Pages:
Author

Topic: [ NMR ] Numeraire - What do you think about? - page 2. (Read 10390 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 100
December 01, 2017, 02:52:50 PM
I have read something about this altcoin. The Numerai project creates a hedge fund in which network effects and artificial intelligence technologies are designed to fundamentally change the way assets are managed. Suppose their alt will be stable and even has all the chances to go up.
Activity: 360
December 01, 2017, 04:14:44 AM
I think it good with the current price, maybe down a bit more because of BTC but still a good coin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
December 01, 2017, 12:38:59 AM
Great Chart Gallery of Numeraire on BitScreener: https://bitscreener.com/coins/numeraire/chart_gallery
Activity: 658
November 29, 2017, 05:58:04 PM
very low supply is it pos or pow  Huh Huh
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
November 29, 2017, 02:42:37 PM
Numeraire price alert on web, working with Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

https://bitscreener.com/coins/numeraire/price_alert
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
November 29, 2017, 12:24:28 PM
All those of you who though it was a good idea to buy few days back, you were right Tongue Numeraire just got pumped for 90% Smiley

Activity: 800
Merit: 502
I liked Numerai but they have a new competitor.
Price is lower. We will see  Smiley

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Looking for shmexy coins!
Is there an official thread for this? Very interesting project and I recently bought some before the latest small pump but really unsure where to get latest news for this project.
Activity: 37
Holding NMR has an obvious benefit (to both data scientists and traders/investors):
Data scientists have a stronger incentive to hold it as it represents a pay-out from the success of the Numer.ai fund i.e. given that the data scientists presume the fund will be profitable, then the cashing out NMR has a severe opportunity cost: forgone future returns. Analogous to receiving shares in a company you work for as a year-end bonus: yes you can cash them out now for money, but if you believe the company will grow then it's optimal to hold onto the shares. Early sellers may simply misunderstand the economic incentive model. If one assumes that the collective insight of 12000 data scientists can be successful – then the logical decision would be to hold NMR.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
I got on board recently as well. First time I noticed it was when Julian Yap tweeted about it being a very interesting project. He's usually very spot on, so I went and read more about the project. I believe it's going to get pretty big in the next few months.
Activity: 5
Indeed, sub 30$ for this coin is a STEAL!
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
Numeraire is one coin i found to be at bottom. With active development and great community (being in there slack).  As per TA just now signaled some breakout. Its @1/4th of its ATH.  So FOMO can come easily to this,if a whale catch it.
Activity: 392
Guys

There is no official thread page of NMR on bitcointalk or what??? Grin
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Bitcoin amateur learning by doing
|Anyone knows how many NMR are destroyed per week vs how many created?
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Post by Numerai founder Richard Craib: https://forum.numer.ai/t/the-new-numerai-economy/347

Changing NMR payout with a 90% reduction.

"
Just over a week ago, Numerai was paying out $14,700 per month to our data scientists. A few days ago, this number reached $9.8 million per month because of secondary market trading activity in our new crypto token Numeraire.

Changes
* Reduce NMR payouts ~90% to NMR 1510 per week
* Increase staking payouts 3x to USD 3000 per week

These changes will apply immediately to the current Numerai tournament, and all unresolved tournaments as well including all stakes."

Sad for NMR
so it will be better to stake NMR? that is huge
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Bitcoin amateur learning by doing
I do not understand what you say. READ the whitepaper. I am quoting for you:

" After the initial distribution, the smart contract will mint a fixed number of Numeraire each week until the maximum is reached. By performing well in Numerai’s machine learning competition, data scientists will earn Numeraire on an ongoing basis. When data scientists are confident of the predictions they have made, they send Numeraire to the Numeraire Ethereum smart contract. The receiving contract will hold the data scientists’ Numeraire for some holding period t,with t suffciently large to judge performance on new data. After t has passed, Numerai will send a message to the contract with information on which data scientists’ predictions performed well on new data. Those data scientists whose predictions performed well earn dollars based on the auction mechanism, and their Numeraire are returned. Those data scientists whose predictions did not perform well on newdata risk having their Numeraire destroyed.
"

Clearly, participants get their Numeria back + Dollars, when they win the competition. your argument is wrong.

I am not even an ICO participant. Just trying to figure how big I should enter Nmr... Please help with facts not misconceptions.

Haha, now you just trolling.

Re-read what i said "7. If you think you will do well, you stake. If you do well, you get your original NMR back plus you now get a few more $$$'s. If you don't do well, you lose your NMR and they get burned forever."

Wow, you staked 200 NMR and 'won'. You get your initial 200 NMR back and your extra $10 winnings. Best bet ever, risking to lose $20,000 to win $10.
-> Go all in mate, this one is pocket aces. Haha.

Sarcasm folks. Really think about this one.

I have every reason to hype, but i am telling it as it is because its truly insane.

I currently have 3 entries in the top 100 of this weeks numerai tournament. So i will be earning some NMR, just a matter of how many. Plus payout is 4 weeks after tournament so i have to wait.

I will even sell, for 50%, of current NMR value an entry of the expected winnings. That is how confident i am that price will fall later. I.e. i miss out on 50% value to get deal locked in now, any taker can easily double except for what the price will be 4 weeks from now.

Seriously anyone out there pm me, and we'll do a deal through a top escrow (blazed or OgNasty etc). The best +EV deal going. For example, position # 50 in the tournament pays out $3.15 + 12.61 NMR. I would sell an entry that will get you this position for 0.3btc. Example only. But my honest opinion is the price will drop and not hold, that's what logic says, but rarely is anything in crypto logical.

Good luck all.
Smiley

thanks and sorry for misreading your post earlier Smiley
Activity: 56
To sum up, if I understood well:

- In Finance there are always losers and gainers. We cannot gain altogether (we are not in a world full of lollipops and candies)
- Machine learning (ML and the sub-field of Deep Learning are very hyped right now) and more and more people use data/bots/machine learning to trades
- Numerai want to create the best model to predict the stocks
- So they will give Numerai coins to all data scientists that participate to Numerai challenges to improve the accuracy of stock predictions.
- Hence, all data scientists are encouraged to work all together to improve the accuracy of the stock predictions and earn rewards (Numerai coins).

All, in all, the idea is good, because It encourages data scientists to work all together to earn Numerai coins and improve stock predictions. Moreover
deep learning is overhyped right now so this project can easily pump (well it pumps hard and dump hard)

The remaining question is: we improve the accuracy of stocks prediction and so what? If everybody has access to the algorithm, everybody will anticipate
the stock price and it won't improve the situation overall. The thing is that of course, they won't share the best model they have found. It's like giving money
to top data scientists in the world to find the best model to predict stocks. The datascientists are quite happy as they earned something, but the real winner in
the story is the hedge fund... ofc
Activity: 12
Doesn't seem like there's any benefit to regular investors, seeing as the algorithm which produces profits for hedgefunds have no ties to the NMR token

A shame really, adios NMR
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113
buy nmr now scientist are always in error..popular discovery was a accident..they will lost their nmr and this coin will cost 0.1 soon  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
I do not understand what you say. READ the whitepaper. I am quoting for you:

" After the initial distribution, the smart contract will mint a fixed number of Numeraire each week until the maximum is reached. By performing well in Numerai’s machine learning competition, data scientists will earn Numeraire on an ongoing basis. When data scientists are confident of the predictions they have made, they send Numeraire to the Numeraire Ethereum smart contract. The receiving contract will hold the data scientists’ Numeraire for some holding period t,with t suffciently large to judge performance on new data. After t has passed, Numerai will send a message to the contract with information on which data scientists’ predictions performed well on new data. Those data scientists whose predictions performed well earn dollars based on the auction mechanism, and their Numeraire are returned. Those data scientists whose predictions did not perform well on newdata risk having their Numeraire destroyed.
"

Clearly, participants get their Numeria back + Dollars, when they win the competition. your argument is wrong.

I am not even an ICO participant. Just trying to figure how big I should enter Nmr... Please help with facts not misconceptions.

Haha, now you just trolling.

Re-read what i said "7. If you think you will do well, you stake. If you do well, you get your original NMR back plus you now get a few more $$$'s. If you don't do well, you lose your NMR and they get burned forever."

Wow, you staked 200 NMR and 'won'. You get your initial 200 NMR back and your extra $10 winnings. Best bet ever, risking to lose $20,000 to win $10.
-> Go all in mate, this one is pocket aces. Haha.

Sarcasm folks. Really think about this one.

I have every reason to hype, but i am telling it as it is because its truly insane.

I currently have 3 entries in the top 100 of this weeks numerai tournament. So i will be earning some NMR, just a matter of how many. Plus payout is 4 weeks after tournament so i have to wait.

I will even sell, for 50%, of current NMR value an entry of the expected winnings. That is how confident i am that price will fall later. I.e. i miss out on 50% value to get deal locked in now, any taker can easily double except for what the price will be 4 weeks from now.

Seriously anyone out there pm me, and we'll do a deal through a top escrow (blazed or OgNasty etc). The best +EV deal going. For example, position # 50 in the tournament pays out $3.15 + 12.61 NMR. I would sell an entry that will get you this position for 0.3btc. Example only. But my honest opinion is the price will drop and not hold, that's what logic says, but rarely is anything in crypto logical.

Good luck all.
Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: