Pages:
Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 76. (Read 1053097 times)

legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
nooble price always is so low Huh

well than, you should scoop up some more before the price goes up.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
nooble price always is so low Huh
legendary
SaluS - (SLS)
What's on the horizon for Noble?

The price has reached 4 sat on Cryptsy.. Is there a reason not to sell?

Bitcoin up Altcoins go down

^ This.

Also, if you are looking to sell your Noble at 4, please PM me first before you try to dump it on the market, will give you a fair price for it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Bitcoin up Altcoins go down
Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
well i guess now i know for sure i am not getting my noble back. Cry

Yep me neither Cry
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Please disregard version 2.0.3 and continue using version 2.0.2.

New version will be published when issue is resolved. Thank you everyone for testing.

Thanks for the update
Activity: 440
Merit: 251
Please disregard version 2.0.3 and continue using version 2.0.2.

New version will be published when issue is resolved. Thank you everyone for testing.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

Thanks for reporting this. I will need to get my hands on windows 10 and check what is different.

It has nothing to do with Windows 10. I got that exact same effect on Windows 7 Pro x64.
Non mandatory wallet update - version 2.0.3

Changes
Changed wallet's layout back to latest version of PoW wallet. Looks better now Wink This change is just about look and feel. If you do not care there is no need to upgrade.

Feedback is welcome
Please let me know if everything is fine or if you notice any issues. This update does not touch anything important hence risk should be minimal but lots of files were modified. I will appreciate your feedback.

How to upgrade
1. It is always a good idea to backup your wallet.dat file.
2. Download, unzip and run newest version of client.

Do I have to upgrade?
No, you don't. This update is just about graphics.

What's the recommended size of transactions to ensure staking will work best?
In theory 2 000 000 coins is best size. However it reality it depends what is the current network difficulty and how many wallets are staking. Personally I never had any issues with transaction sizes between 100 000 - 2 000 000.

Download:
- Windows: http://ilikebtc.com/noble/NobleCoin-Qt-v2.0.3.zip
- Linux: https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/

New UI seems not really readable using windows 10.

Thanks for reporting this. I will need to get my hands on windows 10 and check what is different.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Yeah, I also had that gothic look in my new wallet... Grin meaning this new version is totally unreadable

No problem, just had to rollback to the old one and everything was back to normal
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
^^

That's what I'm seeing as well (except for coin control and receive addresses where the font is white).

Windows 7
Activity: 548
Merit: 501

Changes
Changed wallet's layout back to latest version of PoW wallet. Looks better now Wink This change is just about look and feel. If you do not care there is no need to upgrade.

Feedback is welcome
Please let me know if everything is fine or if you notice any issues. This update does not touch anything important hence risk should be minimal but lots of files were modified. I will appreciate your feedback.

How to upgrade

Do I have to upgrade?

In theory 2 000 000 coins is best size. However it reality it depends what is the current network difficulty and how many wallets are staking. Personally I never had any issues with transaction sizes between 100 000 - 2 000 000.

Download:

New UI seems not really readable using windows 10.

Nice! Thanks eagleflies, will give it a go.

I set my blocks at 500k-2M,  stakes like a champ.

Thank you.

Speaking about ideal block size for staking - anything above 100k has been working great so far.
legendary
SaluS - (SLS)

Changes

Feedback is welcome

How to upgrade

Do I have to upgrade?

Download:

Nice! Thanks eagleflies, will give it a go.

I set my blocks at 500k-2M,  stakes like a champ.

Changes

Feedback is welcome

How to upgrade

Do I have to upgrade?

Download:
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
you're awesome, thanks for the explanation
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Staking Question:

I'm running 3 addresses with ~1.5M per address. The last coin movement was may 2015. I fired up the wallet today ver2020 after a couple months of not running and wallet states "not minting because no mature coins"  Cry

Can someone shed some light on this please?

thanks,
john

My experience is that once you've gone beyond 10,000 confirmations, it takes a terribly long time to stake, and the stake you wind up with is less than what you'd get staking the same amount with only 1500 confirmations. It could also take you days to stake, whereas the same amount with only 1500 confirmations will stake in less than a couple of hours, and it'll stake more too boot!

The coin is designed to work like that in order to motivate a more active wallet, thus promoting a more constant widespread use, and, ultimately a much more secure network, and those who don't play an active part in maintaining a vibrant widely distributed network are penalized. So is the person who's away on work or holidays (unless you leave your wallet open constantly, and the rewards are quite decent doing exactly that so it is a very viable option if you don't mind leaving your computer on when you're away for extended periods of time).

In summary, If you've got amounts with more than 10,000 confirmations, be done with it, send them to yourself, and start from zero - the damage is already done and you'll start making more NOBL at a faster rate and much more quickly if you simple destroy the excessive coin age.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Staking Question:

I'm running 3 addresses with ~1.5M per address. The last coin movement was may 2015. I fired up the wallet today ver2020 after a couple months of not running and wallet states "not minting because no mature coins"  Cry

Can someone shed some light on this please?

thanks,
john
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
a notable coin from the 2nd wave of altcoins
bright name, great idea...

does Noblecoin have checkpoints? normal checkpoints or ACP?
estimated supply over the next 10 years?
thanks

flat 8% inflation by pos
in fact below because coinage burned in transactions
u can estimate 60% of theoretical as real staked POS rewards so a 5% inflation is more relaistic

so lets do 10 years

now 2244745145 (each year x 1.05)
1 2356982402
2 2474831522
3 2598573098
4 2728501753
5 2864926841
6 3008173183
7 3158581842
8 3316510934
9 3482336481
10 3656453305