Pages:
Author

Topic: [No longer WTB] Pure reference Radeon 7970's $315 - page 2. (Read 2465 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
I'm in the process of slowly replacing all my 5000 series cards with 7970's and am looking to replace them with pure reference cards. I have had great luck with them. I don't want any non-reference as out of the 4 I have, 2 have died and the other 2 don't even clock that well while undervolting at 1.05v, approximately 100-150MHz slower. Most of these reference cards are also old though and likely abused, so my offer stands at $335 shipped per card. Brand matters little (MSI, Sapphire, Asus, Gigabyte, whatever), though having the original reference style heatsink and fan is highly prefered. I know for a fact that the triple fan Gigabytes are NOT reference. They don't have voltage control either, which is a MUST.

You can know your card is a pure reference and not a knockoff by having "109-C38637-00" down by the PCI-E connector as well as having the AMD logo above it, but this is usually mostly covered by the heatsink.

If I don't have reason to trust you (account age too new, no trades, etc), I will require escrow or payment after receiving item depending on payment method, especially if there are no pictures.
Payable in paypal, dwolla (takes 2-3 days to load money on here as I don't currently have money in it), chase quickpay if you hold a chase account, amex serve, and moneypak. I can also reluctantly pay with bitcoins if it is absolutely necessary.

Fresh thread because of thread crappers. If your post is not constructive, I will delete it.

Questions

a) What age of cards are you looking at? New, 6mo, 1yr+, etc. Is your price same or do you scale with age?

b) How much shipping will you pay?

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
Not buying right now. May or may not change in the future.

I'm in the process of slowly replacing all my 5k series cards with 7970's and am looking to replace them with pure reference cards. I have had great luck with them. I don't want any non-reference as out of the 4 I have, 2 3 have died and the other 1 doesn't even clock that well while undervolting at 1.05v, approximately 100-150MHz slower. Most of these reference cards are also old though and likely abused, so my offer stands at $315 shipped per card. You could sell it on ebay but you would have to price it at least $345 to get more money after fees than what I'm offering. Brand matters little (MSI, Sapphire, Asus, Gigabyte, whatever), though having the original reference style heatsink and fan is highly prefered. I know for a fact that the triple fan Gigabytes are NOT reference. They don't have voltage control either, which is a MUST.

You can know your card is a pure reference and not a knockoff by having "109-C38637-00" down by the PCI-E connector as well as having the AMD logo above it, but this is usually mostly covered by the heatsink.

If I don't have reason to trust you (account age too new, no trades, etc), I will require escrow or payment after receiving item depending on payment method, especially if there are no pictures.
Payable in paypal gift, dwolla (takes 2-3 days to load money on here as I don't currently have money in it), chase quickpay if you hold a chase account, popmoney, amex serve, and moneypak. I can also reluctantly pay with bitcoins if it is absolutely necessary.

Fresh thread because of thread crappers. If your post is not constructive, I will delete it.

Edit: I will also take cards with the code "V277 VER:1.0". These are found on some MSI branded 7970's.

I believe my offer is 100% fair, considering these cards are old, dusty, and abused, and brand new retail 7970's can be bought for less than $300 RETAIL with free shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202008

Picture of sub-$300 7970 in case item disappears or something
Pages:
Jump to: