Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 311. (Read 785514 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Impresive rig.
The strange thing is that I have more than 220 transactions with my 970 and 980 for about a 30 hours. I think Im lucky ...for now
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
how many blocks did you get with these 780 Nvidia GPUs Smiley

about 400 transactions in that wallet, most of these from mining. I started mining in October only,
and initially it was just the core i7. Now it's core i7 plus GPUs.

I have a second rig consisting of 3 ASUS Mars ROG cards. That's 6 GTX 760 GPU cores to work with.
The rig has been dormant for a while (ever since XMR and BBR profitability tanked), but now that
winter is coming I could transform that electricity into cosy warm waste heat. Heating with prime
numbers. That sounds great.

Christian
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
I am gpu mining with three separate computers and I am losing sync with one of my wallets. I can tell because the miner gets stuck on a block that the others have already past. Any thoughts...? btw the one that is losing sync is in a different location than the other 2, possible net connection issue?...everything else works fine though internet etc.
Consider opening the right ports in your firewall to get also incoming connections. This way I used to have 15-20 connections on my nodes. Also try getting the peer list from your stable nodes and specify them in the config file of the unstable node.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
how many blocks did you get with these 780 Nvidia GPUs Smiley

Smiley  Impressive. Nice photo. Motivates me to go and try to make my own gpu miner though I'm a beginner in this territory.
My CPU miner is not that customized, just a little cosmetics to help me find the best parameters for every computer I'm running on. I'm not experienced enough (yet) to make such optimizations like you and Supercomputing in the algorithm. Also i'm renting just 1 AWS instance with some credit bought on eBay with 1/4 price, the risk I'm willing to take, even for the pure joy.

Let me state it like this: A month ago I had no clue about prime numbers and related algorithms. We took Supercomputing's miner and started to understand the basics (how does the sieve work, how is it parameterized). We eventually succeeded putting the sieve on the GPU and making it fast.

As a side project we also started looking into bignum maths for integers and modular arithmetics. We implemented some fundamental 1024 bit GPU maths functions. Our first attempt at doing modular exponentiation worked, but it was so much slower than the CPU. Sometimes algorithms matter more than code efficiency or hardware capabilities. Then we started looking into Montgomery multiplication/exponentiation and succeeded making it work reasonably well.

Now we are at a point where we think we could pull off a Riecoin GPU miner. It helps to have a partner in crime when doing fun projects like this because you keep motivating each other with new concepts and ideas to try out. Also the 4 eyes principle helps in debugging a lot.

Yea, a partner, this is exactly what I'm missing. Unfortunately non of my friends or colleagues are interested in crypto-currencies so I'm always loosing traction, but time to time I'm getting motivated from peoples like you. Thank you and keep up the good work.  
Activity: 309
I am gpu mining with three separate computers and I am losing sync with one of my wallets. I can tell because the miner gets stuck on a block that the others have already past. Any thoughts...? btw the one that is losing sync is in a different location than the other 2, possible net connection issue?...everything else works fine though internet etc.
I keep losing sync with one of my wallets......anyone else having this problem?
Can somebody help me how to calculate the difficulty (the one we see with getinfo in the CoinShield client) from block.nBits for the GPU channel? I would like to print out the current difficulty in the miner.
Thanks.
BTW. I've found out by myself how the difficulty is calculated in the CoinShiled client. It looks a little strange to me, and I would suggest to reconsider this calculation. For example on the testnet the current GPU channel difficulty (around 0.00001610) looks much higher than on the main net, but in fact it's 100 times lower.
Meantime for my own miner I used this formula to calculate the difficulty on the GPU channel.:
Code:
unsigned int nBits = THREADS[0]->GetBlock()->GetBits();
CBigNum bnTarget;
bnTarget.SetCompact(nBits);
CBigNum bnDiffOne;
bnDiffOne.SetCompact(0x7e7fffff);  // the target in block 0
CBigNum bnDiff = bnDiffOne / bnTarget;

Smiley  Impressive. Nice photo. Motivates me to go and try to make my own gpu miner though I'm a beginner in this territory.
My CPU miner is not that customized, just a little cosmetics to help me find the best parameters for every computer I'm running on. I'm not experienced enough (yet) to make such optimizations like you and Supercomputing in the algorithm. Also i'm renting just 1 AWS instance with some credit bought on eBay with 1/4 price, the risk I'm willing to take, even for the pure joy.

Let me state it like this: A month ago I had no clue about prime numbers and related algorithms. We took Supercomputing's miner and started to understand the basics (how does the sieve work, how is it parameterized). We eventually succeeded putting the sieve on the GPU and making it fast. What I like a lot about CoinShield is how the Proof of Work validation algorithm accepts all kinds of different prime constellations. You are not forced to search for [4 2 4 2 4] inter-prime distance patterns like in RieCoin.

As a side project we also started looking into bignum maths for integers and modular arithmetics. We implemented some fundamental 1024 bit GPU maths functions from scratch as there was not really a lot of GPU bignum code out there. Our first attempt at doing modular exponentiation worked eventually, but it was so much slower than the CPU. Sometimes algorithms matter more than code efficiency or hardware capabilities. Then we started looking into Montgomery multiplication/exponentiation and succeeded making it work reasonably well. We still have to use a hybrid CPU/GPU approach for best results.

Now we are at a point where we think we could pull off a Riecoin GPU miner - and also finding record breaking 6-tuples on the GPU is within reach and you could find a 6-tuple for a 616 decimal digit prime number. All you need is fast 2048 bit integer arithmetics and a decent sieve.

It certainly helps to have a partner in crime when doing fun projects like this because you keep motivating each other with new concepts and ideas to try out. Also the 4 eyes principle helps in debugging a lot.
Well, I'm happy with GPU mining. Found over 100 blocks in less than 48h with 2x750ti.

Would you mind sharing the hash rate you get with your cards? I'm getting about 17Mhash/s with a single 750ti and I have a feeling that it should be faster.
Thanks,
-M
Code:
[METERS] 61 Block(s) ACC=60 REJ=1| Height = 24841 | Diff = 5.953534 | 35:02:16
  Prime Clusters Found: Four=75394 | Five=2890 | Six=63 | Seven=0 | Eight=0

Wink Not all of them.... This is the stat for my cc2.8x instance on Amazon.
Code:
[METERS] 66 Block(s) ACC=65 REJ=0| Height = 25888 | Diff = 6.059771 | 56:46:07
---------------------------------------------------------------------
ch      | 3        |  4        |  5        |  6        |  7        |
count   | 1487476  |  87864    |  3029     |  71       |  1        |
ch/m    | 436.707  |  25.796   |  0.889    |  0.021    |  0.000    |
SPS 18.91 - Sieve/Test Ratio: 44.3 / 55.7 %

What is the spec of your rig?

3 780Ti cards, one core i7 CPU to go with it.

Your CPU miner looks heavily customized. Also you're into a bit of a gamble renting CPU power to mine CSD. After all the coin has to gain some value for you to recoup the costs.

Christian

Smiley  Impressive. Nice photo. Motivates me to go and try to make my own gpu miner though I'm a beginner in this territory.
strange difficulty.....Huh did I just not notice before??

{
"version" : "0.1.0.1b - Release",
"protocolversion" : 10100,
"walletversion" : 10000,
"balance" : 2037.00216600,
"newmint" : 190.89425000,
"stake" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 26236,
"moneysupply" : 1511897.49200900,
"connections" : 7,
"proxy" : "",
"ip" : "24.10.106.218",
"difficulty" : 0.00000131,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1411528683,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : ""
}
Activity: 479
Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

WTF? where are the coins? usally i can find 3-4 block a day at diff 6.05-6.15 , and now i cant find anymore for nearly 50+hours though diff at 6.01.

Is there anyone now in the same situation as me? Its ridiculous  Undecided

I have no problem finding block both on GPU and CPU channel, though with a constant CPU mining power I also can recognize significant fluctuation in the rate of found blocks. Back then I suspected similar patterns with solo primecoin mining. Then I thought that it's a matter of luck but I'm still not sure. Prime numbers are still a mystery.

yeah i still solo xpm while doing this coin i been making 13+ blocks a day with cpu xpm well somedays its alot other days none then sometimes a even amount per day
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
any news about block explorer?
This will be worked on as soon as the pools are released.  Smiley

any estimated date for the release of the pool?

Thanks!
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
This will be worked on as soon as the pools are released.  Smiley
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Not fair for AMD miner... Undecided
Code:
[METERS] 61 Block(s) ACC=60 REJ=1| Height = 24841 | Diff = 5.953534 | 35:02:16
  Prime Clusters Found: Four=75394 | Five=2890 | Six=63 | Seven=0 | Eight=0

Wink Not all of them.... This is the stat for my cc2.8x instance on Amazon.
Code:
[METERS] 66 Block(s) ACC=65 REJ=0| Height = 25888 | Diff = 6.059771 | 56:46:07
ch      | 3        |  4        |  5        |  6        |  7        |
count   | 1487476  |  87864    |  3029     |  71       |  1        |
ch/m    | 436.707  |  25.796   |  0.889    |  0.021    |  0.000    |
SPS 18.91 - Sieve/Test Ratio: 44.3 / 55.7 %

What is the spec of your rig?

3 780Ti cards, one core i7 CPU to go with it.

Your CPU miner looks heavily customized. Also you're into a bit of a gamble renting CPU power to mine CSD. After all the coin has to gain some value for you to recoup the costs.

Christian
Activity: 278
I missed in the discussion how it is that CPU and GPU channels run concurrently through same port, and if so are CPU miners finding blocks at a consistent rate relative to difficulty?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9301744

I missed in the discussion how it is that CPU and GPU channels run concurrently through same port, and if so are CPU miners finding blocks at a consistent rate relative to difficulty?
Jump to: