Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 171. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The OP is an absolute mess guys... 

The information is great, but the organization is abysmal.

Everything is jumbled together.  The font is too big.  The features should be bolded or made to stand out in some other fashion. 

Activity: 339
Merit: 266
Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain
Choose the feedback you like:

a,IT is all BIG as fuck, I can barely read the new 1st post!

b,Shall you consider making the 1st post font a bit smaller? I have hard time read something so big.

Thank you!

Thanks for the choice  Grin

b,Shall you consider making the 1st post font a bit smaller? I have hard time read something so big.

Thank you!

It's no need for so big font, it's much easier to read, with half size. And OP is much better than previous, good work.

Thanks for the feedback.  Agreed (after looking at it a few times after it was actually posted) and we will reduce the font size.
Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Thank you!

It's no need for so big font, it's much easier to read, with half size. And OP is much better than previous, good work.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite

Thank you!
Umm, 5 min blocks? Isn't it 1min blocks for cpu/gpu and nPos interest rate is greater than 2% the max is 3%? I currently have 2.2% interest rate.

Edit: Also unrelated but I believe I have identified at least part of the cause for loss of connections in the wallet. It seems to be related to dynamic ip address (ie as assigned by isp) Upon ip change the previous connections saved in addr.dat no longer work, for example I will have 8 active connections until I need to reboot my router which will cause active connections to drop to 1-3 active. Normally I would have to delete addr.dat to restore active connections however recently I have been using a vpn with shared IP in which case I often get the same IP address and the number of active connections is restored to previous value.

The block times are correct.  300 seconds for each the CPU and GPU channels for an average of 150 seconds and 60 seconds for nPOS.  You are correct on the current nPOS max of 3% after 1 year.  Will get that updated now.  Thanks for catching that.
Activity: 799
Umm, 5 min blocks? Isn't it 1min blocks for cpu/gpu and nPos interest rate is greater than 2% the max is 3%? I currently have 2.2% interest rate.

Edit: Also unrelated but I believe I have identified at least part of the cause for loss of connections in the wallet. It seems to be related to dynamic ip address (ie as assigned by isp) Upon ip change the previous connections saved in addr.dat no longer work, for example I will have 8 active connections until I need to reboot my router which will cause active connections to drop to 1-3 active. Normally I would have to delete addr.dat to restore active connections however recently I have been using a vpn with shared IP in which case I often get the same IP address and the number of active connections is restored to previous value.
Activity: 318
Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/
http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/ Pool Close for 12h. Open

software crash some time, we have to investigate.

I keep you posted.

Edit1 : Pool database is safe, but I don't found why the pool software crash. Viz will help me to solve this probleme.

Blocks used to come quickly in the early days when the reserves were full and blocks were 70 coins each.  Kept my house nice and warm last winter.

I ask community :
Did anyone try to import backup of wallet.dat to fresh copy of wallet ?

Like Pdogg, I just replaced the new wallet.dat with my old wallet.dat in the roaming folder.  I expect we would all have done this when switching from CSD to Niro.

It's a long term project, what's the rush?  I bet you don't even own one percent of the supply.

%3 actually, I've mined over 20 000 blocks, thats why I have waited patiently for months.  Thats my contribution for now.

Impressive!
I ask community :

Yes I did this but I replaced the new wallet.dat in the roaming folder.

It's a long term project, what's the rush?  I bet you don't even own one percent of the supply.

%3 actually, I've mined over 20 000 blocks, thats why I have waited patiently for months.  Thats my contribution for now.

As I said earlier,

Please do what is promised, before promising more.  That is all I am asking!

I don't want to fight. 

The roadmap is fine if you look at past releases the features that are "promised" have been delivered, sure it may take a bit longer than we would like but they do get delivered, and I'm sure we can all understand the reason for the delays. As to future "promises" I see nothing wrong with having certain features planned for inclusion in future releases in fact I would be rather worried if the development process was not following some structure.
Thank you Viz for your continued effort on this project, I believe most of us understand the commitment of work and family is very time consuming. And I for one appreciate the hard work you have invested in this project for the past year plus,

Agree with this.  I've said thanks before, but it's good to remind Viz.  Thanks for sticking with the project.

I'm not whinging, I've got a valid point about the 4 months.  No  more time lines is good, but please no more talk of new stuff until promised stuff is done.

I ask community :
legendary
Activity: 1274

As I said earlier,

I don't want to fight. 

That wasn't even directed at you...

As I said earlier,

I don't want to fight. 
Thank you Viz for your continued effort on this project, I believe most of us understand the commitment of work and family is very time consuming. And I for one appreciate the hard work you have invested in this project for the past year plus, please don't be disheartened by the whingers.

Thank You,
Viz.
YOU was asking community  few time,  before update about improvement.
YOU make promises about timeline.  
At least , community deserve apologize from you.
help is asking , not offer.

Sure it would be nice to have the resources of say IBM behind nexus and watch it pop into instant maturity....

to fix loading problem with wallet ? after 6 months ?

They have said the next release will fix this...

Stop your whining, the dev team isn't on your payroll.

If you want hype, you're in the wrong place.

Do you really want a half ass release right now?  It's better to wait.  

It's a long term project, what's the rush?  I bet you don't even own one percent of the supply.
ok. developer is princess. I don't ask questions, anymore. everything is perfect. wallet is perfect.
Only someone of community, who ask questions is bad.
The project is open source so now anyone with the skills can fix such issues that they are able to identify, for ages people bitch about not being open source and when it comes then ppl have something else to bitch about. As Viz said a more appropriate response would be HOW can we help? Not why haven't you (Viz) finished this update yet.
Jump to: