Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 168. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
Good Info, have a basic condenser mic routed through m-audio fast track ultra that I use to record my music, routed Patrick through to his own channel, but he was using a basic headset. Will get better, removed from soundcloud until I release new version. Once we get it dialed in on what everybody likes we will continue on that same template. This podcast should be considered beta until we tune in the content and style to that we are going for.

The biggest thing is freeing ourselves from an oppressive system. How this comes about should be elucidated in these podcasts as the history of the ideals and how they develop.

If you would like to give input on this first podcast PM me, and I'll send you a link of the original. I want to dial this in as something people can listen to as something that helps them realize the vision of what we are doing, and how it will bring change to the world as we know it. More input == more output.

The true change comes from us choosing a different way, the question then lies in, what way shall we all go?

Thank You,
Viz.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Thank you for the very helpful feedback.  I agree with you.  I will need to setup a recording device, I do have a good microphone and Videlicet has a good one as well.  I will set it up.

My question re Nexus:  what role can Nexus play in crypto world that seems will become dominated by etherum and it's closed source clones ?

Keep in mind we are building Nexus for the long-term.  This is a life long project for us now, we will maintain the network and have our own blockchain and build some amount of commerce around the the Nexus blockchain token, currently known as Niro.  As you can see from politics of Bitcoin, it's very hard to make big changes to a network protocol once a lot of users are using it and invested in it.  So, right now, we are building Nexus slowly but with much discussion and feedback from a small community.  Nexus is a super secure, super decentralized network protocol with a mechanism for continued development.  We are building the Nexus blockchain, we are building the real long-term strong community, and we are building a protocol for which we can develop applications.  Our plan is to eventually hire more coders.  We do plan to fund Nexus development, and the developer keys are what allow us to afford to do that.  We are already partnering with many people for different projects utilizing land and business.  It's all long-term, community usage.  

Activity: 407
Merit: 254
Whoops.  Sorry guys, I posted it a little too soon!

I didn't realize it was still work in progress Tongue

But good feedback so far anyways.  We definitely want to make the questions and answers engaging.  That's why we ask for your input.

Do you have any questions you would like answered?  Just list them and I will put them in my next list.

Thanks!
a few more more or less random thoughts:

What is interesting about this podcast is you guys, not the way you produce radio shows.  Videlicet has a very unique speech and thought pattern, that's what makes the show....also what makes your coin.

the MLK quotes are great but way too long.  Keep them, but less is more.
same with the music. Make layers of sound, mostly you're playing one track at a time.

When you segue bring in the new clip before the old one fades out.  Don't dilly dally. It's nice to give us a moment before a new phase or train of thought, but a tiny moment is all that we need; we'll hit pause if we want to.

Mic technique is ok, but you can get much richer voices.  There are great clones of Neuman ( and other) microphones available very cheaply.

My question re Nexus:  what role can Nexus play in crypto world that seems will become dominated by etherum and it's closed source clones ?
legendary
Whoops.  Sorry guys, I posted it a little too soon!

I didn't realize it was still work in progress Tongue

But good feedback so far anyways.  We definitely want to make the questions and answers engaging.  That's why we ask for your input.

Do you have any questions you would like answered?  Just list them and I will put them in my next list.

Thanks!
Activity: 799
Hey guys, we recorded this 1st podcast a few days ago.  If you guys want to check it out, and give us some feedback.  It's our first one, and was a good learning experience to get a process down.  We hope to produce one each week, and we want to encourage people to give us questions they would like answered.

So, if you have any questions for the next Podcast, please let us know.  If you want to participate in the Podcast, also please let us know.  Thank you.

https://soundcloud.com/nexusoft/nexus-podcast-e1-1

"We can’t find that track.

Did you try to access a private track while not being signed in?
Maybe the track has been removed."

Podcast removed already?
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
Hey guys, we recorded this 1st podcast a few days ago.  If you guys want to check it out, and give us some feedback.  It's our first one, and was a good learning experience to get a process down.  We hope to produce one each week, and we want to encourage people to give us questions they would like answered.

So, if you have any questions for the next Podcast, please let us know.  If you want to participate in the Podcast, also please let us know.  Thank you.

Bit boring, lost focus after 5 minutes. Why you put so many music into it?
Activity: 407
Merit: 254

nice to hear your voices and thought patterns.

Let's build some guitars ! (and amps )
legendary

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
update coming soon? Had to restart wallet and this loading is well bad takes ages
Activity: 585
New 1st post is much better now.
Great work Nexus team! Thank you Smiley

Agree, it's looking great Cheesy
Activity: 339
Merit: 266
Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

Thanks!  We are glad you like it.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
Looks great just one small thing;

Hashing: SK-1024, SK-576, SK-512, and SK-256 used in all hashing. Pure SHA3 using Skein and Keccak.

Keys: 571 Bit Private Keys compared to 256 bit in other currencies. Using NID_sect571r1 as the algorithm.

Difficulty: Calculated with time overlaps and true % over bounds, using weighted block average over past 5 blocks.

SK-1024: Using Skein-1024 and Keccak-1600 for GPU PoW to produce a 1024 bit output hash used for the block hash providing the highest security.

Prime: Searching for Dense Prime Clusters as CPU PoW, finding these clusters of numbers that are ~308 digits to verify prime density in large numbers.

I would rearrange the sk-1024 and Prime lines to be directly below the Hashing heading since they are directly related to each other.
Also max interest rate is 3%.

Good idea. Will rearrange that way.

Skunk,

Ah you need to compile some of your dependencies as static to run static binaries, I have the makefile static so that dependencies are compiled into the release. Thanks for your feedback Smiley

------------------------

Crypthos,

Yeah InstantX and it's clone ZeroTime (Vanilla Coin) are just network level messages to lock transaction inputs from the memory pool to prevent Finney attacks among others, it does make 0 confirmation safer, but isn't as secure as the blockchain, in some respects they remove a lot of the blockchain security model to supplement faster transactions, where I believe the true speed can come from simultaneous processing, or multiple "branches" in which block chains operate on their own branch for each mining channel, that can give us a 3x increase in processing capability and reduce orphans at the same time. This way attacks would be pushed to individual branches therefore even under a 51% attack on particular channel,  it wouldn't affect the other branches. Working up the architecture too to elimate 51% attacks once and for all, but this will be very tricky to get it right  Wink

Thank You,
Viz.

What about to put as a Pending Feature that Nexus is 51% Attack Resistant, as Videlicet said a few post back that he'll be working on this feature in the future.

Good point.  We will discuss how to word this.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Skunk,

Ah you need to compile some of your dependencies as static to run static binaries, I have the makefile static so that dependencies are compiled into the release. Thanks for your feedback Smiley

------------------------

Crypthos,

Yeah InstantX and it's clone ZeroTime (Vanilla Coin) are just network level messages to lock transaction inputs from the memory pool to prevent Finney attacks among others, it does make 0 confirmation safer, but isn't as secure as the blockchain, in some respects they remove a lot of the blockchain security model to supplement faster transactions, where I believe the true speed can come from simultaneous processing, or multiple "branches" in which block chains operate on their own branch for each mining channel, that can give us a 3x increase in processing capability and reduce orphans at the same time. This way attacks would be pushed to individual branches therefore even under a 51% attack on particular channel,  it wouldn't affect the other branches. Working up the architecture too to elimate 51% attacks once and for all, but this will be very tricky to get it right  Wink

Thank You,
Viz.

What about to put as a Pending Feature that Nexus is 51% Attack Resistant, as Videlicet said a few post back that he'll be working on this feature in the future.
Activity: 799
Looks great just one small thing;

Hashing: SK-1024, SK-576, SK-512, and SK-256 used in all hashing. Pure SHA3 using Skein and Keccak.

Keys: 571 Bit Private Keys compared to 256 bit in other currencies. Using NID_sect571r1 as the algorithm.

Difficulty: Calculated with time overlaps and true % over bounds, using weighted block average over past 5 blocks.

SK-1024: Using Skein-1024 and Keccak-1600 for GPU PoW to produce a 1024 bit output hash used for the block hash providing the highest security.

Prime: Searching for Dense Prime Clusters as CPU PoW, finding these clusters of numbers that are ~308 digits to verify prime density in large numbers.

I would rearrange the sk-1024 and Prime lines to be directly below the Hashing heading since they are directly related to each other.
Also max interest rate is 3%.
legendary
Activity: 1036
https://bmy.guide
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/ News :

Providers information :
DDos Attack was detected ...

Detection d'une attaque sur l'IP 51.255.38.3
Code:

SAS OVH - http://www.ovh.com
2 rue Kellermann
BP 80157
59100 Roubaix

Madame, Monsieur,

Nous venons de détecter une attaque sur l'adresse IP 51.255.38.3.

Afin de protéger votre infrastructure, nous avons aspiré votre
traffic sur notre infrastructure de mitigation.

Toute l'attaque sera ainsi filtrée par notre infrastructure, et seul
le traffic légitime arrivera jusqu'à vos serveurs.

A la fin de l'attaque, votre infrastructure sera immédiatement retirée de la mitigation.

Pour plus d'informations sur l'infrastructure de mitigation OVH : https://www.ovh.com/fr/anti-ddos/

Cordialement,

Votre Service Client OVH

I keep you posted here

Edit 1 : attack stoped now, we compare data and we will restart pool server soon
Edit 2 : pool ready and up Smiley

wow... Are this DDos attack common thing in alt coins? specially Nexus that is not popular at the moment, so strange.
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/
http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/ News :

Providers information :
DDos Attack was detected ...

Detection d'une attaque sur l'IP 51.255.38.3
Code:

SAS OVH - http://www.ovh.com
2 rue Kellermann
BP 80157
59100 Roubaix

Madame, Monsieur,

Nous venons de détecter une attaque sur l'adresse IP 51.255.38.3.

Afin de protéger votre infrastructure, nous avons aspiré votre
traffic sur notre infrastructure de mitigation.

Toute l'attaque sera ainsi filtrée par notre infrastructure, et seul
le traffic légitime arrivera jusqu'à vos serveurs.

A la fin de l'attaque, votre infrastructure sera immédiatement retirée de la mitigation.

Pour plus d'informations sur l'infrastructure de mitigation OVH : https://www.ovh.com/fr/anti-ddos/

Cordialement,

Votre Service Client OVH

I keep you posted here

Edit 1 : attack stoped now, we compare data and we will restart pool server soon
Edit 2 : pool ready and up Smiley

Activity: 728
Skunk,

------------------------

Crypthos,

Yeah InstantX and it's clone ZeroTime (Vanilla Coin) are just network level messages to lock transaction inputs from the memory pool to prevent Finney attacks among others, it does make 0 confirmation safer, but isn't as secure as the blockchain, in some respects they remove a lot of the blockchain security model to supplement faster transactions, where I believe the true speed can come from simultaneous processing, or multiple "branches" in which block chains operate on their own branch for each mining channel, that can give us a 3x increase in processing capability and reduce orphans at the same time. This way attacks would be pushed to individual branches therefore even under a 51% attack on particular channel,  it wouldn't affect the other branches. Working up the architecture too to elimate 51% attacks once and for all, but this will be very tricky to get it right  Wink

Thank You,
Viz.

Don't have a bloody clue what you on about there but that is why I investing in this coin lol. You clearly have a path in your mind and I willing to wait till you have it sorted. So far your process is slower than other coins but the outcomes have been spot on.
Jump to: