Pages:
Author

Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin - page 77. (Read 303310 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
April 07, 2017, 04:49:10 PM
doesnt matter who is right or wrong. All this is bad for price

You're proven right on a daily basis Huh

At what price will you admit to have been wrong, if any?

Wishful thinkers are never wrong. They can always dream.

I guess this one failed to stock up when the price recently dipped below $1000, perhaps for the last time.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
April 07, 2017, 04:29:32 PM

You're proven right on a daily basis Huh

At what price will you admit to have been wrong, if any?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
April 07, 2017, 04:07:49 PM
Some facts coming to light about how core operates its "open source" project.

http://telegra.ph/Inside-the-Dragons-Den-Bitcoin-Cores-Troll-Army-04-07
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
April 07, 2017, 03:38:21 PM
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
April 07, 2017, 02:01:08 PM

Sam Cole is full of shit, sorry. He claims it's impossible Maxwell reverse engineered Bitmain ASICs even though Bitmain has admitted themselves they have implemented asicboost into their miners and their pool even has software for it.

Is it not Bitmain that engineered ASICBoost?

English is not my first language maybe thats why I dont follow your quoted argument about reverse engineering.  Please explain.

You don't know what reverse engineering is? Look it up in the dictionary or google it or something. Maxwell is the one who discovered Bitmain had asicboost ready and implemented in their chips through reverse engineering their hardware, and Bitmain acknowledged this is the case. Same Cole basically states in his article that he doesn't believe asicboost was implemented in any chips because he can't think of a way to gain an advantage by doing so, and he also doesn't believe Maxwell was able to reverse engineer a Bitmain ASIC because he thinks that's too difficult. Both of his claims are refuted by the facts, Sam is just behind on what's going on.

As someone who has been personally screwed by KnC (they shipped me a busted miner I had to fix myself), I would not believe everything this guy says. There may be some truth to it but he may have ulterior motives. You can never know know who pays him or what investments he may have. For all we know, he may be invested into Bitmain. Like the old adage says, if you can't beat them, join them.
legendary
Activity: 1246
April 07, 2017, 01:38:45 PM

Sam Cole is full of shit, sorry. He claims it's impossible Maxwell reverse engineered Bitmain ASICs even though Bitmain has admitted themselves they have implemented asicboost into their miners and their pool even has software for it.

Is it not Bitmain that engineered ASICBoost?

English is not my first language maybe thats why I dont follow your quoted argument about reverse engineering.  Please explain.

You don't know what reverse engineering is? Look it up in the dictionary or google it or something. Maxwell is the one who discovered Bitmain had asicboost ready and implemented in their chips through reverse engineering their hardware, and Bitmain acknowledged this is the case. Same Cole basically states in his article that he doesn't believe asicboost was implemented in any chips because he can't think of a way to gain an advantage by doing so, and he also doesn't believe Maxwell was able to reverse engineer a Bitmain ASIC because he thinks that's too difficult. Both of his claims are refuted by the facts, Sam is just behind on what's going on.
legendary
April 07, 2017, 01:11:35 PM

Is it not Bitmain that engineered ASICBoost?  How does Bitmain using asicboost support your argument that Sam is full of shit with his claim that it would be extremely hard for Maxwell to reverse engineer ASICBoost?

English is not my first language maybe thats why I dont follow your quoted argument about reverse engineering.  Please explain.
legendary
Activity: 1246
April 07, 2017, 01:04:31 PM
Here is a well thought out and articulated writeup about the ASICBOOST dilemma by the creator and owner of the now defunct KNC miner.  This is a must read for everyone especially the ignorant noobs who blindly follow CORE and attack anyone who does not get inline behind the CORE party line.  People must realize that it is CORE that has been holding Bitcoin hostage and whos current suggested course of action could destroy Bitcoin.

https://medium.com/@samcole_74219/asicboost-655a73d48ae4

Sam Cole is full of shit, sorry. He claims it's impossible Maxwell reverse engineered Bitmain ASICs even though Bitmain has admitted themselves they have implemented asicboost into their miners and their pool even has software for it. Looks like Sam Cole is just technically outclassed completely by Greg Maxwell and other Core devs, as well as by Bitmain. It's no wonder Sam Cole could not compete with them and had to leave the mining business. He also doesn't seem to know that Greg's proposal for a fix was a soft fork and not a hard fork. The guy is just hopelessly behind on everything.
legendary
April 07, 2017, 01:02:40 PM
Here is a well thought out and articulated writeup about the ASICBOOST dilemma by the creator and owner of the now defunct KNC miner.  This is a must read for everyone especially the ignorant noobs who blindly follow CORE and attack anyone who does not get inline behind the CORE party line.  People must realize that it is CORE that has been holding Bitcoin hostage and whos current suggested course of action could destroy Bitcoin.

Sam Cole really has no credibility after defrauding customers and bankrupting KnCMiner. Surprised he popped his head up out of the hole.

His business practices were very distasteful and dishonest however that bares no relevance on the logic and validity of his arguments especially since he is an objective observer with no skin in the game.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
April 07, 2017, 12:58:37 PM
Here is a well thought out and articulated writeup about the ASICBOOST dilemma by the creator and owner of the now defunct KNC miner.  This is a must read for everyone especially the ignorant noobs who blindly follow CORE and attack anyone who does not get inline behind the CORE party line.  People must realize that it is CORE that has been holding Bitcoin hostage and whos current suggested course of action could destroy Bitcoin.

Sam Cole really has no credibility after defrauding customers and bankrupting KnCMiner. Surprised he popped his head up out of the hole.
legendary
April 07, 2017, 12:51:24 PM
Here is a well thought out and articulated writeup about the ASICBOOST dilemma by the creator and owner of the now defunct KNC miner.  This is a must read for everyone especially the ignorant noobs who blindly follow CORE and attack anyone who does not get inline behind the CORE party line.  People must realize that it is CORE that has been holding Bitcoin hostage and whos current suggested course of action could destroy Bitcoin.

legendary
April 07, 2017, 12:33:12 PM
Afrikon.... I dunno about the drop to $800 man.... seems... kinda unlikely but also when everyone is blindly bullish that's when things falls. The Japan use of bitcoin is pretty bullish, the fact that BU/Bitman is becoming a joke is also good... they're not gonna hold back progress for long, the new bill in Mexico that allows institutions to put money in bitcoin is also good news

I cant believe maxwell has the audacity to call a miner optimization an attack.  Thats what ASIC manufacturers have been doing all along, optimizing miners.

Why are you backing miners who are obviously blocking segwit for personal gain, even when it holds back the rest of the community? The motive became pretty clear, doesn't matter if it's an "attack" or not

Please research SegWit before asking such silly questions. Just because miners profit from SegWit not getting activated does not mean SegWit is any good. Quite the opposite. SegWit is the single worst proposal ever taken seriously in the development of Bitcoin.

The level of stupidity and cognitive dissonance exhibited over the last 4 weeks is astounding.
legendary
April 07, 2017, 12:31:49 PM

Why are you backing miners who are obviously blocking segwit for personal gain, even when it holds back the rest of the community? The motive became pretty clear, doesn't matter if it's an "attack" or not

What makes you think Im backing anyone?  Im simply pointing out the absurdity and desperation of core members actions.  Are objective and unbiased opinions now considered treason lol?

People have really lost their minds these last 4 weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
April 07, 2017, 10:48:53 AM
Afrikon.... I dunno about the drop to $800 man.... seems... kinda unlikely but also when everyone is blindly bullish that's when things falls. The Japan use of bitcoin is pretty bullish, the fact that BU/Bitman is becoming a joke is also good... they're not gonna hold back progress for long, the new bill in Mexico that allows institutions to put money in bitcoin is also good news

I cant believe maxwell has the audacity to call a miner optimization an attack.  Thats what ASIC manufacturers have been doing all along, optimizing miners.

Please research SegWit before asking such silly questions. Just because miners profit from SegWit not getting activated does not mean SegWit is any good. Quite the opposite. SegWit is the single worst proposal ever taken seriously in the development of Bitcoin.

Nah bro the entire technical community is behind Segwit... I don't think either of us are equipped to claim that it is the "worst proposal in bitcoin"

You know price is going to $1500 if it gets activated..  you definitely want it too Wink
legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010
April 07, 2017, 10:46:04 AM
Guys

$800 is coming

And Vinny lingham indicator just confirmed sub $875

Sell your coins at the best price you can get

Prepare to buy lower

This is not a drill

I also believe a mild correction is due within the next couple of weeks. Because of that I exited 50% of my positions around $1200-$1300.

Let's make $800 great again!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
April 07, 2017, 10:31:42 AM
Guys

$800 is coming

And Vinny lingham indicator just confirmed sub $875

Sell your coins at the best price you can get

Prepare to buy lower

This is not a drill
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
April 07, 2017, 10:17:38 AM

legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
April 07, 2017, 10:06:32 AM

legendary
April 07, 2017, 01:35:53 AM
At the same time its hard to expect them to agree to a change of the playing field which will render millions they possibly spent on R&D to take advantage of this optimization a total waste.

Their so called "optimization" is an exploit of the blockheader from my understanding.

Its some sort of a shortcut of the hashing process.  What is your definition of an exploit?
Activity: 462
Merit: 263
The devil is in the detail.
April 07, 2017, 01:33:08 AM
At the same time its hard to expect them to agree to a change of the playing field which will render millions they possibly spent on R&D to take advantage of this optimization a total waste.

Their so called "optimization" is an exploit of the blockheader from my understanding.
Pages:
Jump to: