Author

Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come - page 314. (Read 785514 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Could you please expand on this? i'm a sysadmin that doesn't understand c/c++ programming...  Undecided

it was a comment more aimed at the maintainers of this source tree, so that they can fix Linux
compilation for people.

Christian
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
the 780 is this compute 30 or 35 ?

My 780ti works well on it.
I think too, it is a problem with the gpu not working properly on your card, if it always return, it means it doesn't work properly.
however, the 750ti shouldn't have any problem.

Any of your cards attached to a monitor ?

For info it was compiled with vs2013
and boost 1_56 (the others dependencies being those of ccminers, except for pthread which isn't needed. )

also make sure you have the latest drivers and compiled with cuda 6.5

The miner still doesn't works here.
I'm also using VS2013. I've downloaded and installed the latest driver and CUDA Toolkit today. I'm on Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference. The Nvidia card is the only card in the system and it's attached to the main monitor.
I am also on 8.1, try to go sk1024.cu and replace const int throughput = 512*8 * 512 * 4; by const int throughput = 512*8 * 512 * 2;

Ok. Modifying the throughput parameter did the trick but I had to go down to 512*8 * 512 * 1. (RAM usage on the video card goes up about 1G+). Now the miner started to work reporting  about 16000 kHash/s.I'm running the miner against testnetbut  still no block was found after about 20min. I guess this is not good.

Did you build the miner with a compute-level, that is supported by your gpu?

My card supports 5.0 and it seams that the project parameters indicates that it's set to 5
it is set to compute 3.0; 3.5 and 5.0 (with the current version don't try to use 5.2, I have finally one version which works with compute 5.2, will update soon... no difference though...)
Activity: 291
Merit: 250

I think too, it is a problem with the gpu not working properly on your card, if it always return, it means it doesn't work properly.

and boost 1_56 (the others dependencies being those of ccminers, except for pthread which isn't needed. )

I'm also using VS2013. I've downloaded and installed the latest driver and CUDA Toolkit today. I'm on Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference. The Nvidia card is the only card in the system and it's attached to the main monitor.
I am also on 8.1, try to go sk1024.cu and replace const int throughput = 512*8 * 512 * 4; by const int throughput = 512*8 * 512 * 2;

Ok. Modifying the throughput parameter did the trick but I had to go down to 512*8 * 512 * 1. (RAM usage on the video card goes up about 1G+). Now the miner started to work reporting  about 16000 kHash/s.I'm running the miner against testnetbut  still no block was found after about 20min. I guess this is not good.

My card supports 5.0 and it seams that the project parameters indicates that it's set to 5
legendary

Ok. Modifying the throughput parameter did the trick but I had to go down to 512*8 * 512 * 1. (RAM usage on the video card goes up about 1G+). Now the miner started to work reporting  about 16000 kHash/s.I'm running the miner against testnetbut  still no block was found after about 20min. I guess this is not good.
not sure if it is related, but it seems on the main net that it is stuck at block 23360...

edit: nope, I was stuck at block 23360...
Activity: 69
Merit: 0

legendary
Download the gpu miner and run it with commandline arguments 127.0.0.1 9325.
It will mine for the GPU channel once you are synced.

Thank You,
Viz.

Doesn't seams to work for me. This is the output:
Code:
Initializing Miner 127.0.0.1:9325 Threads = 1 Timeout = 10
Connected to 127.0.0.1:9325...
[MASTER] Coinshield Network: New Block 22949
[MASTER] Block Found by GeForce GTX 750 Ti on thread 0                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!
[MASTER] Block Found by (null) on thread 1                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!
[MASTER] Block Found by GeForce GTX 750 Ti on thread 0                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!

Finally I succeed to compile the miner under Windows with Visual Studio by resolving all the dependencies, but it's still not working.
I think the problem is not with the uint2bytes64.
Looks like that the scanhash_sk1024 (in MinerThread.cpp ->MinerThread::SK1024Miner()) always returns with Nonce=0
I have 0 experience developing in CUDA so it will be challenging to find what is the real problem here.
BTW I have a GeForce GTX 750 Ti with 2Gb RAM

Thank You,
Viz.

Code:
[MASTER] Block Found by GeForce GTX 750 Ti on thread 0                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!
[MASTER] Block Found by (null) on thread 1                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!
[MASTER] Block Found by GeForce GTX 750 Ti on thread 0                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!

Finally I succeed to compile the miner under Windows with Visual Studio by resolving all the dependencies, but it's still not working.
Looks like that the scanhash_sk1024 (in MinerThread.cpp ->MinerThread::SK1024Miner()) always returns with Nonce=0
I have 0 experience developing in CUDA so it will be challenging to find what is the real problem here.

Activity: 329
i've no idea how to correctly fix this but hopefully you've got a clue about what's the problem...

I think in the configure.ac you have to tell the autotools that you want to use c++ ,not just plain C
(use the AC_PROG_CXX macro)

then run aclocal && autoheader && automake && autoconf

and ./configure

Christian

could you please expand on this? i'm a sysadmin that doesn't understand c/c++ programming...  Undecided
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
i've no idea how to correctly fix this but hopefully you've got a clue about what's the problem...

I think in the configure.ac you have to tell the autotools that you want to use c++ ,not just plain C
(use the AC_PROG_CXX macro)

then run aclocal && autoheader && automake && autoconf

and ./configure

Christian
legendary

Thank You,
Viz.

Code:
[MASTER] Block Found by (null) on thread 1                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!

Thank You,
Viz.

Code:
[MASTER] Block Found by (null) on thread 1                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

Thank You,
Viz.

Code:
[MASTER] Block Found by (null) on thread 2                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!
[MASTER] Block Found by (null) on thread 3                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!
How much memory has your card ?
With the current throughput, my 750ti uses 1132MB (so the 750(ti) with only 1Gb of vram won't work... ) 

same issue with a GTX 780
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
GPU
HOW To configure?
Activity: 322
-----------✄----------
did you make any changes to the makefile?
answering to myself: symlink cpu-miner.c to skminer.c
then i've got your same cstdlib error, so googling i've found out the error is due gcc != g++ and a possible solution is renaming the .c file to .cpp, but even after symlinking to skminer.cpp and replacing all instances of skminer.c with skminer.cpp into the makefile, i still get the same error:
Code:
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.     -g -O2 -MT skminer.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/skminer.Tpo -c -o skminer.o skminer.c
In file included from /usr/include/boost/date_time/posix_time/posix_time.hpp:14:0,
                 from util_llh.h:4,
                 from types.h:4,
                 from core.h:5,
                 from skminer.c:14:
/usr/include/boost/date_time/compiler_config.hpp:11:19: fatal error: cstdlib: No such file or directory
 #include
legendary

Thank You,
Viz.

Code:
[MASTER] Block Found by (null) on thread 2                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!
[MASTER] Block Found by (null) on thread 3                  0.0 kHash/s (rejected) Booo !!!
How much memory has your card ?
With the current throughput, my 750ti uses 1132MB (so the 750(ti) with only 1Gb of vram won't work... ) 
I'm getting this...

Code:
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/skminer_source'
Making all in compat
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/skminer_source/compat'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/skminer_source/compat'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/skminer_source/compat'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/skminer_source/compat'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/skminer_source'
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -msse2  -fopenmp -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing  -DSCRYPT_KECCAK512 -DSCRYPT_CHACHA -DSCRYPT_CHOOSE_COMPILETIME   -O3 -MT ccminer-cpu-miner.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/ccminer-cpu-miner.Tpo -c -o ccminer-cpu-miner.o `test -f 'cpu-miner.c' || echo './'`cpu-miner.c
In file included from /usr/include/boost/date_time/posix_time/posix_time.hpp:14:0,
                 from cpu-miner.c:14:
/usr/include/boost/date_time/compiler_config.hpp:11:19: fatal error: cstdlib: No such file or directory
 #include
                   ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [ccminer-cpu-miner.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/skminer_source'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/skminer_source'
make: *** [all] Error 2
did you make any changes to the makefile?
legendary

#include

is a C++ header file, yet we use the gcc C compiler. This won't work Wink

try instead.

actually it seems to be coming from boost...
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

#include

is a C++ header file, yet we use the gcc C compiler. This won't work Wink

try instead.

But this is in the included boost file?
Code:
                 from cpu-miner.c:14:
 #include
Jump to: