Pages:
Author

Topic: [ NMR ] Numeraire - What do you think about? - page 3. (Read 10390 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Bitcoin amateur learning by doing
I do not understand what you say. READ the whitepaper. I am quoting for you:

" After the initial distribution, the smart contract will mint a fixed number of Numeraire each week until the maximum is reached. By performing well in Numerai’s machine learning competition, data scientists will earn Numeraire on an ongoing basis. When data scientists are confident of the predictions they have made, they send Numeraire to the Numeraire Ethereum smart contract. The receiving contract will hold the data scientists’ Numeraire for some holding period t,with t suffciently large to judge performance on new data. After t has passed, Numerai will send a message to the contract with information on which data scientists’ predictions performed well on new data. Those data scientists whose predictions performed well earn dollars based on the auction mechanism, and their Numeraire are returned. Those data scientists whose predictions did not perform well on newdata risk having their Numeraire destroyed.
"

Clearly, participants get their Numeria back + Dollars, when they win the competition. your argument is wrong.

I am not even an ICO participant. Just trying to figure how big I should enter Nmr... Please help with facts not misconceptions.
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
the concept is intriguing.

how is winner selected?
Not sure I follow ths point 7 and its conclusion. You bet in NMR and you win in NMR? So, why are you talking about 150=>1?
That only applies if price drops to 1/150th. Which can only happen 1 time (if at all).

Any other week, nmr=nmr. So I cannot understand your logic.

No. You stake NMR but can only win extra $$. The weekly stake pool is $1000. You do not get extra NMR if you win, just a share of the $1000. If you 'lose' then bye bye your NMR.

Its like betting a gold coin to win a dime. It's only worth it if that gold coin is worth a dime or less. Not if the gold coin is worth $100.

There has been 1200000 NMR issued recently, just so it can be staked in weekly tournaments worth $1000. Hmmmm, cant say there is much value in NMR.

All my own opinion of course. Doesn't mean the price of NMR wont bounce all over the place.

Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I have read the Numeraire whitepaper, but I don't think this project need a token, sound concept but is like someone talking your Gold and given you Brass. All this token creation market will soon burst
Activity: 126
Bitcoin amateur learning by doing
the concept is intriguing.

how is winner selected?
Not sure I follow ths point 7 and its conclusion. You bet in NMR and you win in NMR? So, why are you talking about 150=>1?
That only applies if price drops to 1/150th. Which can only happen 1 time (if at all).

Any other week, nmr=nmr. So I cannot understand your logic.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Numeraire (NMR)

I've looked into this one because i have some knowledge and experience of machine learning, data mining, and AI etc.

1. The recent distribution of NMR was to previous participants of their online tournments at the rate of 1$:4NMR (25 cents earned in a tournament got you 1 NMR).
2. Future distributions will be based on future tournament results.
3. The weekly winner of a tournment gets $1,000 and now also got 4000 NMR.
4. At current NMR prices on Bittrex, 4000 NMR is ~$0.5M
5. Compare point 4 and point 3 above and tell yourself whether NMR is currently over-priced.

* I think people who were recently distributed the 1,200,000 NMR and people who will be earning them going forward will be falling over themselves to sell while the prices are this ridicoulsly high. The golden period will be very short.

6. The purpose of NMR is to use them to stake your entry predictions in the weekly tournament.
7. If you think you will do well, you stake. If you do well, you get your original NMR back plus you now get a few more $$$'s. If you don't do well, you lose your NMR and they get burned forever.

Who in their right mind (and data scientists are pretty smart) are going to risk something say worth $150 to possibly gain $1 more when you could easily lose that $150 (NMR) = no one.
Therfore, the whole purpose of NMR will not work at current prices.

It is a P&D at the moment. A project that was paying out $250,000 - $300,000 a year is now miracously paying out $300million+ a year just because they released an ETH based token. Damn good time to be a data scientisit and a very bad time to be a NMR investor.

Just my opinion. I can mine millions of data points and turn it into information, but i can not predict the madness of people.
Smiley

shocking pump and dump. agreed.
legendary
Activity: 1173
Numeraire (NMR)

I've looked into this one because i have some knowledge and experience of machine learning, data mining, and AI etc.

1. The recent distribution of NMR was to previous participants of their online tournments at the rate of 1$:4NMR (25 cents earned in a tournament got you 1 NMR).
2. Future distributions will be based on future tournament results.
3. The weekly winner of a tournment gets $1,000 and now also got 4000 NMR.
4. At current NMR prices on Bittrex, 4000 NMR is ~$0.5M
5. Compare point 4 and point 3 above and tell yourself whether NMR is currently over-priced.

* I think people who were recently distributed the 1,200,000 NMR and people who will be earning them going forward will be falling over themselves to sell while the prices are this ridicoulsly high. The golden period will be very short.

6. The purpose of NMR is to use them to stake your entry predictions in the weekly tournament.
7. If you think you will do well, you stake. If you do well, you get your original NMR back plus you now get a few more $$$'s. If you don't do well, you lose your NMR and they get burned forever.

Who in their right mind (and data scientists are pretty smart) are going to risk something say worth $150 to possibly gain $1 more when you could easily lose that $150 (NMR) = no one.
Therfore, the whole purpose of NMR will not work at current prices.

It is a P&D at the moment. A project that was paying out $250,000 - $300,000 a year is now miracously paying out $300million+ a year just because they released an ETH based token. Damn good time to be a data scientisit and a very bad time to be a NMR investor.

Just my opinion. I can mine millions of data points and turn it into information, but i can not predict the madness of people.
Smiley

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
This one is going to boost fast, tons of data scientists competing each other inside Numeraire. that's insane lol.
Activity: 74
Words like "hedge fund" "social" and "artificial intelligence" like them very much, but I want understand if I'm an investor or chicken  Grin

New star or pump>dump>end tomorrow ?

https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/numeraire/

https://numer.ai/

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/ai-hedge-fund-created-new-currency-make-wall-street-work-like-open-source/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6qvucC7zv0

Pages:
Jump to: