Pages:
Author

Topic: NO PROOF MtGox is insolvent - Document possibly a Hoax? - STOP THE FUD! - page 3. (Read 7124 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 102
How do we know that mtgox has not been hacked in order to create chaos?
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
1. Joint statement by blockchain.info and other exchanges pretty much makes it crystal clear they are insolvent. In fact the original statement even used the word "insolvent" in the title and body of the statement (they have since removed such wording).

2. The source code on the Mt. Gox website says "put announce for mtgox acq here" which indicates a recent acquisition of the business, implying that they have been bought out and are going to continue operation of the business under different owners and management.

3. There is very solid evidence that gox.com was just acquired by Mt. Gox and is going to be used for their upcoming rebranding just like the document claims. Do a whois and gox.com and see: http://www.domaininvesting.com/andy-booth-sells-gox-com/

The document is clearly titled as a draft and may have been written by someone who doesn't speak English as their first language, so it's not a good idea to dismiss it on those grounds alone. I do agree that it's quite suspicious but everything written in the document seems to be unfolding exactly as predicted. I wouldn't fully trust the numbers in the document because it may have been written to cause a panic, but who ever wrote it clearly has an inside connection to Mt. Gox. Based on the joint statement and the actual Mt. Gox website being down I would say that the "proof" for Mt. Gox being insolvent is extremely high, hence the apparent acquisition.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
It seems like everyone is running round like like lunatics declaring MtGox is insolvent and dead without any solid proof. I am not saying this may not the case but lets at least wait for a solid bit of evidence - either an announcement from MtGox or proof that the document going around claiming MtGox lost 700,000+ BTC is real. Otherwise we are shooting ourselves in the foot. The media is and will have a field day on these claims and if later they prove to be false the short term damage will have already been done.

The document in question does not look at all professional to me and no one really seems to know where it really came from. What if it was just created by someone wanting cheap bitcoin? I would say that they have done an exceptional job of spreading FUD if that was the case.

Its amazing how many forum members come out of the woodwork claiming this is the end of Bitcoin, announcing class action lawsuits against MtGox, sending MK death threats etc. None of this is helping the situation.

STOP the FUD.

In my opinion Bitcoin is here to stay with or without MtGox!! Lets just get on with it.

The sad thing is, I get the feeling we are not going to get proper closure. This situation will just continue and the proof will make itself obvious through the build up of circumstantial evidence. The shittiest way for Gox customers (including silly old me) to learn the truth.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Mt.Gox support site has been deleted ... and the subdomain is now available for anyone to take !??!

No help desk at support.mtgox.com

There is no help desk configured at this address. This means that the address is available and that you can claim it at http://www.zendesk.com/signup/

Activity: 57
Many big names who previously supported MtGox have very publicly distanced themselves from Mark today.  They probably know him far better than any ordinary users.

Ironic contrast with your own sig. In bitcoin you want 6 confirmations, but for general panic we apparently need none.  The big news is, there is no news, just a blank page where mtgox used to be, with a weird "acq" announcement placeholder in the html-source.

Seeing how bitcoin is in a far better position than November last year and loads of encouraging news has been coming out, I'm starting to believe that people just want bitcoin-prices to go down because regardless. People seem to be panicking just so they can panic. Even if the rumored documents were real(doubtful to say the least), this would still mean it's old news and has nothing to do with the current bitcoin. I get that everyone likes to panic, but this stuff seems to have happened years ago, you've missed the panic window, you're too late.
legendary
Activity: 1316

Is Mark Karpeles really this dumb, does anyone really know him. \

Many big names who previously supported MtGox have very publicly distanced themselves from Mark today.  They probably know him far better than any ordinary users.

I agree, that is not encouraging.

Still not proof though.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Is there any concrete evidence of mt gox being insolvent anywhere? so these guys havent stated a thing the last 2 days, the only action we have seen is them halting trading and the website going down.
And we are all just speculating.

Better question, are people really this dumb to not see the obvious?
Yes they are. We have warned them multiple times before.
Activity: 868

Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
Is there any concrete evidence of mt gox being insolvent anywhere? so these guys havent stated a thing the last 2 days, the only action we have seen is them halting trading and the website going down.

Better question, are people really this dumb to not see the obvious?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

legendary
MtGox refused to even comment when asked by Wired about the allegations.  They're doing absolutely nothing to convey the actual truth to the public, so at this point it's their own damned fault if people believe the rumours.  They've had every opportunity to deny the various rumours which have sprung up over the last few day and consistently refused to state that they are solvent.

Yes, it's hard to imagine them having dealt with this in a worse way.

And, while they might refuse to say they are solvent they have not (as yet) stated they are insolvent either.

Companies do sometimes go into lock down when they are about to either file for bankruptcy or announce some really good news. Right now I wouldn't be betting on either option.
Activity: 6
I like their website... " put announce for mtgox acq here  "  lol
Activity: 868
MtGox refused to even comment when asked by Wired about the allegations.  They're doing absolutely nothing to convey the actual truth to the public, so at this point it's their own damned fault if people believe the rumours.  They've had every opportunity to deny the various rumours which have sprung up over the last few day and consistently refused to state that they are solvent. 

The onus is pretty much on them to prove their solvency now.  Once you stop paying people what you owe them without any agreement in place about when they will be paid, the presumption of insolvency applies by default.  It's the lack of information from MtGox itself which is destroying MtGox.
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
Activity: 252
judging by mtgox's latest actions they are pointing to insolvency

i believe they have been insolvent since their usd cash withdrawl problems

mark karpeles probally just wanted to buy time and blame transaction malleability
legendary
It seems like everyone is running round like like lunatics declaring MtGox is insolvent and dead without any solid proof. I am not saying this may not the case but lets at least wait for a solid bit of evidence - either an announcement from MtGox or proof that the document going around claiming MtGox lost 700,000+ BTC is real. Otherwise we are shooting ourselves in the foot. The media is and will have a field day on these claims and if later they prove to be false the short term damage will have already been done.

The document in question does not look at all professional to me and no one really seems to know where it really came from. What if it was just created by someone wanting cheap bitcoin? I would say that they have done an exceptional job of spreading FUD if that was the case.

Its amazing how many forum members come out of the woodwork claiming this is the end of Bitcoin, announcing class action lawsuits against MtGox, sending MK death threats etc. None of this is helping the situation.

STOP the FUD.

In my opinion Bitcoin is here to stay with or without MtGox!! Lets just get on with it.
Pages:
Jump to: