Pages:
Author

Topic: nicehash.com vs zpool.ca vs miningpoolhub.com - And the winner is... - page 3. (Read 14584 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
so what is the result now?

Yes, I am interested to find out what the results are as well, if any. It does feel a bit disappointing to read through the entire thread to find there are no results yet.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
so what is the result now?
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
mph will be last, pplns with jumping arround algos will takes its cut!
Activity: 544
Merit: 250
Well, finally had time to replace the power supply, and set up 2 more Giant+ for a complete test of 5 different Giant+ simultaneously. See original post for changes/update.

if you have more miners cant you include prohashing.com aswell in your tests Smiley?

prohashing.com only does x11 for the Baikals, it's not really a multi algorithm pool.
Activity: 6
Well, finally had time to replace the power supply, and set up 2 more Giant+ for a complete test of 5 different Giant+ simultaneously. See original post for changes/update.

if you have more miners cant you include prohashing.com aswell in your tests Smiley?
What are the results? The week has passed. I'm really curious.

One of the power supplies got faulty so it ruined my test, since all did not have equal uptime. Waiting on a replacement before I can re-test again.

P.S. This is one of those times I wished I order extra parts as a back up...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry to hear that.  can you post earnings up to the failure ?

It's hard to pinpoint when it actually failed, since I was away for the weekend and was going to finalize this test and calculate how much BTC each site gave to each of the wallets. That's when I noticed that one of them wasn't running, so the data would be irrelevant.

Also, does anybody know how to configure a Baikal miner for Nicehash? I followed this link: https://www.nicehash.com/?p=news&id=114
but it stays on mining just 1 algorithm. Any ideas?

That is how it works, it mines the most profitable algorithm at that time, it does not mine all the algorithm's at the same time.
Activity: 5
I am using the new Baikal Giant Plus, so I cant wait for the results!
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

One of the power supplies got faulty so it ruined my test, since all did not have equal uptime. Waiting on a replacement before I can re-test again.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry to hear that.  can you post earnings up to the failure ?

Activity: 11
I think you should compare total earnings, not withdraws since each pool has different minimum withdraw threshold.  In any case, you are doing a great service to all new miners,  your effort is highly appreciated. 

I am doing total earnings, which was why I stated: "At the end of the 7th day (or longer duration if needed), I will post the final BTC wallet balance that it made from each site."

Worst case, if it didn't meet the minimum withdraw threshold, then will just need to wait on Sunday because that is when they usually withdraw any remaining small balances or I'll just manually withdraw after testing period is done.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Performing it is a better way of learning things
I think you should compare total earnings, not withdraws since each pool has different minimum withdraw threshold.  In any case, you are doing a great service to all new miners,  your effort is highly appreciated. 
Could you post your daily results to the thread?  I would be a great service to the community

Thanks

I was planning to do that but miningpoolhub.com doesn't have a public stats page, also, posting daily results wouldn't be efficient since each of them have their minimum threshold for BTC auto-exchange/withdrawal. So some days, it might be 0 BTC.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Performing it is a better way of learning things
Could you post your daily results to the thread?  I would be a great service to the community

Thanks
I have mined on all 3 of those pools with my Baikal Giant and I had the most payout with Nicehash over the same time period.

But did you mine all 3 at the exact same time simultaneously? That is the key here, because if you mined each of those 3 at different time frames even though if they are for the same duration amount, the price varies from day to day.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
I have mined on all 3 of those pools with my Baikal Giant and I had the most payout with Nicehash over the same time period.

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Thanks for doing this experiment.  In my mind I would think nicehash because you are switching directly to the most profitable coin and getting BTC credited immediately whereas the other two you have to wait for the alt coin to mature and then you have to wait for the exchange and we know as that happens the price changes.  It may change for better or it may get worse who knows.  Of course nicehash also charges a big fat 3% too.

The competition would be around zpool and miningpoolhub and I think zpool would have the better results.
Nicehash is just attracting a lot of beginners to their pools but have larger fees.

I think if the general overall price of all alts are rising you will do better on zpool or mph, but if they are dropping you would do better on nicehash since the multipools are really just chasing the high prices.  It's just a theory and lord knows I've been wrong many times before but I'm looking forward to the results.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 280
Smart World Global Token
Thanks for doing this experiment.  I my mind I would think nicehash because you are switching directly to the most profitable coin and getting BTC credited immediately whereas the other two you have to wait for the alt coin to mature and then you have to wait for the exchange and we know as that happens the price changes.  It may change for better or it may get worse who knows.  Of course nicehash also charges a big fat 3% too.

The competition would be around zpool and miningpoolhub and I think zpool would have the better results.
Nicehash is just attracting a lot of beginners to their pools but have larger fees.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Thanks for doing this experiment.  In my mind I would think nicehash because you are switching directly to the most profitable coin and getting BTC credited immediately whereas the other two you have to wait for the alt coin to mature and then you have to wait for the exchange and we know as that happens the price changes.  It may change for better or it may get worse who knows.  Of course nicehash also charges a big fat 3% too.
Pages:
Jump to: