Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 202. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 500
I heard rumors that Vid is the real satoshi and Bitcoin just was a pilot project to fine tune the real deal Cool
But that is probably just rumors...
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
My only complaint with the wallet is it takes ages to load and my disk reads reaches 100% during this time. If it gets fixed it should be of great help.

I notice this with majority of wallets, surely the lite clients will help in this regard as they don't need to load the full block index.

Yep, the database just takes a long time to load, but once it loads it works fine.  Lite clients will fix this and I am hoping that we can eventally have a Raspberry Pi node for staking.

Having a combination of two forms of mining, plus staking, is going to make this a really dynamic protocol and that's not including all of the extra features.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
My only complaint with the wallet is it takes ages to load and my disk reads reaches 100% during this time. If it gets fixed it should be of great help.

I notice this with majority of wallets, surely the lite clients will help in this regard as they don't need to load the full block index.
Activity: 444
Merit: 250

what does 2. 21 Day Trust Key Expiration mean?

1. 5% Variable Interest how will the intererest vary and depending on what?

May I suggest you go back and read the thread, the answers to your questions are within!

To stake you need an active trust key, currently they expire after 24hours of not staking.

Interest rate increases the longer you stake, currently to a maximum of 3%.

Is that 3% total, or 3% more than the average holder (not staking 24hrs+)?

I believe its 3% annually soon to be 5% as long as ur trust key doesn't expire the interest rate continues to increase over time to max.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

May I suggest you go back and read the thread, the answers to your questions are within!

To stake you need an active trust key, currently they expire after 24hours of not staking.

Is that 3% total, or 3% more than the average holder (not staking 24hrs+)?

Activity: 318

I wonder how easy it will be for him to rebuild the "coin control" for the GUI.

Is coin control already in the GUI?  I also would love to have this feature, I don't recall seeing it in the current build but my daily computer is a Mac so I haven't looked at the GUI wallet in a while.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
Yeah I'm going to up the limit of trust keys to 21 days for expiration, and throw a couple more % on the rates so maximum will be 5% along with some user requested updates to the GUI. Keep posted for this update, will be mandatory Nexus 0.2.1.

If anyone else has any suggestions of what they would like in this new wallet besides:
1. 5% Variable Interest
2. 21 Day Trust Key Expiration
3. Wallet Unlock Button in GUI
4. Updated Staking Graphics
5. Transparent *.png's for icons.
6. Mac Build.

... cont then please don't hesitate to share your suggestions. 1 Day Trust Key expiration is tough, I've already had a few keys expire on me.  Undecided

Thank You,
Viz.

P.S. We are starting some light marketing on Facebook this September. Nexus Software, LLC filed, waiting on the paperwork to be delivered to the mailing address. Wink Also bought domain nexusoft.io where I will move the platform, and develop the company website including contact, vision, downloads, newsletters, development alerts, so forth. Going to work with the designer that created the new OP for this site among updating the platform visuals.

Viz is already planning to include unlock button in next update.

legendary
Activity: 1036
https://bmy.guide
I wonder how easy it will be for him to rebuild the "coin control" for the GUI.
Activity: 318
Yeah I'm going to up the limit of trust keys to 21 days for expiration, and throw a couple more % on the rates so maximum will be 5% along with some user requested updates to the GUI. Keep posted for this update, will be mandatory Nexus 0.2.1.

If anyone else has any suggestions of what they would like in this new wallet besides:
1. 5% Variable Interest
2. 21 Day Trust Key Expiration
3. Wallet Unlock Button in GUI
4. Updated Staking Graphics
5. Transparent *.png's for icons.
6. Mac Build.

... cont then please don't hesitate to share your suggestions. 1 Day Trust Key expiration is tough, I've already had a few keys expire on me.  Undecided

Thank You,
Viz.

P.S. We are starting some light marketing on Facebook this September. Nexus Software, LLC filed, waiting on the paperwork to be delivered to the mailing address. Wink Also bought domain nexusoft.io where I will move the platform, and develop the company website including contact, vision, downloads, newsletters, development alerts, so forth. Going to work with the designer that created the new OP for this site among updating the platform visuals.

Viz is already planning to include unlock button in next update.
I think we need a menu button to unlock for staking only Cheesy that would be awesome.

Agree.

Wallet needs work to make it more user friendly
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
I think we need a menu button to unlock for staking only Cheesy that would be awesome.
Need to get listed on a proper exchange like Polo.  Trex is a scammers paradise!!

I agree with that. Polo is much more trusted and accurate , I think... It is my preferred exchange too...

probably around time of open sourcing

I would agree that open-sourcing is the only way for more exchanges to add NIRO.  I know that Cryptsy can take weeks to add a coin once they decide to add it because they manually review the source code on Github.  Until Nexus core is open-sourced, I don't think it will go anywhere in terms of network value.

However, I do like that Colin is able to add features much more easily to closed-source code and ensure that everyone is running updated wallets.  The current closed-source system has worked well for building out the software and network.  Open-sourced mining and pool software is quite brilliant considering the rest of the source is closed.

I believe that once Nexus core is open-sourced and it hits other exchanges, that its' value will skyrocket.
Activity: 339
Merit: 266
Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain
The Nexus promotion is up on the Cryptocurrency Collectors Club Facebook Group as a pinned post and graphic added to the banner at https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptocurrencycollectorsclub/

If you are not already a member I suggest joining the group as it is the premier cryptocurrency discussion group on Facebook.

Also a reminder to join the Nexus Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1562975960652250/

We will be having some Community giveaways on there as well.
Activity: 339
Merit: 266
Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

Guys I am having some signatures designed to be the showcase examples in the upcoming Nexus-Niro signature contest.
As of right now these will be paid out of my own pocket. BUT I would like to encourage anyone who is interested in donating some NIRO to the bounties for the upcoming contest please PM me or contact me in IRC.

Good idea Razerglass, do you have a wallet dedicated to the bounty? I will donate several thousand please post the wallet address and ill send them over.

2Qtp5RLqQqCL9xESTiXgBT2uychpdGH5HiyUkABdqrpfe7VkijK
Is the donation address for this signature campaign.    All donations will be divided up between the top voted submissions from contestants along with some frontrunner prizes for the next best designs. Bottom line.. This will result in a handful of beautiful signatures / ads we can give to our community. I am putting together the thread for the competition today as well as trying to collect donations for the bounties.

I have some to pitch in.  I will also be doing some small giveaways to the Community via the Facebook Group.

Sent 1,000 just now  Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Need to get listed on a proper exchange like Polo.  Trex is a scammers paradise!!
Lol.. agreed, polo is better than trex  Grin
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
This coin looks promising, I hope the dev can persuade Polo to add this coin at their exchange  Smiley
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
Need to get listed on a proper exchange like Polo.  Trex is a scammers paradise!!

I agree with that. Polo is much more trusted and accurate , I think... It is my preferred exchange too...

probably around time of open sourcing
Jump to: