Pages:
Author

Topic: No more signature campaigns for Junior Members - Asking for a grace period - page 3. (Read 483 times)

Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
The merit system is interesting for sure.  It can help limit some of the spam postings that is going on just to rank up.  However, if no members are actually giving other members merit it can become a toxic system that limits the amount of leveling up across the forum and become counterproductive.  While I do like the idea of the merit system its success is going to be based on the middle of the pack Members-Senior Members to succeed.
If you read up the entire announcement on the merit system then you will able to know that keeping smerits would be pointless. It always being suggested to be distribute.  Try to read up here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit  which have been mentioned where There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.. Merit system is changing the way to level up rank it would really be more tougher because people do need to make good quality post to earn merits. If not then you will stay on your recent rank for long..

Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
The merit system is interesting for sure.  It can help limit some of the spam postings that is going on just to rank up.  However, if no members are actually giving other members merit it can become a toxic system that limits the amount of leveling up across the forum and become counterproductive.  While I do like the idea of the merit system its success is going to be based on the middle of the pack Members-Senior Members to succeed.

I think you are right about this.  They had to do something because of all the airdrop and signature/bounty threads.  I saw a new coin announcement a while back (I'll have to dig for it), and 2 or 3 of the posters were newbies, and they said the exact same thing, something like 'great project!  I'm joining!.  Not even taking the time to mix it up.  I can just imagine the load that puts in the admins.  If they can get it to work, I'm all for it.
Activity: 254
Merit: 18
Well the discretion is up to each individual campaign and how they want to proceed this is not our decision. Personally I think they should honor the Jr's as long as the signature code is kept but again it is up to their own discretion. It is too early to tell how the system will work but we do know the merit supply and I think it is roughly 600k based on what I gathered from the merit thread. Again, tough to say what will happen but I think these changes were made with the best of intentions, time will truly tell though.

Oh, then you have read more carefully than I. The thread is getting very long, because it is a controversial issue I guess.
Activity: 378
Merit: 135
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
Well the discretion is up to each individual campaign and how they want to proceed this is not our decision. Personally I think they should honor the Jr's as long as the signature code is kept but again it is up to their own discretion. It is too early to tell how the system will work but we do know the merit supply and I think it is roughly 600k based on what I gathered from the merit thread. Again, tough to say what will happen but I think these changes were made with the best of intentions, time will truly tell though.
Activity: 254
Merit: 18
As you may be aware, the forum now has a "merit" system. You may find all the details here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-new-rank-requirements-2818350

In short, you will need people to "upvote" your posts to advance in rank, as opposed to making a certain amount of posts over time. The rules are explained in more detail in the thread, but "merit" is a scarce resource now, although we don´t know how scarce.

But I am placing this post in AltCoin discussion because it affects how signature campaigns are affected and many members don´t read the "Meta" section.

JUNIORS CAN´T HAVE A SIGNATURE NOW Can´t have links apparently.

This means that if you were in the middle of a campaign that required wearing the signature... you are done. Most likely you´ll get nothing.

If you consider that there should be some grace period or that an alternative solution could be implemented, you may post here or on the original Meta thread.
Pages:
Jump to: