Pages:
Author

Topic: No worries.. US debt per person only trippled from 2004-2015 - page 2. (Read 4430 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
And who says bitcoin is not the solution to all these problems.

Well, Bitcoin can easily crash too. It happened a bit ago, no one can predict it going to complete 0. As far as Bitcoin being a solution for an economic meltdown, I just don't see that happening. It's no surprise Bitcoin isn't a mainstream thing, so for people to say, "forget fiat, hello Bitcoin" to a currency with fluctuating prices, I see that is least feasible. The US needs to stop getting so involved in foreign affairs. Keep manufacturing in the country and maybe we wouldn't owe trillions to China.

Bitcoin is the solution to unsound lending (lenders who have not saved, and loaners who are not willing or able to pay back). Lending reduced to a prudent level will be the result of the all bitcoin endgame. Obviously, because of this, governments will have to be smaller, and the idea of having a government at all will wane. Anarchy!! Now, get out of bitcoin and hoard your dollars, cowards!

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514
And who says bitcoin is not the solution to all these problems.

Well, Bitcoin can easily crash too. It happened a bit ago, no one can predict it going to complete 0. As far as Bitcoin being a solution for an economic meltdown, I just don't see that happening. It's no surprise Bitcoin isn't a mainstream thing, so for people to say, "forget fiat, hello Bitcoin" to a currency with fluctuating prices, I see that is least feasible. The US needs to stop getting so involved in foreign affairs. Keep manufacturing in the country and maybe we wouldn't owe trillions to China.
legendary
It is strange that that map says the US debt is $14 trillion. It is over $18 trillion by now.

I checked the map. It is saying that all the countries have some debt, even the green ones. I wonder, then who is lending ? I mean, is there any country without a debt ?

p.s. Sorry, I'm not good in economics.
[...]
All loans could in theory be paid back, extinguishing all debt. If the loaners are not able or willing to pay back, the loans could be written off as a loss, same result in the aggregate.
[...]

could you explain how this can work in a system operated under fractional reserve? (except for mass defaulting of the loans)

Fractional reserve does not change this (it just adds risk of nonpayment). Even I do not want a debt free system, although it could theoretically work for capital (only personal loans for consumption are strictly necessary, businesses could just have more investors in stead). The point is that there are lenders, ultimately those lenders are persons, and in the aggregate, non government persons are the net lenders to the government persons.

Hey, you clipped the anti government rant from my post, I shouldn't reply to you.
legendary
A profound form of lending that is occuring in great volume right now, is the so called uncovered entitlements. It goes like this:

We have decided to give you a heart operation when you need it in the future (yes, we are that good). Since not everybody needs one, the smart thing to give you is an insurance for it instead. So here you are, the check for the insurance is already in the mail.

But wait... it is we who are the insurance company, so we just keep the money, in stead of we paying you and you paying back. That's more practical.

The money is not needed now, so we just loan them from the insurance department now and use it or give it to our friends to use. We will pay back sometime, promise!

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
It is strange that that map says the US debt is $14 trillion. It is over $18 trillion by now.

I checked the map. It is saying that all the countries have some debt, even the green ones. I wonder, then who is lending ? I mean, is there any country without a debt ?

[...]
All loans could in theory be paid back, extinguishing all debt. If the loaners are not able or willing to pay back, the loans could be written off as a loss, same result in the aggregate.
[...]

could you explain how this can work in a system operated under fractional reserve? (except for mass defaulting of the loans)
legendary

The first thing to know about governments, is that the government is not the people. The state, that is they, not us.

Governments loan from individuals in the area that is extended to the point where the next government is stronger, also called a country. They also loan from individuals in other countries. (They also loan from other governments, but that is not a part of the answer to your question).

Using currency manipulation, the governments move value from lenders to loaners, including themselves, but that does not change the fact that there is a lender somewhere for each loan.

tl;dr Individuals are net lenders to governments.

Activity: 534
Merit: 250
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
LOL

And people are happy that the USD value has gone up!

I wonder what will happen after the ride is on the way down? Hopefully they can back the print of money with something worthy.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000

I can't wait for the big collapse. I'm loading my popcorn stock.

hopefully you have enough savings because you will be unemployed then.

----------

the US can pay any debt at any time:

Yup, with more debts.

ahah  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?

----------

Yup, with more debts.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust

Impossible, I'm self-employed Wink

hopefully in a survival&outdoor-business  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

Not relevant, I'm self-employed Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust

----------

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

It will be good because deceiption and lies will be out and they can hopefully reconstruct on better grounds.
legendary
Activity: 840
the most big countries has more debt, only africa seems green with low debt
USA,China,India are at highest level according to this chart

what you think, they will able to pay back or how much it will increase by 2020
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
Paying back the national debt is IMPOSSIBLE. Unless we fundamentally change the system, just talking about it is delusional.

http://lisgi1.engr.ccny.cuny.edu/~makse/Modern_Money_Mechanics.pdf
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
and they expect the usd to surpass the euro, how funny, usd is worth less than my toilet paper
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
The US will  not repay the debt. So it does not matter how much debt it has. It can also inflate away the debt.

if they dont pay their debt, why should we?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
There's not a single country that can pay their debts, let alone the insane debts of countries like the US.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
The US will  not repay the debt. So it does not matter how much debt it has. It can also inflate away the debt.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
So what?  A lot more people are buying their own homes too.  Debt per person isn't really the greatest indicator.

When paying the interest on the national debt is more than our budget...it will cause some problems.

Current interest payment is $430 billion.

The proposed Defense budget for this year is $526 billion. We will soon be paying more in interest than for our national defense.

If some politician says they have some plan for fixing the budget and it does not include addressing the huge debt, they are feeding you a pile of shit.

what possible answer could there be to address a debt that size ? im intrigued which politician can pay off 18 trillion and what with and over how many years if if the interest alone is $430 billion and growing by the day  ?

If Ron Paul were elected in 2012, we would be seeing budget surpluses in next year's budget which could be used to start paying down that debt (It would not be $18 trillion either).

Pages:
Jump to: