Pages:
Author

Topic: [NFD] [ANN] WE HAVE LAUNCH!!! NFD UP AND DISTRIBUTED! - page 5. (Read 15953 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Wallet link not working?

Thanks a lot for pointing that out! I don't know why the Bitbucket link was stripped from the OP...

In case it gets stripped again, here it is for you: https://bitbucket.org/NFDcoin/nfdcoin/downloads/
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Scammers/Hackers have very small penises FACT
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Wallet link not working?
legendary
Twenty minutes after the launch. Hackers to steal  68500000 in five minutes.
More than one being attacked by hackers
why?

I really feel awful about that. One or more hackers knew about the distribution, lied in wait like a highway robber behind a boulder, and brute-forced the NFD brainwallet with a known-password table, a rainbow table and who knows what else. The NFD was stolen from accounts that he was able to crack with his malicious script.

We tried what we could to encourage people to use secure passphrases, but in the end not everyone did. Thankfully, MaWo held off on some sends because he judged some hashes to match up to weak passwords. Had he not done so, the thief or thieves would have stolen more.

I wish he had held back on the ones who got robbed, but the point behind hashes is to unrecognizably disguise the string being hashed - so he did miss a few vulnerable passphrases. And he and I did warn several times about creating secure passphrases. To be quite frank, he did go above and beyond the call of duty by finding that known-password table and hashing all the passwords therein, and comparing the known-password hashes to the hashes on the distribution list. That's the only way to find vulnerable passphrases once they're hashed, because an SHA-256 hash is impossible to reverse.

When it comes down to it, the robber was successful because he had better vulnerable-password tables than MaWo - and the accounts he robbed had vulnerable passwords!

The only way to assure a robbery-free launch would have been for MaWo and I to pick everyone's passphrase for them, each made up of 36 or more random characters, and send out each holder's passphrase via encrypted Email. But that was unthinkable for us, because it would have gone against the whole philosophy of P2P cryptocurrency. More practically, it would have introduced a "single point of failure" that would have gotten everyone robbed if something had gone wrong! That's why we didn't even think of doing that.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Activity: 60
Found NFD in my wallet, thanks a lot.
Activity: 84
Wallet link not working? Angry
Activity: 62
received coins, thank you. Cheesy
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
http://img1.ph.126.net/32GwpAjTPHxbTw_bq_KuGg==/6608937895166405284.jpg
The hacker account

http://img1.ph.126.net/Ik6PJsUsQ4Vcgupn63p9Lw==/6608834541073392445.jpg
my account
Whisper:e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855
HASH:cd372fb85148700fa88095e3492d3f9f5beb43e555e5ff26d95f5a6adc36f8e6
Twenty minutes after the launch. Hackers to steal  68500000 in five minutes.
More than one being attacked by hackers
why?
legendary
I would like to publicly congratulate the NFDer who was nimble enough to register the alias "Nxtblg" before I did.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(Yeah, I know, the joke's on me. "too slow, my bad." Smiley)
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
The future will be Digital
could not add Asset Id:  13792723055283940657 to Asset Exchange
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
love is first
Coins received, thanks
Hi guys glad to hear this has been successfully launched. i am on the list A i have created an account and pmd nxtblog with it. how do i claim my stake?

Could you login using your passphrase, check your balance and then click the "Transactions" tab? If you get zero for both, please PM me.
Ok i dont seem to remember creating one. but im on the list

Found it sorry. checking now
legendary
Just to let everyone know, I just registered and tested the new NFD development fund wallets. Once for Bitcoin, one for Nxt and of course one for NFD. Smiley'

I have to admit to being more easygoing than MaWo. He chose 100 random characters for passphrases, I only chose 96. Wink

Here are the official NFD development wallet addresses:

BTC address: 18KAi7XzLXrsCQCwJk3Fk6u9acdGuAW4it

Nxt address: NXT-Z9UE-YAPN-RL7Z-8G3XZ

NFD address: NFD-9PHZ-HTPL-JVBR-AB73P

Added to the OP.
legendary
Just a heads-up from the Nxt world:

If you haven't seen this thread, please check it out:

"Big scam in NXT hundreds of BTC stolen with a one post"

Best estimate is that a scammer stole ~200 BTC from trusting Nxters through the Asset Exchange. The amount stolen has made the fellow who scammed us look like a small-change hustler...

Thankfully, this is one kind of "scam-dal" that has not plagued the NFD world! But please read through it and take it as a reminder to be on your guard. The trouble with the Asset Exchange is that it's 100% trust-based at the moment.

So, in the abstract, that big Nxt AE robbery was entirely foreseeable...but still...

So please be cautious. I don't know if it's me, but there seems to be a whole new crime wave directed against Nxt & its clones. The crypto world, at least seemingly, has gotten more dangerous recently . "Safety first" is inconvenient, but it doesn't hurt. Smiley

EDIT: Please withhold your judgement about the incident until all the facts are in. I meant for this post to be a "it can happen to you..." cautionary note, and nothing more.
legendary
Hi guys glad to hear this has been successfully launched. i am on the list A i have created an account and pmd nxtblog with it. how do i claim my stake?

Could you login using your passphrase, check your balance and then click the "Transactions" tab? If you get zero for both, please PM me.
legendary
Hello I have problem to you. Please help processing. Thank you

Sorry about the delay, but I will get to it.
legendary
@Nxtblg please post NFD + BTC donation addresses.
keep up the great work! - I will help spread the word.

Working on it. Smiley Right now, I'm in the middle of generating "ultra-paranoid" passphrases for the accounts' wallets. That got me a little sidetracked, as I saw how I can put together a very basic Java gimcrack that can help others generates secure passphrases for themselves.
RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
umachit.fund
Wonderful!

Hope it soars like eagle, not unlike my utility bills...

Grin

Pages:
Jump to: