Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 151. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
The make file location doesn't matter, it is linked to the filesystem within the directories.

I spent some time a while back to write documentation for the build process on Ubuntu and Debian. You can reference that here:
https://github.com/Nexusoft/Nexus/blob/master/doc/build-linux.MD

Based on your error it looks to be some issue with Upnp. Make sure you have it installed first off: sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev
https://github.com/Nexusoft/Nexus/blob/master/src/net/net.cpp#L877

You can try to build it without UPNP by using make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=0 RELEASE=1
If that doesn't work try adding -fpermissive to your CXX flags in your makefile here:

https://github.com/Nexusoft/Nexus/blob/master/makefile.unix#L85
To where that line would be CXXFLAGS=-O2 -fpermissive

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Sorry Paulthetafy, I mean to type Ubuntu server headless..

This is the requested info...

Thnxs again!!

gcc (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.1) 4.8.4
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Willy

That's weird, I've compiled with the same version of gcc on ubuntu 14.04 today without issue.
Check that you have libupnp installed...
sudo apt-get install libupnp-dev

or maybe libminiupnpc-dev instead
sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev

just clutching at straws here Cheesy

Hi again... I tried and libupnp-dev was not installed, so I installed it...

But when makefileing, it ended with errors again, almost the same...

But, one quick question, on other wallets, I'd go into wallet/src to do the makefile thinggie, but in the Nexus, the makefile is not in /src but in /nexux, so, not sure if the wallet would be using the standard install proceedure...

Awaiting your news...

Willy
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide
Great interview with the the Nexus team and YouMeAndBTC

http://youmeandbtc.com/bitcoin-podcast/nexus-creator-colin-cantrell-ymb-podcast-e102/

Wonder-full job gentlemen, very good explanations for all of our Tech.
Encourage everyone to watch.
Activity: 820

Thnxs again!!

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

Willy

That's weird, I've compiled with the same version of gcc on ubuntu 14.04 today without issue.
Check that you have libupnp installed...
sudo apt-get install libupnp-dev

or maybe libminiupnpc-dev instead
sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev

just clutching at straws here Cheesy

Thnxs again!!

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

Willy
Hi Viz, would it be possible to get a little tuto on installing/upgrading the wallet on headless linux??

Did the upgrade this morning and getting all sorts of errors...

"make: *** [build/net.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs...."

"src/net/net.cpp: In function âvoid Net::ThreadMapPort2(void*)â:
src/net/net.cpp:877:72: error: invalid conversion from âint*â to âunsigned charâ [-fpermissive]"

"src/core/difficulty.cpp:72:2: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]"

Thnxs in advance!!

Willy

what distro?  and what version of gcc do you have?

Hi, it's a Linux server headless... and... no idea what gcc is, sorry.. I feel silly, lol

TIA

Willy

I need to know what version of linux, ubuntu, centOS etc..

run lsb_release -a and post the output.

gcc is the compiler.  to find out the version type gcc --version

Hi Viz, would it be possible to get a little tuto on installing/upgrading the wallet on headless linux??

src/net/net.cpp:877:72: error: invalid conversion from âint*â to âunsigned charâ [-fpermissive]"

"src/core/difficulty.cpp:72:2: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]"

Thnxs in advance!!

Willy

Hi, it's a Linux server headless... and... no idea what gcc is, sorry.. I feel silly, lol

TIA

Willy
Hi all

I've added a new CPU pool at nexusminingpool.com port 9549.  
Minimum share difficulty is 4.7
It's a brand new highly-spec'd dedicated server, so please come and try it out!

connect in the usual way... ./coinshield_prime nexusminingpool.com 9549

Message me here or on slack if you have any trouble.

Paul

Thnxs in advance!!

Willy

Thnxs in advance!!

Willy
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Please update your wallets to version 0.2.0.2. This includes updates to seed nodes, database, and core LLP for Unified Time functions.

I'm seeing some nodes that appear to be running older wallet version which can cause some small issues as time goes on if your clocks drift further.
https://github.com/Nexusoft/Nexus/releases/tag/v0.2.0.2

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 339
Merit: 266
Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain
Just a reminder to join us on Slack, send an email to me [email protected] or PM me on here!
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
we are working on it to get NEXUS listed on chainz same as DMD

a professional high respected coin explorer will make NEXUS better visible

and also free dev resources for other tasks if no longer needed to develop and maintain own explorer

if we join a community like we joined NEXUS we not only take we also give

DMD Diamond and the Foundation behind opened a lot of doors the last few years

and we will make sure NEXUS get into some of the rooms behind this doors too

great technology is one part of the game and there u have i would say a "hall of fame" player in ur team already

but to go serious for the big game a team is needed that fill other slots too

Activity: 86
First? This must be like the fifth time now 😎

im late at this party  Grin

Train hasn't left yet Smiley I'm hoping for one last dip to the 3-400 range. Probably not happening again tho...

Not going to happen mate, the train will leave soon. A coin like that with a dev like that it's a miracle one can still invest in it so cheaply. Don't want to be a Messiah but I envision a flood of BTC once certain things happen and Niro gets better marketing exposure.

Don't be greedy and cheap this coin has xMULTIPLE growth potential in a short period of time so enjoy the low price while it lasts Smiley

Looks like we're closing in...

Wait for it.. wait for it.. Smiley

I think long term, persistence and ingenuity is the key here and this project has lots of it.
Appreciation of price will come with time organically as more people find out about Nexus tech.
Of course everything can be sped up and once things take traction this baby will fly.

Talking about Diamonds first time today went to the website, It looks very nice and neat and the block explorer as well, good job        

http://bit.diamonds/
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/
It needs a better block explorer, every time I try to put an address it says Invalid Input. Try Again..., and when you navigate the website with internet explorer (I know is shit) and go to plataform the website doesn't show the content properly it goes to left side of the screen, these factor might be a bit of a set back for potential buyers as image and quality are very important.

A few block explorers.

Dash      https://explorer.dash.org/chain/Dash

Ethereum one looks nice with a lot of info for the users      https://etherchain.org/

Bitshares (I don't like this one)   https://www.cryptofresh.com/
Activity: 774
Merit: 554
CEO Diamond Foundation

im late at this party  Grin

Train hasn't left yet Smiley I'm hoping for one last dip to the 3-400 range. Probably not happening again tho...

Not going to happen mate, the train will leave soon. A coin like that with a dev like that it's a miracle one can still invest in it so cheaply. Don't want to be a Messiah but I envision a flood of BTC once certain things happen and Niro gets better marketing exposure.

Don't be greedy and cheap this coin has xMULTIPLE growth potential in a short period of time so enjoy the low price while it lasts Smiley

Wait for it.. wait for it.. Smiley

I think long term, persistence and ingenuity is the key here and this project has lots of it.
Appreciation of price will come with time organically as more people find out about Nexus tech.
Of course everything can be sped up and once things take traction this baby will fly.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500

im late at this party  Grin

Activity: 339
Merit: 266
Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain
translate thread niro to bahasa indonesia  Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14451966

hatur nuhun

donate:
niro: 2RV7XfZkmdnns57NiCDCuu6KVvhiNyviCnq1GEBpNXAmQjCC3w9
btc: 1DBdvZfAFVx3oZb2Zy1UWLdS7R5uGB2hiL

Great job!  Thanks for taking the time to translate and create that thread.  Please keep us posted if people over there have questions.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
translate thread niro to bahasa indonesia  Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14451966

hatur nuhun

donate:
niro: 2RV7XfZkmdnns57NiCDCuu6KVvhiNyviCnq1GEBpNXAmQjCC3w9
btc: 1DBdvZfAFVx3oZb2Zy1UWLdS7R5uGB2hiL

im late at this party  Grin

I do not think that this coin will greatly increase in value.
As any technology associated with the crypto currency is Open Sorce, what is available for this coin can always be used for another.
If other developers felt that the NEXUS contains elements of code that can increase security for their coins, they will just use it for their own purposes.
In addition, in the system NEXUS will  78 million coins.
This is quite a large number for that would this coin is a valuable digital assets.
Because in the near future is expected to decrease in the Bitcoin block reward, I also think that the flow of investment through btc for other coins will be reduced.
In general, there is no guarantee that after a while we will not see another new coin that will contain a greater degree of protection than the NEXUS.

Anyone today who is going to buy any coin the must to clearly understand the difference between a short-term increase in prices and a steady increase in value for the investment.
The older the coin so it is more stable in its position in this market.

It's not large number, have you seen the number of coins on Dogecoin, NEM, Bitshares, Digibyte?  coins with way bigger market capital than Nexus and daily volume as well, and is truth, security is not the only feature Nexus will bring, I will just mention here one of the main ones, Transactions with no fee, if you need a crypto to get to the masses that don't want or can't pay ever rising fees for their transactions and micropayments, Nexus will be the one that'll provide that service.

Bitcoin block reward halving, maybe for a time price will go up but if deep changes are not made to the core of the protocol Bitcoin is doomed, at the moment Bitcoin is centralized just look at how much trouble is having to implement just a simply increase in block size, DASH did it in a breeze, also Bitcoin is not as secure as newer coins and is slow as fuck, in 2016 Bitcoin is the king of crypto if it remains the same centralization as right now lets see in 10 years. ( I love Bitcoin BTW and everything it brought with it, but centralization is slowly destroying it)  

And regarding that old coins are in a more stable position, you are right as well, the thing is that eventually the purpose of a cryptocurrency is to succeed and get used by the masses or a vast number of people, I don't care how old Litecoin or even Bitcoin are, in their current state of development they just can't handle the flood of transactions.

Go to the first page and take a look on what's coming, get in soon or miss this boat.

Jump to: