Pages:
Author

Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread - page 17. (Read 14164 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
August 04, 2018, 04:00:20 AM
That was quick responses, thanks.

Hi Brett,

It's good to have someone new join Gulden. I have a suggestion to make which will help Gulden with marketing.

There is a guy called Rijk on the Gulden slack, the nicest person you will ever meet online.

He is looking for marketing ideas for Gulden, can you sign up and let him know the news sites you visit to give him ideas.
Activity: 408
Merit: 117
August 04, 2018, 03:50:16 AM
Why Gulden?

1.) Gulden is one of the few crypto currencies with stable and user-friendly wallets for each platform (Win, Mac, Lin, iOS and Android) and is therefore not a ramshackle copy of the bitcoin QT client that takes half an hour to synchronize at every startup.
Note: initial synch only takes minutes. And after that mobile wallets synch in a split second.

2.) Gulden is the only cryptocurrency with a decentralised way to secure 1 confirmation payments (i.e. not via Masternodes, etc., which destroy the whole idea of decentrality). Furthermore, zero confirmations are on the roadmap.

3.) Gulden is the only one to have found a solution to break the "power" of the miners by having the validation process of transactions also carried out by so-called "witness". And because the two groups of miners and witness have conflicting interests, they cannot "hold the blockchain to ransom" or otherwise persevere.

To put it in perspective. To hack the Gulden network, as in a 51% attack, you need 71% of the hashrate AND own 71% of all Gulden AND have them in witness.
Safety is key, it’s your money, you want it safe. Gulden is unrivalled at this point as far as we know.

4.) Because Gulden wants to become a widely used international payment instrument, Gulden is focusing on a strong link with fiat money. That's why you can easily buy and sell Gulden with euro via the wallets. Selling simply by just filling in your IBAN number. In addition to EUR, a lot of work is being done to obtain a link with USD and GBP.

5.) Gulden is the only one who has the possibility to make a link between a desktop wallet and a mobile wallet so that the mobile wallet can be managed via the desktop.

6.) Gulden can be put in deposit which will bring you a certain interest rate. The amount of the interest depends on the amount and duration of time that you secure the Gulden. And this "witness" process is completely different from POS with any other coin.

7.) Crypto’s future is all about reaching mass adoption. With Gulden’s user friendliness it focusses not solely on the obvious crypto trader, but on those other billion normal users who don’t know about blockchain technology nor need to know about it. Everything is done and developed with ease of use in mind and still being safe and decentralised.

8.) Gulden has a large enthusiastic community on Slack (https://gulden.com/join). Where anyone can become a member and where you can get in direct contact with the developers and obtain help from a lot of volunteers if you have any questions.

9.) Gulden does not make empty promises and does not hype non news. Instead they develop real solutions. And there is still a lot on the roadmap they want to achieve. To make it even more user friendly with e.g. Alias (payments directly to email addresses)

10.) The developers are independent and have already been provided with sufficient resources through community funding to be able to develop independently for many years to come. There are now 5 people working on the development on a professional basis. Next to other companies they work with like e.g. the Payment Service Provider Nocks.

11.) For merchants there are loads of plugins and API’s they can use to integrate Gulden payments into their businesses. With only €0,05 for a transaction which can be paid out to Euro or Gulden as desired, it is very attractive for merchants to accept Gulden payments. In most cases it is way cheaper than current banking solutions, without the risks.

12.) Soon we will see other third party apps including Gulden Payment solutions embedded in them (I have seen them already 🎉🚀) . Can you imagine going to the movies and pay for it with Gulden directly from within the Movie app?... And yes, we will see Dapps on the Gulden Network in the future as more third parties discover the possibilities. Stay tuned... https://dev.gulden.com
http://guldenbites.com/newsbites/
Activity: 3
August 04, 2018, 03:48:11 AM
That was quick responses, thanks.
Activity: 408
Merit: 117
August 04, 2018, 03:46:00 AM
I was told yesterday about this coin from a friend at work. I have been following crypto news for over a year and never heard about Gulden. My friend was enthusiastic about witnessing so I came to check it out.

My first experience with this coin has been great, the wallets are good and I plan to setup a witness this weekend.

Can I have my wallet offline like peercoin and still earn Gulden? My friend doesn't know the answer to this question. Is there a website that explains how witnessing works?

Just have a look at GuldenBites.com for al kinds of Information, News, Trading, etc.

To answer your question. The wallet has to be online 24/7. But you can export the witnesskey to an raspberry Pi and let it do the work.
Activity: 339
Merit: 10
New Cryptoworld Order
August 04, 2018, 03:44:31 AM
I was told yesterday about this coin from a friend at work. I have been following crypto news for over a year a never heard about Gulden. My friend was enthusiastic about witnessing so I came to check it out.

My first experience with this coin has been great, the wallets are good and I plan to setup a witness this weekend.

Can I have my wallet offline like peercoin and still earn Gulden?

This!

M A R K E T I N G!!!

p.s. @BrettRoux, No, you have to have your wallet online 24/7 to witness.
Activity: 3
August 04, 2018, 03:41:47 AM
I was told yesterday about this coin from a friend at work. I have been following crypto news for over a year and never heard about Gulden. My friend was enthusiastic about witnessing so I came to check it out.

Can I have my wallet offline like peercoin and still earn Gulden? My friend doesn't know the answer to this question. Is there a website that explains how witnessing works?
Activity: 270
Merit: 6
August 03, 2018, 05:52:38 PM

8000sat this month

Shocked

So i can order my new car allrdy?   Grin
Activity: 188
August 03, 2018, 10:48:18 AM
The price will be 350 satoshi in 6 months because of the supply dump from miners. No rush to buy coins when no halving in rewards.

A post from Luuk explains why Gulden supply is not a problem, it's all down to marketing and gaining acceptance in the Netherlands.

Changed my mind, another coin called Digibyte has over 11 billion supply and the SAT price is over 500, Gulden with over $400 million supply is at 600 SAT.  It's not a supply problem but a marketing problem.

Digibytes development is behind Guldens development progress but they do market digibyte very well and go to conferences and meet with business people. This is something Rijk is not doing for Gulden.

Gulden total supply is 3.6% of digibytes total supply and digibyte releases far more coins per day then Gulden.

753 every 15 seconds for digibyte. 4 337 280 coins mined per day              
100 reward every 150 seconds for Gulden.  57 600 coins mined per day

This confirms supply is not a issue at all.

Gulden's marketcap can go to the same as Digibytes with similar marketing and attending conferences to create awareness with large investors, if marketcap was based on development only, then coins like Gulden would have a higher marketcap then digibyte.

Gulden will need a Sat price of 11760 to match Digibytes marketcap.

8000sat this month

The backlash you will receive from technical police on that prediction...
Activity: 146
Merit: 2
August 03, 2018, 10:06:11 AM
The price will be 350 satoshi in 6 months because of the supply dump from miners. No rush to buy coins when no halving in rewards.

A post from Luuk explains why Gulden supply is not a problem, it's all down to marketing and gaining acceptance in the Netherlands.

Changed my mind, another coin called Digibyte has over 11 billion supply and the SAT price is over 500, Gulden with over $400 million supply is at 600 SAT.  It's not a supply problem but a marketing problem.

Digibytes development is behind Guldens development progress but they do market digibyte very well and go to conferences and meet with business people. This is something Rijk is not doing for Gulden.

Gulden total supply is 3.6% of digibytes total supply and digibyte releases far more coins per day then Gulden.

753 every 15 seconds for digibyte. 4 337 280 coins mined per day              
100 reward every 150 seconds for Gulden.  57 600 coins mined per day

This confirms supply is not a issue at all.

Gulden's marketcap can go to the same as Digibytes with similar marketing and attending conferences to create awareness with large investors, if marketcap was based on development only, then coins like Gulden would have a higher marketcap then digibyte.

Gulden will need a Sat price of 11760 to match Digibytes marketcap.

Activity: 93
Merit: 3
August 03, 2018, 09:37:01 AM
I am a student with part time work, have to watch how much money I use in 1 go. I thought mining with my graphic card would be ok but it was costing more in electricity then I make in Gulden. A friend suggested I mine other coins with my GPU and sell for btc to buy Gulden.

Yeah watch out for not overspending, the last thing you want is to be forced to sell at a loss because you're not liquid anymore or, furthermore care about not locking more than you really don't need in close future because it could become awkward to explain to friends or family if you need to ask them for money.
Anyway that's only the risk side, nice to see an eager investor who isn't shocked by "only" 6% yearly revenue of locked funds  Grin
Activity: 102
August 03, 2018, 09:18:23 AM
This is the cornerstone of a liberal progressive democracy.

As is respect and a constructive discussion culture. You still didn't display those two things. You can't just cherry pick the things you like because that's exactly what compromises a liberal democracy.

As a liberal minded person I can say what I want , the only people I don't speak out against is Muslims because I will get into trouble with the law but I have free speech in every other aspect in my country. I love Muslims but I am only saying our government has to protect them from far right wingers.
August 03, 2018, 09:03:04 AM

As is respect and a constructive discussion culture. You still didn't display those two things. You can't just cherry pick the things you like because that's exactly what compromises a liberal democracy.
August 03, 2018, 08:54:32 AM

Hey Danuberiver, we highly value freedom of speech and open thinking in this thread, so I don't mind you expressing your assessment of the price development of Gulden.
Would you however also show respect to other people (me included) in here and react to the open discussions you started before pumping new one liners in here?

August 03, 2018, 07:35:22 AM
Is there really need to beat a dead horse?
You'd rather end up getting attention of other EFL people who come over and destroy the culture in here.
If Danuberiver doesn't feel like reacting to discussions he doesn't like we can just point out that he's a hot air venting hypocrite, there are enough quotes to underline it. I'll give him this chance.
August 03, 2018, 07:16:47 AM

Hey Danuberiver, we highly value freedom of speech and open thinking in this thread, so I don't mind you expressing your assessment of the price development of Gulden.
Would you however also show respect to other people (me included) in here and react to the open discussions you started before pumping new one liners in here?
August 03, 2018, 07:06:01 AM
I appreciate that you value my posts. Smiley

To your question, I locked 10k for 3 years two weeks ago. Because of the difficulties with the phase 3 rampup I missed out for two days. Since then my Raspberry Pi is working like a Swiss watch and I witnessed 3 blocks already. The estimated waiting period to find the next block is at 11.66 days right now for me. This would make it a 6% interest per year forecast.
Of course there might be also quite some 1 month lockers who don't want to keep their funds locked after that time. Time will tell where this will find it's balance but with 6% interest I'm really happy since those are my "high risk, high reward retirement funds".

I have earned 3 witness amounts with my +-25000 witness account but only locked for 6 months, I wish I had put it in for 3 years but I am going to build up to 100 000 coins and split this into two accounts. 1 for 1 year and 1 for 3 years and have 20 000 liquid. Well that's the dream for me.

if you can afford it now is the time to buy another 75k coins or whatever you need, there is a more positive sentiment about Gulden in the last few days and I don't think these prices will last another 6 months.

I am a student with part time work, have to watch how much money I use in 1 go. I thought mining with my graphic card would be ok but it was costing more in electricity then I make in Gulden. A friend suggested I mine other coins with my GPU and sell for btc to buy Gulden.

Activity: 51
August 03, 2018, 06:49:06 AM
I have earned 3 witness amounts with my +-25000 witness account but only locked for 6 months, I wish I had put it in for 3 years . . .

When Phase-4 becomes active you can extend the lockingperiod and/or the amount of funds in that existing witnessaccount.

Code:
extendwitnessaccount "funding_account" "witness_account" "amount" "time"

For now you can go to the console and type "help extendwitnessaccount" and have a look at the helptext.

Will take a look, Thank you!   Grin
Activity: 51
August 03, 2018, 06:40:11 AM

To your question, I locked 10k for 3 years two weeks ago. Because of the difficulties with the phase 3 rampup I missed out for two days. Since then my Raspberry Pi is working like a Swiss watch and I witnessed 3 blocks already. The estimated waiting period to find the next block is at 11.66 days right now for me. This would make it a 6% interest per year forecast.
Of course there might be also quite some 1 month lockers who don't want to keep their funds locked after that time. Time will tell where this will find it's balance but with 6% interest I'm really happy since those are my "high risk, high reward retirement funds".

I have earned 3 witness amounts with my +-25000 witness account but only locked for 6 months, I wish I had put it in for 3 years but I am going to build up to 100 000 coins and split this into two accounts. 1 for 1 year and 1 for 3 years and have 20 000 liquid. Well that's the dream for me.

if you can afford it now is the time to buy another 75k coins or whatever you need, there is a more positive sentiment about Gulden in the last few days and I don't think these prices will last another 6 months.

Activity: 39
Merit: 1
August 03, 2018, 06:30:30 AM
I have earned 3 witness amounts with my +-25000 witness account but only locked for 6 months, I wish I had put it in for 3 years . . .

When Phase-4 becomes active you can extend the lockingperiod and/or the amount of funds in that existing witnessaccount.

Code:
extendwitnessaccount "funding_account" "witness_account" "amount" "time"

For now you can go to the console and type "help extendwitnessaccount" and have a look at the helptext.

Activity: 142
August 03, 2018, 06:10:09 AM

Pages:
Jump to: