Pages:
Author

Topic: Next generation 14nm mining grid - page 5. (Read 7635 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
December 05, 2013, 01:15:32 PM
Besides, just how many phones do you think are needed to even generate 1 GH/s?

I would say an iPhone 5 probably can do between 10-20MH/s, so if the got a million of those hooked up and mining, it would be about about 10-20 TH/s

That's a tall order though...
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
December 05, 2013, 01:01:08 PM
wait do you expect us to pay you a minimum of $250,000 to take part in using "borrowed" hashpower from a project that doesn't even exist yet?

Besides, just how many phones do you think are needed to even generate 1 GH/s?

either i really don't understand your post or you must think the people around here are crazy.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Firing it up
December 05, 2013, 11:30:47 AM
Will go to charity?

Only few will.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 05, 2013, 03:15:27 AM
so u will make a cellphone ming app and run a pool? and it will go to charity ?
EBM
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 05, 2013, 01:47:55 AM
EDIT:

Full disclosure and humble pie time.

Thanks to a very kind forum member who actually works in chip fabrication and has contacted me with some crucial information, we have to withdraw this. We've been told some wrong information, and by more than one source.

I would just delete this post immediately but that would be dishonest obfuscation. Not what we're about.

The app will still do plenty of other distributed computing tasks on PCs (as it does now) and on mobiles, but mining BTC on mobiles certainly won't be happening in 2014 and possibly not at all.

Apologies for the cock up. It was an honest mistake and we were acting in good faith. Hopefully this public retraction demonstrates that much, at least.

Cheers,
Mark

PS: For the sake of those seeing this for the first time and wondering what it was, it was an invitation to join our startup's Series A investment round, as we're growing quickly and raising funds to scale up.

Part of our startup's roadmap is a mobile version of our volunteer computing PC app: www.charityengine.com

We planned to use next-gen mobile SHA-256 encryption hardware - that's supposedly coming to mobile devices - to mine BTC. Wouldn't make much per device, but would be very efficient and we'd already have lots of mobiles running our app by then anyway. Hence we thought the BTC community might be interested.

That bit isn't going to happen. However, we are now looking at adding a scrypt multi-miner to the mobile version. Won't earn much per device compared to what they'll already be earning (distributed web-crawling for us, mainly) but, if it will work, we will certainly include it.
Pages:
Jump to: