Pages:
Author

Topic: NFT is an interesting space - page 15. (Read 2840 times)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
March 28, 2021, 07:00:21 AM
I think NFT is a tool to deprive you of cryptocurrency... In my opinion it's a complete nonsense, which in time nobody will need it after the hype has passed! Although I don't exclude that in certain areas NFT can be in demand, for example as an indication of the right holder... Although blockchain is enough for that too!
It is not complete nonessential, have you sat down to experiment what the NFT market is all about? What it's trying to achieve? How is it moving towards there? This industry has been in existence since 2015. Its hype is just starting who knows where it could get to in the next 5 years?

It is not complete nonsense I agree, there is definitely some use of it especially with digital art and other things that can be digitalized BUT the current way it is being used like for selling some the saliva or blood or something from some guy? I think this is pure hype and selling some Tweet? You do not even own the Tweet!
Activity: 2828
Merit: 604
CoinMetro
March 28, 2021, 05:14:18 AM
Saturday Night Live explains NFTs:
https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1376032888764960769
Activity: 1288
Merit: 305
yes
March 28, 2021, 12:48:15 AM
I think NFT is a tool to deprive you of cryptocurrency... In my opinion it's a complete nonsense, which in time nobody will need it after the hype has passed! Although I don't exclude that in certain areas NFT can be in demand, for example as an indication of the right holder... Although blockchain is enough for that too!
It is not complete nonessential, have you sat down to experiment what the NFT market is all about? What it's trying to achieve? How is it moving towards there? This industry has been in existence since 2015. Its hype is just starting who knows where it could get to in the next 5 years?
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
March 27, 2021, 09:38:19 PM
Wow, so it was posted by coingecko 2 years ago and no one has listened to him. The craze for NFT today is on and there's massive money that's on it today.
One NFT can cost more than a million and that's what I see most of the time on the news and many are still not yet on it including me.

Am I too late for this if ever I want to invest? I am also one of the community here who ignored this thing were I am not thinking
that it will have a good result in the end. And now it's been exploded now in the market. Perhaps, I'm gonna go for this one
to grow more of my capital via NFT coins.
CoinMetro
March 27, 2021, 07:18:54 PM
"Mark Cuban sees NFT ticketing as the mass-market disruptor":
https://cryptoslate.com/forget-overvalued-artwork-mark-cuban-sees-nft-ticketing-as-the-mass-market-disruptor/

^Read this and watch this Video till you fully understand it, that usecase of NFTs will be huge!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgwvOOBRWw&t=2424s
(start at min 40!)
Activity: 212
Merit: 1
give me back my 2008
March 27, 2021, 04:17:03 PM
I agree, this is a very interesting area in the market, the idea is not new - it has been on the market for a long time, but the peak of its popularity is at this moment.

This is a very complex technology, really, I still can not fully understand what it is, how to use it and why someone needs it!
Activity: 1204
Merit: 162
March 27, 2021, 03:51:59 PM
I have different opinion. Maybe is nonsense for us a bit older but for kids now NFTs can be like a pokemon cards in the future. Things change fast and we need to be open minded since we have here a chance to be so early in this space.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 344
March 27, 2021, 03:27:02 PM
The most interesting concept of NFT at the moment is in the traditional gaming industry, all the characters, items, skins, equipments and skills you own in one game can only be used within that game itself.
But with NFT, all these collections that you have could potentially be transferable and usable in other games as well. One significant difference is the money you spent in one game will not go to waste, while the other risk that are taken off is if the game developers does not want to support the game anymore, your collections can still be used in other games.
Well I think they are starting to extend it already to other industries. And moreover, apart from the cryptocurrency industry this is method that can be applied in lots of areas. So, when it comes to the cryptocurrency industry the same way it can be applied in so many ways this time around.

The meaning of Non Fungible Tokens (NFT’s) is that they are cryptographic assets which contains information that is used to identify them. Recently Jack of Twitter has said something about auctioning his first tweet through Blockchain and crypto, and I think that is an example of what we are talking about here.
Activity: 785
Merit: 105
March 13, 2021, 08:36:39 PM
NFT is the bubble. People are trying to sell "art" with real value less than 1 usd for incredible money
Maybe many people can take advantage of it for infinite money laundering. I am not a believer in the value of NFT, although the idea and solution that the NFT will really help, what is going on shows that it has no value? Wondering that those blockchain-based panels are of such a high value? And then people will see it as the hype like the defi phase, and we need time to make it really good.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 13, 2021, 07:41:26 PM
I have a very hard time getting my mind around the current NFT craze.  They have lots of real great uses - but I'm not sure digital art is the way to go.  I played a bit with crytokitties way back when and it was similar.  Sure cats were great, I still own some.  But they were and remain nothing but speculation.

Using NFTs as game objects makes a lot more sense - but in a world where a single NFT is $10 of gas or more, it doesn't make much sense.

I've been minting over on the Matic / Polygon chain - much better gas fees - but not something that is totally easy to do either. 

To me a real use case needs to be found.  I'm dabbling in offering digital deeds - so the NFT actually represents a real physical object that you can obtain if you want.  Or, you can just collect and sell digitally until the final buyer is found.  So far looking at Lego and Pokemon as the best collectibles for it - NiftyLocker.com .  I'm curious to hear thoughts on other more "understandable" ideas for the use of NFTs.

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
March 13, 2021, 06:46:33 PM
Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) has been under the radar for the longest time, other than when cryptokitties jammed the Ethereum network.

The initial impression of NFTs is just a nice to have collectible, but if you look deep enough NFT can actually lead the industry a long way.

The most interesting concept of NFT at the moment is in the traditional gaming industry, all the characters, items, skins, equipments and skills you own in one game can only be used within that game itself.
But with NFT, all these collections that you have could potentially be transferable and usable in other games as well. One significant difference is the money you spent in one game will not go to waste, while the other risk that are taken off is if the game developers does not want to support the game anymore, your collections can still be used in other games.

At the moment, gaming is the largest potential for NFT, but lets not exclude any possibilities of it being used in other industries.

The new oil is now if NFT. Crypto space has never seized to invent loads of turns that leaves people wondering how it works and why. Imagine arts that used to be natural has now become digital and even more valued than the arts of natural architecture. I am stunned but still awesom as it is happening in my time.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
March 13, 2021, 06:40:27 PM
NFT is the bubble. People are trying to sell "art" with real value less than 1 usd for incredible money

Why has it no value? It's comparable to a painting and a copy of a painting or more so a collection of prints number 1 - 20 theyre the same print but numbered and the value is in the number just as the value is in the crypto signature.

It's an odd concept becasue its not tangible but neither is and Cryptocurrency so by that logic crypto would be primed to suffer the same fate?
CoinMetro
March 13, 2021, 04:25:10 AM
🔹Quote: "In 10 years from now, the economy of virtual worlds will be outgrowing the physical one
...But... as 2021 is the year of NFTs, this might happen sooner 🚀"
https://twitter.com/borgetsebastien/status/1370629353697071105
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
March 13, 2021, 03:24:32 AM
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
March 13, 2021, 02:58:13 AM
The next spotlight in the crypto field will be on NFT. People have started giving attention to them and i believe its high time to key in. NFT is unique in a numerous ways which is why much attention will be giving to it. Made some research on it and keyed into the next big move.
Activity: 149
Merit: 1
March 13, 2021, 01:41:31 AM
NFT is the hottest thing right now, it's crazy how celebrities and artists are fully getting into it. $60m+ for one piece of NFT? Geez. I recently got excited with NFTs and registered for a DeFi game that rewards you with NFTs. Even NBA stars are getting into NFT now
Activity: 1666
Merit: 292
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 13, 2021, 01:22:57 AM
We could see this hype again in the near future. I am a person who does not believe it will be of more value than creating a tendency to fomo follow this market. Those cards are really valuable, it's not more expensive than a piece of candy, then we'll buy it a lot cheaper, not what we are now.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Futurov
March 13, 2021, 12:59:51 AM
OP posted this on 2019, im surprised that NFT garnered a lot of attention through the years. Now NFT is used on a lot of platforms, not just for gaming. I once read an article about NFT's current market revolving around collectibles. One example is the NBA top shot which is a place to collect non-fungible tokenized NBA moments in a digital card form. Some of these cards have sold for millions of dollars. The gist here is that NFT is a way to represent property that is uniquely your own. Placing such a value on a tangible asset that can never be replicated. It really is an interesting space and I believe that it would go a long way.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
March 12, 2021, 11:14:25 PM
NFT highlights the real ownership feature of the blockchain. Though not a new thing but it were not conceived with much importance by the general public until artist started selling and auctioning their piece of art in blockchain. This would bring more interest to blockchain but like every popular crypto topic, NFT has the risks of being over hyped and fake projects claiming to be NFT could ruin the experience.
Activity: 742
Merit: 102
Second Live
March 12, 2021, 10:57:10 PM
Is it really that great? When our real life is so bad, looking back to seeing these products are so valuable, say they are the hype that will increase in the next time and to be exact. New development direction for programmers, as I think it has a lot of value anyway, simply the way they draw our money into this market.
Pages:
Jump to: