through all of this.  This great news and shows that Nexious has some idea about what he is doing.

I have a bunch of shares here and cant wait for me or someone else to find the first block.

The questions about the 5 BTC being in escrow is a decent question.  I haven't thought about that, but it definitely would show more dedication and trustworthiness.  

philipma - your initial issue came down to not having your worker set.  Yes this is a little inconvenient because a bunch of other pools don't require this, but it is what it is.  As far as setting your payout address, yes a little inconvenient with the pin# but I am sure Nexious thanks you for finding these issues and reporting them so he could address it.

I expect new pools to have some issues off the bat and for it to take a few days to determine the issues and resolve them.  I support small pools and will be keeping some hash here.

LETS FIND THAT FIRST BLOCK!!!

pin# is still broken can't re set it

legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Just for fun I threw 100TH/s here for the next day and a half or so.  Figured it worth the gamble Smiley.

Edit: by the way, I had absolutely no issues getting my NH order up and running.  Sorry for the problems you had with yours, Phil.
Pages:
Jump to: